Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

SoccerMickey

Epcot does have the potential for some really cool lighting effects at night. The lights on the side of the Universe Of Energy would be cool. Because I think pavilions like Test Track are really lacking when it comes to at night. Where other pavilions like Imagination and The Land used to have a really cool look at night, which doesn't look like the way I remember.

EPCOT Explorer

Epcot does have the potential for some really cool lighting effects at night. The lights on the side of the Universe Of Energy would be cool. Because I think pavilions like Test Track are really lacking when it comes to at night. Where other pavilions like Imagination and The Land used to have a really cool look at night, which doesn't look like the way I remember.
EPCOT, IMHO could be the most versatile park when it comes to lighting. Don't go and make it too flashy, but it could be so sublte and glowey...if that's a word.:lol::D

SoccerMickey

EPCOT, IMHO could be the most versatile park when it comes to lighting. Don't go and make it too flashy, but it could be so sublte and glowey...if that's a word.:lol::D

One of my favorite things about the Disney parks is the lighting, both effects and fixtures. And I would have a ball finding different ways to light all these unique buildings. Too bad they really drop the ball on that.

Anyone have any further updates on the progress of the paint job? Pictures maybe? I really hope they don't let us all down, even though they wouldn't really care.

If I remember correctly when the show switched to Ellen you were no longer taking a "ride on sunshine."
If I recall they were rund down and not working a while back, and were all replaced and rewired to work again. A couple of years ago I think.

What will be interesting is if the pavilions original lighting is used again on the sides; the inset colour walls were illuminated by hidden lights beneath the ribs, the ribs themselves were dark.

Thanks guys! I would think that after the announcement of reducing thier carbon footprint down to zero, something like the old solar panels would be up and running again. Hopefully that is the case. I always thought that was so cool when I was a kid.

And that lighting sounds far more interesting and visible than the current design on the building. Either way it is nice to see this tired side of Future World getting the attention it needs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom