TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

krankenstein

It already had a roof. That is what they are setting all that building material on. :brick:

Now perhaps they are adding a second roof for insulation purposes, or perhaps it's something else. The point is, it's fun to guess. I don't see the harm.:shrug:

No, the building was two stories now it is one. What they are putting the materials on used to be the floor of the second story. :shrug:

_Scar

This isn't going to happen, but let me do the JT fun guessing game post.

They should make the executive offices up there. Perhaps get them IN the park and they might want to help it out more. Also, put some offices in CMM with murals of Beastly Kingdom. Maybe they'll want to build that.

JLW11Hi

I don't believe it will happen either. I'm just saying I'd like to see Scificity happen. I know they are not that daring anymore. So they will probably return to calling the TTA a "peoplemover". At least TTA had a bit of creativity to it. "Peoplemover" is just :snore: IMO.

I don't really like either of those names. Peoplemover was fine for Walt's time when he was trying to promote it as an actual system of transportation to be implemented outside of theme parks. Tomorowland Transit Authority is just a lame name. Why would you put the word "Authority" in a theme park ride? Why not something like "Tomorrowland Transit Pods" or something a little more fun?

But whatever.

The name doesn't really matter. The ride is popular because everyone knows it as the ride where you travel above Tomorrowland in those little cars. Everyone sees them moving around above them while walking in Tomorrowland and then everyone tries to find out how to get up there.

Kingdom WDW

I remeMber reading something about a senior Imagineer commenting that either Tomorrowland or Future World becoming irrelevant, I don't remember which. Possibly WDI is subtely making Tomorrowland an Island of Misfit toys of sorts as it becomes a hodgepodge of concepts that wouldn't fit anywhere else.

imagineer boy

I think that is being a bit too technical. Most guests would see Hulk or Spiderman as science fantasy and basically a subset of science fiction. It would work for all except the most extreme comic book fanboy.

Too technical? Any idiot can see that Marvel characters are not science fiction.

_Scar

I don't really like either of those names. Peoplemover was fine for Walt's time when he was trying to promote it as an actual system of transportation to be implemented outside of theme parks. Tomorowland Transit Authority is just a lame name. Why would you put the word "Authority" in a theme park ride? Why not something like "Tomorrowland Transit Pods" or something a little more fun?

But whatever.

The name doesn't really matter. The ride is popular because everyone knows it as the ride where you travel above Tomorrowland in those little cars. Everyone sees them moving around above them while walking in Tomorrowland and then everyone tries to find out how to get up there.

Because TTP is a blood disorder. :lol::p

Thrill Seeker

If this is the case, then we need to rename the TTA to something along the lines of the Tomorrowland PeopleMover. Right now, the attraction name implies a futuristic public transit system in the city of Tomorrowland; this new narration does nothing to enhance or even touch upon that theme. If the city theme of TL disappears, then so should the transit theme.

Let me state that if the name of the attraction were changed, I would have no problem with it. This narration works well for the PeopleMover idea; I do have a problem with it being for the Tomorrowland Transit Authority theme.

Well said. I think it should be re-named the Tomorrowland Peoplemover, although that sounds a bit generic. Personally I'd like to see it be called WEDway again...

krankenstein

So why not just tar paper it and call it a day? :shrug:

Because of drainage and insulation needs. :shrug:

I'm done jt, your argument has not been supported by anyone. Steve even said that he has confirmed an observation deck or restaurant are not coming up there (which I linked you too and you completely ignored). On top of that, the resident engineers on the board have said that it looks like a roof going up, nothing else.

Enjoy your fantasy world where Spiderman is serving you deserts on top of a bathroom in Scifi City during Wishes. :rolleyes:

SirGoofy

Too technical? Any idiot can see that Marvel characters are not science fiction.

Say what...?

No honestly, this is honestly one of the dumbest things I've ever seen written on the site. Bruce Banner gains his powers through a scientific process, same with Spider-Man. Tony Stark designs a futuristic suit of armor. The X-Men are an advancement in evolution. Venom is an alien symbiote.

:brick:

EPCOTPluto

I'm done jt, your argument has not been supported by anyone. Steve even said that he has confirmed an observation deck or restaurant are not coming up there (which I linked you too and you completely ignored). On top of that, the resident engineers on the board have said that it looks like a roof going up, nothing else.
Hopefully, it's a sleek & retro-TL roof worthy of artsy photos to coincide with SM. :lookaroun

Thrill Seeker

Say what...?

No honestly, this is honestly one of the dumbest things I've ever seen written on the site. Bruce Banner gains his powers through a scientific process, same with Spider-Man. Tony Stark designs a futuristic suit of armor. The X-Men are an advancement in evolution. Venom is an alien symbiote.

I think this is a stupid debate, but yes, I think Marvel could fit in Tomorrowland. With that being said, I think they should get their own area in a new park or DHS and NOT be incorporated into Tomorrowland.

Marvel is VERY sci-fi. Those who think otherwise obviously don't actually pay much attention to Marvel properties.

jt04

Because of drainage and insulation needs. :shrug:

Enjoy your fantasy world where Spiderman is serving you deserts on top of a bathroom in Scifi City during Wishes. :rolleyes:

Actually it would be catwoman but that is a story for another time.:lookaroun

SirGoofy

I think this is a stupid debate, but yes, I think Marvel could fit in Tomorrowland. With that being said, I think they should get their own area in a new park or DHS and NOT be incorporated into Tomorrowland.

Oh, I've commented on that enough. My post had nothing to do with that.

Marvel is VERY sci-fi. Those who think otherwise obviously don't actually pay much attention to Marvel properties.

That's what I was getting at.

Wilt Dasney

Say what...?

But...they wear colorful costumes and live in real cities. Are you implying that sci-fi isn't always about robots, aliens and spaceships? :veryconfu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom