TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Scar

I had to.

213otie.jpg

The Conundrum

But...they wear colorful costumes and live in real cities. Are you implying that sci-fi isn't always about robots, aliens and spaceships? :veryconfu

Um there are robots, aliens, and spaceships in the Marvel Universe. I think people who have never read comics before shouldn't really be jumping into this conversation especially if they wish WDW would get frozen in a 90s time capsule never to be changed.

tirian

I waited until I actually rode the People Mover to state an opinion.

The new narration reminds me of the one they had when I was a kid. It doesn't match the 1994 TL, but that doesn't exist anymore, so why does it matter?

The voice is a bit too chipper, but it feels like old-school WDW to me, so I won't complain. :D

SirGoofy

The new narration reminds me of the one they had when I was a kid. It doesn't match the 1994 TL, but that doesn't exist anymore, so why does it matter?

The voice is a bit too chipper, but it feels like old-school WDW to me, so I won't complain. :D

Sounds good. I can't wait to ride.

The Conundrum

OMGZZZZZZ!!! You and jt are ridiculous. I can't even stand reading this crap any more. We need to throw both of you in a room so you guys can discuss your crazy plans for WDW/crazy theories on what they are doing. It is just ridiculous some of the things you two post. I mean seriously, just because it mentions the term "Peoplemover" in the ride it is all of a sudden changing the name to peoplemover? and then jt is convinced they are building something on top of the skyway restrooms when they are JUST RESTROOMS among all of his other theories. ugh.....i'm done now.

/rant

OMGZZZZZZ!!! Why don't you calm down and actually read and understand? Not only does the new narration refer to the attraction as peoplemover but the new narration is a new version of the WEDWAY Peoplemover Orac-1 narration as well as being similar to every single peoplmover narration that ever was except for the TTA version obviously.

Here are the facts, There are people in WDI who feel that "future that never was concept" has had a nice run but its now for something new which is a return to Tomorrowland that is actually about REAL future and REAL tomorrow with a hint of nostalgia thrown in for flavor. This is happening at both Disneyland and WDW.

Do your homework like I did and see how Disneyland has been transforming since 2005 from the victorian "fantasy" future overlay of 1998 back to a more realisitic look at technology and tomorrow. Same thing is finally happening here. Look at the facts:

-Space Mountain is under major refurbishment
-Peoplemover has recieved a new narration and soundtrack more in line with what existed pre-1994 as well as new lighting
-Skyway has been demolished
-Galaxy Plaza Theather has been demolished
-Arcade is getting repainted in silver/white colors
-A lamp post was added with a look different from the 1994 theme

Gee whiz something must be up in TL I wonder what it could be!

This is a return to form for Tomorrowland. Imagineering no longer wants it to just be "Fantasyland East"

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I remeMber reading something about a senior Imagineer commenting that either Tomorrowland or Future World becoming irrelevant, I don't remember which. Possibly WDI is subtely making Tomorrowland an Island of Misfit toys of sorts as it becomes a hodgepodge of concepts that wouldn't fit anywhere else.

I thought that's what DHS was for

_Scar

[youtube]-tpI8m8MKQc[/youtube]

[youtube]PgWt9WuWrEM[/youtube]

I wouldn't go old school WDW, but I can see what you're saying. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom