Walt Disney World Resort Hotels Go Smoke-Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trishnh

I, for one, was very glad to hear this!!! We just got back last night :)( ) and the smokers were horrible!! They were everywhere and the smoke just hangs there in the humid air and wack! you walk through a nasty cloud of smoke. I applaud Disney for making this huge statement!:sohappy:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
:lol: Perfect timing. You always know what to say. Hopefully I can transfer my addiction from nicotine to MKTine. Then again, chances are one of Kyle's friends would probably conduct a sponsored "study" that says you're bad for my health too.
I would have made a hash pipe joke, but it's not funny unless you're a member of Weezer.

Piebald

I have noticed an increasing number of smokers in non-smoking areas at the parks lately! :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

slappy magoo

Ya know I am seriously thinking about canceling my trip in 6 weeks and stay off property. Im not one to typically complain but my goodness, smoking is my only bad habit... and yes I can understand the ban most places have of not smoking... like resturants and such and I can live with that and have no qualms about it.

But 6 weeks before my trip that I requested a smoking room and to be now told I cannot is a slap in my face and cant like with it. And I dont mean to come off ignorant but who is going to even know I smoked in the room if I dispose of the cig in the toilet and then spray the room down with Oust!

Sorry, I had to laugh out loud when I read this. I don't necessarily remember every single WDW member, but MaXXImus joined about 8 months ago, I believe, bursting with WDW questions and enthusiasm. For a while, he could be counted on to START at least three threads a day. We're all kids at heart, but his heart-on-his-sleeve fascination with all things WDW bordered on manchild turf. If anyone isn't going to cancel his vacation because of this new policy, it's him.

Kriszee1

Speaking of crack pipes...:ROFLOL: Hypothetically, if you use medicinal marjuana, will you be forced to roll them outside or is that permissable in a room. After all, we all know that it smells NOTHING like cigarette smoke. Speaking of that, how many non-smokers are offended by the smoke from that,or do you just giggle when you walk into the room? (LOL:lol: ...please know this is a joke people...everyone is entirely too serious)

Wilt Dasney

Speaking of crack pipes...:ROFLOL: Hypothetically, if you use medicinal marjuana, will you be forced to roll them outside or is that permissable in a room. After all, we all know that it smells NOTHING like cigarette smoke. Speaking of that, how many non-smokers are offended by the smoke from that,or do you just giggle when you walk into the room? (LOL:lol: ...please know this is a joke people...everyone is entirely too serious)

Florida doesn't allow use of marijuana for medical purposes.

(Oh darn, that was a serious answer, wasn't it?) :brick:

Cattman96

i don't understand the crack pipe. You seem like an educated bunch with disposable income, why not try switching to coke. It seems quick and easy with just a snort, and no by product of smoke? just a thought

fizzle75

If you get a whiff of smoke while passing, you will not immediately drop dead, so calm down. If a guest is following you around blowing smoke at you, you have a problem. If not, chill out and let us kill ourselves in peace.

We may not drop dead but to those with smoke allergies,like my wife, just a whiff can be incredibly aggravating to their allergies and end up ruining the rest of their day or even trip.

Very mature attitude by the way. While there are other smokers on this thread trying to help us see that smoker's are actually slaves to an addiction that they actually want to escape from here you come along and say something as immature as "chill out and let us kill ourselves in peace", indicating that you realize the brevity of the situation yet really don't care about the inevitable outcome and have no desire to do all you can to escape it.

I am now getting the impression that smokers fall into one of two camps...those who honestly want to quit smoking and are struggling deeply with their addiction...and those who honestly don't realize how deadly their addiction is to themselves and those around them and therefore have no desire to quit. Am I right? Please correct me if I am wrong, I honestly want to try to understand this.

PigletIsMyCat

[/b][/i]

We may not drop dead but to those with smoke allergies,like my wife, just a whiff can be incredibly aggravating to their allergies and end up ruining the rest of their day or even trip.

Very mature attitude by the way. While there are other smokers on this thread trying to help us see that smoker's are actually slaves to an addiction that they actually want to escape from here you come along and say something as immature as "chill out and let us kill ourselves in peace", indicating that you realize the brevity of the situation yet really don't care about the inevitable outcome and have no desire to do all you can to escape it.

I am now getting the impression that smokers fall into one of two camps...those who honestly want to quit smoking and are struggling deeply with their addiction...and those who honestly don't realize how deadly their addiction is to themselves and those around them and therefore have no desire to quit. Am I right? Please correct me if I am wrong, I honestly want to try to understand this.

You're entirely wrong. Read some of my previous posts in this thread. And most smokers on this thread have been quite polite and quiet when being serious, or funny (MKT) to lighten the mood. I do not participate in mood lightening often, which is probably why you found my 'chill out' comment immature. If you are going to comment on a thread, especially something one person has said, try reading the thread first so you can get the gist and nub of that person's point of view.

PigletIsMyCat

[/b][/i]

As for this, I have been sent into a full-blown asthma attack on property, requiring me to leave property to use my nebulizer, from a woman's perfume.

fizzle75

As for this, I have been sent into a full-blown asthma attack on property, requiring me to leave property to use my nebulizer, from a woman's perfume.

Help me understand how your smoking doesn't have the same effect on you as the perfume? In my mind, being an asthmatic and still smoking is absolutely unbelievable, it is as perplexing to me as the numerous folks I know that are on oxygen yet still continue to smoke.

joshwill

I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that smoking areas should not be available. They are merely continuing the trend and creating designated smoking areas in the Resort Hotels. Disney has clearly decided that it can increase occupancy by doing this and decrease the costs of running the resorts, which means there will be more cash on hand for other projects around WDW. As for people telling you to quit smoking, jmvd20 did mention that he's a former smoker, so I would imagine he is well aware of how challenging it is to quit smoking, and it is folks who have smoked and quit who are in a position of making such comments.

ive seen some, in other threads, that have suggested that. there was one "mother" that said that her and her family, kids included, point and laugh at those in the smoking areas.

DisneyChik17

ive seen some, in other threads, that have suggested that. there was one "mother" that said that her and her family, kids included, point and laugh at those in the smoking areas.

I may not point and laugh right there, but the option is always there. I just think for a few minutes how pathetic and meaningless my own life would have to be before I picked up a murder weapon and repeatedly places it into my mouth and then exhaled a product which, over less time, could kill everyone in a 50 foot radius of me.

Erika

Kyle,

You can't be that naive? Still alive today?

He would be 106.

Only 4 years older than my daughter's great-great-grandmother, who, by the way, could still kick your butt and then write a song about it :cool:

Anyway... I think it's a smart financial move by Disney as it will save a lot more money than it will cost them. I remember cleaning my grandma's and great-aunt's condo in Cocoa Beach and the layers of tar we scraped off the walls, ceiling fans, etc... only 6 weeks after my uncle had done the same. :dazzle:

fizzle75 said:
In my mind, being an asthmatic and still smoking is absolutely unbelievable, it is as perplexing to me as the numerous folks I know that are on oxygen yet still continue to smoke.

Yes!! If anything, that should demonstrate the power of addiction. The excruciating pain I watched many of my loved ones go through is proof enough to me that quitting is hard. I can't imagine anybody would go through that on purpose.

As far as smokers go who are not trying to quit-- how many sunworshippers do you see out there wearing little to no SPF? Sometimes a person just does not care :shrug:

joshwill

nice edit, i got the full post via email.

by your account, i could be at the smoking area on one side of fountain at epcot, and you would be on the otherside, and my smoke would be killing you.

a tad overly dramatic.

DisneyChik17

nice edit, i got the full post via email.

by your account, i could be at the smoking area on one side of fountain at epcot, and you would be on the otherside, and my smoke would be killing you.

a tad overly dramatic.

Glad you liked it. And yes, if any tiny atom of your ciggarette discharge gets into my lungs, which I am sure it will, you are killing me. But thank you for the concern over humankind in general.

As for me being "overly dramatic," it's to make a point and maybe have someone realize the errors in their ways not to please you.

joshwill

Glad you liked it. And yes, if any tiny atom of your ciggarette discharge gets into my lungs, which I am sure it will, you are killing me. But thank you for the concern over humankind in general.

As for me being "overly dramatic," it's to make a point and maybe have someone realize the errors in their ways not to please you.

do you breathe in exhaust from vehicles? from factory smoke stacks?

smokers simply make an easier target.

PigletIsMyCat

Help me understand how your smoking doesn't have the same effect on you as the perfume? In my mind, being an asthmatic and still smoking is absolutely unbelievable, it is as perplexing to me as the numerous folks I know that are on oxygen yet still continue to smoke.

I would love to understand myself how smoking does not immediately bother my breathing, but inhaling perfume, fresh cut grass, cigar smoke, or certain flowers immediately constricts my breathing.

And, as for likening a cigarette that I am smoking, which is legal, in a designated area on private property to a murder weapon is a bit much. Being 'overly dramatic' "to make a point and maybe have someone realize the errors in their ways not to please you" is not going to make me realize the error of my ways. You are effectively stating that I AM WRONG to participate in a legal (albeit unhealthy) act. You (DisneyChik17) have also just told every smoker on this board that we are pathetic and meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom