Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

SoccerMickey

According to Planet 7's UoE site certain parts of EEA were edited out. What were these missing scenes?

One thing that was edited out was of the preshow right before Ellen says "Is this a nightmare or what?" She used to say something regarding that this was the worst dream she's ever had except for the time she dreamt that she was sitting naked in her french class to take her final exam and her teacher was a french poodle named Mr. Puffy.

EPCOT Explorer

That would make us fans too happy. :brick::lol:
Oh right, they like to ignore that at the happiest place on Earth.:lol::brick::lol:

One thing that was edited out was of the preshow right before Ellen says "Is this a nightmare or what?" She used to say something regarding that this was the worst dream she's ever had except for the time she dreamt that she was sitting naked in her french class to take her final exam and her teacher was a french poodle named Mr. Puffy.

Heh. I think I remember that....:D

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
According to Planet 7's UoE site certain parts of EEA were edited out. What were these missing scenes?

I seem to remember reading that it was a scene having to do with Einstein and his low-energy lightbulb after Jeopardy!

They could easily update the show and keep the music. I wish they would use this concept more often.:rolleyes::lol::lol:

The current music is good, but I'd really love to see them bring back the original Universe of Energy theme, especially that particular "pulsing chime" sound.

EPCOT Explorer

I seem to remember reading that it was a scene having to do with Einstein and his low-energy lightbulb after Jeopardy!

The current music is good, but I'd really love to see them bring back the original Universe of Energy theme, especially that particular "pulsing chime" sound.

Hmm...Don't remember that.

But I do agree with that.:D

TheDisneyMagic

Another change of audio in the pre show, the line "no can do times are wasting, come on!" just before Ellen beigns her catch up to the late people and the "now some person I don't even know"

I can swear the line was at some point "no can do times are wasting, come on! It'll be fun"

I never hear the fun part anymore, I don't know if it is my memories playing games or whether it was actually edited out.:dazzle:

Anyone have any ideas about possible sponsors that might be lined up for the future? :shrug:I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that GE could do it (not that they necessarily want to), after all, they always boast about all their green technologies.:lookaroun

WDITrent

I think that was a while ago. Last time I went, in 2008, she didn't mention the French class incident and only said "Is this a nightmare or what?"

EPCOT Explorer

I think that was a while ago. Last time I went, in 2008, she didn't mention the French class incident and only said "Is this a nightmare or what?"

Oh, I think it's been a whiiiile since they edited it out. It might have been there in 2000 though. Don't know. I'll have to see if I have a ride vid from then.

Jasonflz

Another change of audio in the pre show, the line "no can do times are wasting, come on!" just before Ellen beigns her catch up to the late people and the "now some person I don't even know"

I can swear the line was at some point "no can do times are wasting, come on! It'll be fun"

I never hear the fun part anymore, I don't know if it is my memories playing games or whether it was actually edited out.:dazzle:

In Martin's EEA ride through mix, (the one that was a real pain to download for those who remember), you can hear "It'll be fun." I alway's thought the score drowned out the line but maybe it was edited out.

teebin

Wow... this post is an example of the wild love some feel for old Disney. While I respect that, I doubt Walt would have. I love it when they rip something old down and replace it with something new and better and hyper up-to-date. (if it isn't the classic singular symbol of the park)

Many at Uni are mortified they ripped down the Dueling Dragons sculpture. It was beautiful theme park execution but new is newer and will help to keep us coming back. And the same artists that sculpted the dragons are now sculpting something else. I am sure that they are happy.

So, future world at Epcot in 1999 was dreadful, it was awful, it was the first time I had been there and I just found it sooo dated and unimportant. Granted, I was on a speed vacation, but I left and returned to IOA.

So, rip it down or totally reinvent.

TheDisneyMagic

In Martin's EEA ride through mix, (the one that was a real pain to download for those who remember), you can hear "It'll be fun." I alway's thought the score drowned out the line but maybe it was edited out.

You are right, I just dug that out and you can clearly hear that in the video, I have tried all sorts of areas of the preshow holding area to listen out for it but to no avil thus far. The score does get louder by this point so it could be, but when in the area you can't hear the line at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom