TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPCOT Explorer

Isn't the TTA's themeatic purpose to tour TLand? I guess not. Judging by your posts, the main themeatic purpose is to offer a very robotic spiel.

ROFL. Are you just going to keep quoting everyone that agrees with you and say "Exactly" and then say I'm wrong over and over again? It gets old. :lol: I don't need to read those books. To me, I work with common sense. The ride is very Disney. Hell it even has characters featured in the spiel. It's Disney, at least to me. We get you don't like it and don't think it's Disney. Oh well, like you're ever going to admit I have a reasonable theory. :rolleyes::hammer:
Thematic purpose is to match the theme!:brick::rolleyes: Sure, it's ROLE is a tour, but it needs to be thematically sound.

Fine. Deny yourself a little bit of knowledge. DON'T pick up a book. Enjoy your ignorance. I would be a bit more receptive to your "theory" if you at least appeared to give a hoot about how you appear to others.

That's not having a discussion, when you block out every other viewpoint and pigheadedly blaze your opinion deeper into the realm of being a extremist.

Your loss.

ROFLOL!:ROFLOL:

Iceviper123

No matter what, you will pass and notice Space Mountain if you are walking through TLand. It's not the center, but it is clearly visible from it. I hope I'm not the only one to think Space is the center of attention in TLand. I soooo hope not.

Your right Space Mountain is the anchor of Tomorrowland but the rest of the land shouldn't be ignored of a strong story.

EVERYTHING within the walls of any Disney park has a thematic purpose.
That was Walt's revolutionizing idea was for it to be a show experience, the reason why the workers and staff are called "cast members".

EVERYTHING within the walls of any Disney park has a thematic purpose.
That was Walt's revolutionizing idea was for it to be a show experience, the reason why the workers and staff are called "cast members".

That my friends in essence is what makes a ride not just a ride but a "DISNEY" ride.
Very Well Put:sohappy:

Disneyson 1

Isn't the TTA's themeatic purpose to tour TLand? I guess not. Judging by your posts, the main themeatic purpose is to offer a very robotic spiel. ROFL. Are you just going to keep quoting everyone that agrees with you and say "Exactly" and then say I'm wrong over and over again? It gets old. :lol: I don't need to read those books. To me, I work with common sense. The ride is very Disney. Hell it even has characters featured in the spiel. It's Disney, at least to me. We get you don't like it and don't think it's Disney. Oh well, like you're ever going to admit I have a reasonable theory. :rolleyes::hammer:

No, your ideas are VERY reasonable. The trouble is, there's a difference between the theme of TL and being "Disney".

The story of TTA (perceived from the old narration and thematic elements) is that you would be taking a "Transit" system around Tomorrowland on the "Blue Line". One could perceive that there are other "lines" (similar to subway lines), like the Red Line (a line to other interplanetary destinations in the galaxy) or Green Line ( to the "hover-burbs"), that interconnect to other parts of Tomorrowland besides this downtown district. We're supposed to believe that real citizens of Tomorrowland, be them alien or humanoid, monster or otherwise takes this system to get to wherever they need to get to in the bustling city of Tomorrow. This theme is reinforced by the old "Please keep your hands, legs, and tentacles" spiel. Soon, we're whisked off on a tour of Downtown that goes through not only the rides, but also fictitious places such as the Interplanetary Hair Salon and things like that, still visible on the tour. A booming robot voice announces each new destination, as if you could actually get off at a diorama window and get your hair cut by robots or something. There are also traffic and weather reports (of course a necessity when you're a busy interplanetary traveler!) and other interruptions. The tour ends, but you never really get a good description of Tomorrowland that exists, just a visual representation. You get a better view of the fictitious Tomorrowland that exists in utopian fantasy.

The new ride begins with the reference to the "Blue Line", but abandons the idea of travel there. You enter the ride with a new purpose, as a tourist visiting Tomorrowland for the first time, as many riders actually are. In this incarnation, you get more tangible and usable information through a more generic voice, but the delivery of the lines feel like a vacation video. It provides great insight on what's inside of each show building and why Space Mountain's closed. You also realize what that big spinning building is; turns out it's an animatronic show! You come off the ride feeling enlightened as a first-time visitor, but the rich storytelling of the old ride is missed.

Why can't there be a happy medium? I've already explained this in other posts, so you can see THIS in post #874 #858.

EPCOT Explorer

No, your ideas are VERY reasonable. The trouble is, there's a difference between the theme of TL and being "Disney".

The story of TTA (perceived from the old narration and thematic elements) is that you would be taking a "Transit" system around Tomorrowland on the "Blue Line". One could perceive that there are other "lines" (similar to subway lines), like the Red Line (a line to other interplanetary destinations in the galaxy) or Green Line ( to the "hover-burbs"), that interconnect to other parts of Tomorrowland besides this downtown district. We're supposed to believe that real citizens of Tomorrowland, be them alien or humanoid, monster or otherwise takes this system to get to wherever they need to get to in the bustling city of Tomorrow. This theme is reinforced by the old "Please keep your hands, legs, and tentacles" spiel. Soon, we're whisked off on a tour of Downtown that goes through not only the rides, but also fictitious places such as the Interplanetary Hair Salon and things like that, still visible on the tour. A booming robot voice announces each new destination, as if you could actually get off at a diorama window and get your hair cut by robots or something. There are also traffic and weather reports (of course a necessity when you're a busy interplanetary traveler!) and other interruptions. The tour ends, but you never really get a good description of Tomorrowland that exists, just a visual representation. You get a better view of the fictitious Tomorrowland that exists in utopian fantasy.

The new ride begins with the reference to the "Blue Line", but abandons the idea of travel there. You enter the ride with a new purpose, as a tourist visiting Tomorrowland for the first time, as many riders actually are. In this incarnation, you get more tangible and usable information through a more generic voice, but the delivery of the lines feel like a vacation video. It provides great insight on what's inside of each show building and why Space Mountain's closed. You also realize what that big spinning building is; turns out it's an animatronic show! You come off the ride feeling enlightened as a first-time visitor, but the rich storytelling of the old ride is missed.

Why can't there be a happy medium?

I wish there was. What they could ahve dine was kept the old story, but made it more informative.

Seeing that this is such a change in the direction of that storytelling, I'm thinking the entire land will change to reflect with this.

Well, that should do it for me....Have a good weekend, everyone! I have MissionSpaceLand to explore.:D:wave:

_Scar

Thematic purpose is to match the theme!:brick::rolleyes: Sure, it's ROLE is a tour, but it needs to be thematically sound.

Fine. Deny yourself a little bit of knowledge. DON'T pick up a book. Enjoy your ignorance. I would be a bit more receptive to your "theory" if you at least appeared to give a hoot about how you appear to others.

That's not having a discussion, when you block out every other viewpoint and pigheadedly blaze your opinion deeper into the realm of being a extremist.

Your loss.

ROFLOL!:ROFLOL:

Let's just agree to disagree. I've taken in every viewpoint and I have my opinion. I'm not going to pick up 2 books to read because of a changed narration. Balancing school work is hard enough. I go on WDWMagic to share my opinion and have discussions, not to be lectured. My opinion because I haven't read a book on WDI should be no different then others who have. The tour, to me, is themeatically sound. Here's another thory, I'm guessing you must of not liked the TTA before this. I can't imagine you being so beligerent over this subject just because of the spiel. I didn't have to read a book to come up with that one either. :animwink: Pigheading opinions work both ways my friend. If I'm doing it, you can bet you are too. So is everyone else here. And I'm very happy with being an "extremist". :lol: You're taking this way, WAY, WAY too seriously. Might be time to stop at 37 thousand posts and take a breather.

_Scar

Said the person who posts an average of over 20 times a day...

LOL someone doesn't get sarcasm.... your point? 140 posts per week. 4 weeks in a month is 560 posts. 560 times 12 is roughly 6000 posts. If I keep up this rate I have 6 years to go... which won't happen.

Math skills FTW. :sohappy:

EE is a true Disney die-hard fan, and I still respect him and his opinions. Anyone who has that many posts here gets my respect.

Oddysey

I am typically one for progress, and stayed away from this thread in order to keep my opinion unbiased when I heard the new narration in person. I rode the TTA last night and I have to see it is certainly a step back.

The former narration aloud the TTA to stand alone as its owned themed attraction on a public transpertation system that seemed much larger than it was. Now it is a tour with incredibly cheesy narration pointing out each attraction near by. Example: "Put the peddle to the metal and race towards the finish line on the Tommorow Land Speedway". Imagine that line in a very annoying over excited voice.

BTW... is that the narrator from Living with the Land at Epcot. Sounds exactly the same.

There is even a portion of the narration when approaching the CoP where the tour guide tells us to visit CoP and enjoy watching 4 different families as they go through the 20th century. Is it just me or was the CoP developed with the intention of watching 1 family go through the 20th century. At least that is how Walt intended it, and I cant believe they would make such a ridiculous mistake. Do quality control cast members even listen to the audio before it is released???

As said above, I typically dont mind changes and invite progress, but this is not progress and has destroyed the immersive theming of the TTA.

trr1

I am typically one for progress, and stayed away from this thread in order to keep my opinion unbiased when I heard the new narration in person. I rode the TTA last night and I have to see it is certainly a step back.

The former narration aloud the TTA to stand alone as its owned themed attraction on a public transpertation system that seemed much larger than it was. Now it is a tour with incredibly cheesy narration pointing out each attraction near by. Example: "Put the peddle to the metal and race towards the finish line on the Tommorow Land Speedway". Imagine that line in a very annoying over excited voice.

BTW... is that the narrator from Living with the Land at Epcot. Sounds exactly the same.

There is even a portion of the narration when approaching the CoP where the tour guide tells us to visit CoP and enjoy watching 4 different families as they go through the 20th century. Is it just me or was the CoP developed with the intention of watching 1 family go through the 20th century. At least that is how Walt intended it, and I cant believe they would make such a ridiculous mistake. Do quality control cast members even listen to the audio before it is released???

As said above, I typically dont mind changes and invite progress, but this is not progress and has destroyed the immersive theming of the TTA.
this is my take on this
it could be that the son at the beginning becomes the father in the next scene and so on thats how it could be one family and 4 at the same time

Oddysey

this is my take on this
it could be that the son at the beginning becomes the father in the next scene and so on thats how it could be one family and 4 at the same time

Maybe...but doesn't that theory mess up the last scene since grandpa is obviously not father from the scene prior to that and father is still the same father. Furthermore, doesn't the name of his family members always stay the same? (His daughter Trisha for example).:shrug:

knnyrobb

I heard it a couple of days ago and really did not care for it at all. The lady working there said there had been several complaints

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
It was sarcasm. Stop trolling.

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Mr.EPCOT

I'd said the same thing... somewhere, I don't remember if it was this thread or not. I'd mentioned he also sounds like the guy in the SkyTower at SeaWorld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom