Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

SoccerMickey

It's difficult to tell from these pictures, but did they remove the giant topiaries that used to be there? I can't say that I recall them from my last trip in August, come to think of it.

If they aren't going to have topiaries and just ugly, overgrown bushes that appear in those photos, they might as well restore the reflecting pools.

The dinosaur topiaries are gone as is the Ellen's Energy Adventure billboard outside, which I never really cared for.

Huck

That's what I thought too until they painted the first "in-between" area red.

Not to be the nay-sayer (I am also very hopeful), but with only one section painted it is impossible to predict the pattern. They could just as easily be painting the in-between spaces in a rainbow of colors. (And I hate to sound so negative, but these days I sort-of expect them to make decisions that just miss greatness only to end up being half-baked)

Crossing fingers and hoping (once again) that they prove me wrong.:zipit:

Expo_Seeker40

Hopefully with new (retro) paint, the landscapping can be redone and the area cleaned up a bit.

Who knows....maybe they'll paint the project tomorrow building blue again. :D

krankenstein

Not to be the nay-sayer (I am also very hopeful), but with only one section painted it is impossible to predict the pattern. They could just as easily be painting the in-between spaces in a rainbow of colors. (And I hate to sound so negative, but these days I sort-of expect them to make decisions that just miss greatness only to end up being half-baked)

Crossing fingers and hoping (once again) that they prove me wrong.:zipit:

More than one section is painted red. I wish I would've got a better picture, but you can plainly tell from the monorail that they are painting other sections. However, like I said early, they didn't have any sections painted yellow, they were blue and red.

DisneyPrincess5

I think the outside looks great...as for the inside...Im ready to see Ellen and that giant cel phone answer her last round of Final Jeopardy. As much as I love the show and the cast its definitely dated and ready to see something new...and new doesn't necessarily mean involving Mike and Sully or Wall*E

Haha...if they add Wall E to anything, I'll go nuts....in a bad way.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
It's funny, about a week or more ago, I was looking at the pavilion, and noticed the color of one of the "ribs" on the right side was different. So I just thought, "oh, nice, at least the outside is getting some fresh paint." Little did I suspect...

I have to say, it was quite a surprise a couple of days ago. I walked out of Innoventions and looked over there, the ribs on the left side there caught my eye, and my jaw literally dropped and stayed there for about five minutes. I just couldn't believe it.

It would be interesting to hear from anyone visiting the park today if there has been any further paint work. I think there's almost no way that they're not going back to the old paint job, it's just too much of a coincidence. Red in that spot yes, but all of the ribs look to be the exact same gray that they used to be.

jmuboy

Now if only an intelligent and entertaining updated version of the show (sans ANY Disney cartoon characters) was also on its way!

DisneyPrincess5

Yea but did you see the Wall*E that walked the ladies from the View out last week. That was really cool. I would love to see that in the parks. NOT IN UNIVERSE OF ENERGY but somewhere around Tomorrowland or Pixar Place.

Hmm ok yes, I agree...just not in any attractions! It would be cool if they had him walk around (or roll...whatever he does) like Lucky :lookaroun

Where is he anyway???

jt04

I can hear the creation of the Prisms now. They will be back soon too!! (One can only hope)

Yes! Or at least something as interesting. Not sure what the deal is with the current fountain. Looks like a weekend home depot project.

b94ronman

This brought a smile to my face, I have always prefered the original color scheme, both in person and in photos it stands out so much better.

Now prays the same treatment will be carried out on the exterior of Journey into Imagination.

And the JII interior as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

gus ghost

Yay! I hope they are going back to the "energizing" original color scheme! The rainbow has to go. This is the Energy pavillion, not the Imagination pavillion! (I miss the rainbow tunnel!) :animwink:

DoctorPrius

If they want to make Universe of Energy more popular with guests what they need to do is make the intro and final video room play videos that are not longer than 5 minutes long and summarize the importance of energy and where we need to go from (show off new energy techonologies) and keep the main focus on the dinosaur portion of the rdie because thats what everyone goes on it to see.

I don't want to see ellen degeneries and I dont want to sit through a lecture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom