Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

SirNim

I like that. A lot. But honestly, I think that would more appropriately describe the booting out of Leave a Legacy and return of a fountain sculpture.
That's still at the top of the list. Not the old entrance configuration back... Just something as awesome as the old entrance configuration was!

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
That's still at the top of the list. Not the old entrance configuration back... Just something as awesome as the old entrance configuration was!

Personally, I would love to see reflecting pools where the old planters used to be, they could do something really awesome with submerged lighting at night. Unfortunately, I think some of our less sophisticated Guests would let their kids take baths in them.

EPCOT Explorer

Personally, I would love to see reflecting pools where the old planters used to be, they could do something really awesome with submerged lighting at night. Unfortunately, I think some of our less sophisticated Guests would let their kids take baths in them.
Fountains would be nice too. Rushing water in front of SSE would be a interesting effect..

SirNim

Yeah, something that flows out from the center fountain. Maybe with watery prismy thingys of the park and pavilion logos (yeah, you know what I'm talking about).
For maybe 10 years now I've been sketching designs for a future house for myself, really blue-sky-style stuff. Anyway, one of the earliest design features I settled on was a large circular atrium, with a circular fountain in the middle, from which various independent streams diverge and circulate throughout each of the various rooms that open onto the atrium. Small footbridges and elegant modern railings allow for safe walking across and near these little streams. It's a great idea that would work very well in the oblong entrance plaza—just style it futuristically, ensure guests can't "play in the fountain," and include a tasteful amount of greenery. The photo-ops would be incredible!

EPCOT Explorer

Kinda like the rendering in the middle of the old SSE display?:D;)

93417228-spaceship1.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

For maybe 10 years now I've been sketching designs for a future house for myself, really blue-sky-style stuff. Anyway, one of the earliest design features I settled on was a large circular atrium, with a circular fountain in the middle, from which various independent streams diverge and circulate throughout each of the various rooms that open onto the atrium. Small footbridges and elegant modern railings allow for safe walking across and near these little streams. It's a great idea that would work very well in the oblong entrance plaza—just style it futuristically, ensure guests can't "play in the fountain," and include a tasteful amount of greenery. The photo-ops would be incredible!

You. Must. Post. This. Please.:D:sohappy:

SirNim

You. Must. Post. This. Please.:D:sohappy:
As thou wish!
link

It's the workiest of works-in-progress, the crudest of sketches, completely incomplete and just executed on a lark, but as you can see, the gray lines radiating from the center fountain across the floor represent the streams, which then enter and continue to flow through various rooms positioned in their paths. (There would also be a series of elegant railings which I have not yet included in the drawing to ensure that no one could lose their balance and fall into the water.) A similar idea might be feasible for the entrance plaza.

EPCOT Explorer

As thou wish!
link

It's the workiest of works-in-progress, the crudest of sketches, completely incomplete and just executed on a lark, but as you can see, the gray lines radiating from the center fountain across the floor represent the streams, which then enter and continue to flow through various rooms positioned in their paths. (There would also be a series of elegant railings which I have not yet included in the drawing to ensure that no one could lose their balance and fall into the water.) A similar idea might be feasible for the entrance plaza.

Oooooh, wierd.:lol: It's victorianish...Interesting. I was expecting modern/futuristic but this is cool too!:D

Disneyson 1

That looks great. I wish I could have an in-house fountain all the time. But alas, the landlord would most likely not enjoy my sentiments.

Has there been any work done to the solar panels on UoE's roof? They were looking a little weathered last time I was there. Are they still operational?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Has there been any work done to the solar panels on UoE's roof? They were looking a little weathered last time I was there. Are they still operational?
If I recall they were rund down and not working a while back, and were all replaced and rewired to work again. A couple of years ago I think.

What will be interesting is if the pavilions original lighting is used again on the sides; the inset colour walls were illuminated by hidden lights beneath the ribs, the ribs themselves were dark.

EPCOT Explorer

If I recall they were rund down and not working a while back, and were all replaced and rewired to work again. A couple of years ago I think.

What will be interesting is if the pavilions original lighting is used again on the sides; the inset colour walls were illuminated by hidden lights beneath the ribs, the ribs themselves were dark.
That was always a nice effect.

Wouldn't be to hard to move some lighting over a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom