TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

panther726

My guess is these are largely "placeholders" while they decide on a longer range plan. And by "they" I mean WDI on the west coast.

My vote is for Sci Fi City with Marvel stuff added, along with Buzz, Wall-E, Incredibles and similar stuff.

You think they would add Marvel? How does Marvel and Incredibles fit in with the future? I am a huge fan of the Incredibles but in TL?

Buzz has his own attraction. Wall-E is the only logical fit in my opinon. (unfortunately)

hpyhnt 1000

The Conundrum said:
Way off. The 1994 version was the sci fi city concept. Disney will now be moving back to an actual FUTURE version of Tomorrowland. When you see what they have done to Space Mountain and the planned COP refurb you will see more of what I am talking about. The return of the Peoplemover concept in favor of the TTA (which was sci-fi) is just the first step in a better Tomorrow.

If this is the case, then we need to rename the TTA to something along the lines of the Tomorrowland PeopleMover. Right now, the attraction name implies a futuristic public transit system in the city of Tomorrowland; this new narration does nothing to enhance or even touch upon that theme. If the city theme of TL disappears, then so should the transit theme.

Let me state that if the name of the attraction were changed, I would have no problem with it. This narration works well for the PeopleMover idea; I do have a problem with it being for the Tomorrowland Transit Authority theme.

jt04

Are you trying to ruin tomorrowland? :lol:

Only at WDW which has a real "Tomorrowland" in Epcot. I don't hate the idea of a retro future T-Land, I'd just prefer a SciFiCity land. See below.

You think they would add Marvel? How does Marvel and Incredibles fit in with the future? I am a huge fan of the Incredibles but in TL?

Buzz has his own attraction. Wall-E is the only logical fit in my opinon. (unfortunately)

It wouldn't make sense unless they renamed the land and themed it to science fiction. See above.

PS- yes I realize there are some folks here that will spend hours reading this post. :drevil:

:lookaroun:lol:

The Conundrum

If this is the case, then we need to rename the TTA to something along the lines of the Tomorrowland PeopleMover. Right now, the attraction name implies a futuristic public transit system in the city of Tomorrowland; this new narration does nothing to enhance or even touch upon that theme. If the city theme of TL disappears, then so should the transit theme.

Let me state that if the name of the attraction were changed, I would have no problem with it. This narration works well for the PeopleMover idea; I do have a problem with it being for the Tomorrowland Transit Authority theme.

The ride is refered to as Peoplemover several times in the narration and while I can't say for sure, i'm fairly confident the TTA will be renamed Peoplemover. TTA was always a terrible name I remember in 1995 when I entered the park adn looked at the I freaked out because the peoplemover wasn't listed I assumed they closed it. But then I asked a CM and they were like its "Tomorrowland Transit Authority" now. I cringed at the realization that Disney was no longer a high concept company but rather one that would name attractions after bus stations.

Next Big Thing

The ride is refered to as Peoplemover several times in the narration and while I can't say for sure, i'm fairly confident the TTA will be renamed Peoplemover. TTA was always a terrible name I remember in 1995 when I entered the park adn looked at the I freaked out because the peoplemover wasn't listed I assumed they closed it. But then I asked a CM and they were like its "Tomorrowland Transit Authority" now. I cringed at the realization that Disney was no longer a high concept company but rather one that would name attractions after bus stations.
OMGZZZZZZ!!! You and jt are ridiculous. I can't even stand reading this crap any more. We need to throw both of you in a room so you guys can discuss your crazy plans for WDW/crazy theories on what they are doing. It is just ridiculous some of the things you two post. I mean seriously, just because it mentions the term "Peoplemover" in the ride it is all of a sudden changing the name to peoplemover? and then jt is convinced they are building something on top of the skyway restrooms when they are JUST RESTROOMS among all of his other theories. ugh.....i'm done now.

/rant

panther726

Only at WDW which has a real "Tomorrowland" in Epcot. I don't hate the idea of a retro future T-Land, I'd just prefer a SciFiCity land. See below.

It wouldn't make sense unless they renamed the land and themed it to science fiction. See above.

PS- yes I realize there are some folks here that will spend hours reading this post. :drevil:

:lookaroun:lol:

:ROFLOL:
If they do rename it, then I see that it fits. But I truly believe that will never happen.

imagineer boy

Technically, to refer to the future as "tomorrow" is a rather retro term therfor giving it a timeless feel. Besides, you can convey that the land is science fiction purely by the look of the land which is what the 94 referb did successfully.

But the incredibles and Marvel characters aren't science fiction. :shrug: It falls into the super heros/comic books genre. Not science fiction at all.

jt04

:ROFLOL:
If they do rename it, then I see that it fits. But I truly believe that will never happen.

I don't believe it will happen either. I'm just saying I'd like to see Scificity happen. I know they are not that daring anymore. So they will probably return to calling the TTA a "peoplemover". At least TTA had a bit of creativity to it. "Peoplemover" is just :snore: IMO.

imagineer boy

OMGZZZZZZ!!! You and jt are ridiculous. I can't even stand reading this crap any more. We need to throw both of you in a room so you guys can discuss your crazy plans for WDW/crazy theories on what they are doing. It is just ridiculous some of the things you two post. I mean seriously, just because it mentions the term "Peoplemover" in the ride it is all of a sudden changing the name to peoplemover? and then jt is convinced they are building something on top of the skyway restrooms when they are JUST RESTROOMS among all of his other theories. ugh.....i'm done now.

/rant

I think you said what a lot of people on here have been wanting to say. :lol:

magicmaya

/rant

JT was fine until that other person came and It all went down hill from there...:lookaroun

panther726

/rant

I think you said what a lot of people on here have been wanting to say. :lol:
But you all will keep coming back...

Seriously though, they probably play along with it now, because many people pay attention to them and get all fired up.

It really is comical.

jt04

Technically, to refer to the future as "tomorrow" is a rather retro term therfor giving it a timeless feel. Besides, you can convey that the land is science fiction purely by the look of the land which is what the 94 referb did successfully.

But the incredibles and Marvel characters aren't science fiction. :shrug: It falls into the super heros/comic books genre. Not science fiction at all.

I think that is being a bit too technical. Most guests would see Hulk or Spiderman as science fantasy and basically a subset of science fiction. It would work for all except the most extreme comic book fanboy.

krankenstein

/rant

approved.gif

jt04

/rant

It's all in fun.....mostly.

PS--They are building something on top of the skyway :zipit:

krankenstein

It's all in fun.....mostly.

PS--They are building something on top of the skyway :zipit:

Nope, they tore the Skyway building down. Nothing can be built on top of it since it no longer exists.

However, they are now building a roof on top of the restroom facility that remains. :shrug:

_Scar

To change the subject, I never knew it went so slow in Space Mountain... any reason why? Is this the "star tunnel"?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
lolz

Anyway, here's my take.

Sci-fi city, yes, currently Tomorrowland has a 50's vision of the future sci-fi area, but this is much different than, say the TDL idea of a Sci-Fi city which looked much different and some could argue more futuristic (though it seemed to be a mixture of retro and future styles IMO)

It was a lot easier back when Disneyland was built and changed, because there weren't so many varying ideas of what the future could be. Then there was a major shift away from the utopian visions from the end of the world wars and continuing progress, to the dystopia, endless conflicts and overuse of our resources.

Disney went into the latter with Alien Encounter a bit, but overall, the rest of TL '94 was positive. Now it's just lost not really positive or negative, not really futuristic or technological. Maybe there will be some help if they start by removing Stitch and place a forward-thinking attraction again.

I still think they could take cues from Meet the Robinsons, but it seems to be a forgotten movie by Disney

panther726

To change the subject, I never knew it went so slow in Space Mountain... any reason why? Is this the "star tunnel"?

I did notice that. I've always remembered it as going really fast through there. I guess it's because it's usually dark.:shrug:

jt04

Nope, they tore the Skyway building down. Nothing can be built on top of it since it no longer exists.

However, they are now building a roof on top of the restroom facility that remains. :shrug:

It already had a roof. That is what they are setting all that building material on. :brick:

Now perhaps they are adding a second roof for insulation purposes, or perhaps it's something else. The point is, it's fun to guess. I don't see the harm.:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom