TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirGoofy

Exactly.
The problem is with animated classics is that they earn that title and not forced like a lot of Pixar properties.
Pixar isn't old enough to have a "timeless" appeal yet.
I love Pixar and there fantastic movies, but when you put them in a park ESPECIALLY Tomorrowland, those properties are current and not timeless, like the rest of the surrounding area. :shrug:

Sorry, but this is completely ridiculous.

So when Disneyland opened, you would have said the same thing with almost all of Fantasyland? Because the movies used there were not that old at the time either.

EPCOT Explorer

So when Disneyland opened, you would have said the same thing with almost all of Fantasyland? Because the movies used there were not that old at the time either.
I agree with you, but to play Devil's Advocate....

This ain't PixarLand...:lookaroun
Please, PLEASE read the whole thread before you post. You too Tom Morrow. :hammer:

This thread is such a joke.... :lol:

I think they have.:rolleyes:

If it's such a joke, you could just stop posting.:wave:

SirGoofy

I agree with you, but to play Devil's Advocate....

This ain't PixarLand...:lookaroun

:rolleyes:

The ONLY reason people are upset with the rides is that they aren't quality, but they mask it by yelling about it being cartoons. I don't like MILF, and Buzz would be great if they updated it, but if a ride is quality, and a loose fit, I'm fine with it.

Iceviper123

No,the those film properties ages with the area and much are in spirit with everything in the area besides most of them were inspired and not directly adapted.
There are tasteful ways in adapting something. Like how Paris and Tokyo adapted Jules Verne's works or the Pirates of the Caribbean concept for Hong Kong
in contrast with having a area with a melting pot of properties that have no correlation with each other.

SirGoofy

No,the those film properties ages with the area and much are in spirit with everything in the area.
There are tasteful ways in adapting something. Like how Paris and Tokyo adapted Jules Verne's works or the Pirates of the Caribbean concept for Hong Kong
in contrast with having a area with a melting pot of properties that have no correlation with each other.

I disagree again. Monsters, Stitch, and Buzz do fit in Tomorrowland. Some of the ties are loose, but they do fit.

EPCOT Explorer

The ONLY reason people are upset with the rides is that they aren't quality, but they mask it by yelling about it being cartoons. I don't like MILF, and Buzz would be great if they updated it, but if a ride is quality, and a loose fit, I'm fine with it.
Like I said, I agree.:shrug::lol:

Iceviper123

I disagree again. Monsters, Stitch, and Buzz do fit in Tomorrowland. Some of the ties are loose, but they do fit.
I agree but for a more graceful fit they should consider on big picture and how to make graceful approach and make the additions more cohesive with the entire enviroment.
Also most Tomorrowlands are to look and be the vision of the future that was dreamed but never was.
Then you have Buzz shooting zerg and stitch going haywire.

When buzz opened it was great!, has gotten much TLC lately though

_Scar

I think they have.:rolleyes:

If it's such a joke, you could just stop posting.:wave:

No, no they have not. Or they would of known people were calling TTA the most important part of TLand. Sorta like saying Aladdin's Magic Carpets is really te heartbeat of Adventureland. :ROFLOL:

This thread may be a joke, but the joke isn't on me. I'm laughin.

No, no they have not. Or they would of known people were calling TTA the most important part of TLand. Sorta like saying Aladdin's Magic Carpets is really te heartbeat of Adventureland. :ROFLOL:

WOW, I think you missing the point entirely.

Iceviper123

Yes but the TTA did have the little details that aren't really there anymore.
Like the Tom Morrow gag, heck they even mention him in the Star Tours queue.

EPCOT Explorer

And....It is. PART OF IT, at least...You didn't read anything of what we posted, did you? How it tied the land together? Now it made it cohesive?:shrug:

Tom Morrow

Please, PLEASE read the whole thread before you post. You too Tom Morrow. :hammer:
Ok, then show me where somebody specifically said that TTA is the most popular attraction in Tomorrowland and more important to guests than Space Mountain?

Disneyson 1

So have we all agreed that by taking out the old robotic voice and some old jokes they decreased ride appeal immensely? Yes, but everyone should admit that the idea of the new narration is still good, giving a REAL tour of TL (not just 2 bad jokes and announcements of places) and helping TL become populated with SM out of the picture.

Still, the best compromise would be a ride with the theming elements of the old TTA and parts of the new descriptive script, actually acting as a GUIDE through Tomorrowland and not a few loosely themed space-and-alien jokes. A classic and futuristic voice would be appreciated too, plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom