TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Scar

So have we all agreed that by taking out the old robotic voice and some old jokes they decreased ride appeal immensely? Yes, but everyone should admit that the idea of the new narration is still good, giving a REAL tour of TL (not just 2 bad jokes and announcements of places) and helping TL become populated with SM out of the picture.

Still, the best compromise would be a ride with the theming elements of the old TTA and parts of the new descriptive script, actually acting as a GUIDE through Tomorrowland and not a few loosely themed space-and-alien jokes. A classic and futuristic voice would be appreciated too, plz.

No. I still look at TTA as the same ride through TLand. Please don't speak for me.

_Scar

tta and its audio have, by far, the biggest impact on tomorrowland's theming and sci-fi atmosphere. Visually, because everywhere you look, you see tta moving. Audibly, because the audio can be heard almost everywhere. This is why what you guys argue is just a simple narration on a so-called unimportant ride is so important!

Sorry but, he's right. The TTA and it's audio DOES have the biggest impact on Tomorrowland.

Found it.

Let's simplifly the Transit. You get on a glorified PeopleMover through TLand. Simple. Basic. Nothing flashy. Not a game changer. Just a nice relaxing ride through TLand. Now add the spiel we hear on the TTA. This tells you where you are. Not a robot voice, but a regular voice you hear probably for a total time of 2 minutes all together on a roughly ten minute ride. Just becase the narrator doesn't sound like something from a 1960's show about what the world would be like in the year 2000 does that mean it isn't futuristic? Was it ever even supposed to be futuristic or just to poke fun at obscure references? The main parts people remember are the approaching warnings and Tom Morrow, but that's all. Here's my simple theory, Disney wanted to go back to the PeopleMovers roots and put a speil that wasn't over the top futuristic and explained clearly and had characters for younger guests. Simple. -simple should be a keyword in this particular posting- The ride was not designed to be ve the top, and it never was. It always fit that TLand feel, and it didn't need an exaggerated voice to do that.

juan

Found it.

Let's simplifly the Transit. You get on a glorified PeopleMover through TLand. Simple. Basic. Nothing flashy. Not a game changer. Just a nice relaxing ride through TLand. Now add the spiel we hear on the TTA. This tells you where you are. Not a robot voice, but a regular voice you hear probably for a total time of 2 minutes all together on a roughly ten minute ride. Just becase the narrator doesn't sound like something from a 1960's show about what the world would be like in the year 2000 does that mean it isn't futuristic? Was it ever even supposed to be futuristic or just to poke fun at obscure references? The main parts people remember are the approaching warnings and Tom Morrow, but that's all. Here's my simple theory, Disney wanted to go back to the PeopleMovers roots and put a speil that wasn't over the top futuristic and explained clearly and had characters for younger guests. Simple. -simple should be a keyword in this particular posting- The ride was not designed to be ve the top, and it never was. It always fit that TLand feel, and it didn't need an exaggerated voice to do that.

Well put! :sohappy:

_Scar

Um? That still does not say its the most important attraction in Tomorrowland. You are either trolling or completely clueless on many levels.

tta and its audio have, by far, the biggest impact on tomorrowland's theming and sci-fi atmosphere. Visually, because everywhere you look, you see tta moving. Audibly, because the audio can be heard almost everywhere. This is why what you guys argue is just a simple narration on a so-called unimportant ride is so important!

I suppose the most important attraction isn't the biggest impact? :lol:

ROFL... & I'm the troll?! :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Whole reason, right there!
Yep! For something so small, it worked so well.
They do - just - but I can think of better places for them. And better things to replace them.
DHS/AE and Timekeeper. Done? :lol:
As can I. I think MILF and SGE suck, to be honest. But that's my problem with them. They suck, not that they "don't fit".:lol:
MILF, yes. SGE? I like it. Wish it was original, but I like it. Went on it for the first time in Aug, thought it was fun. I laughed all the way through it.:shrug:
So have we all agreed that by taking out the old robotic voice and some old jokes they decreased ride appeal immensely? Yes, but everyone should admit that the idea of the new narration is still good, giving a REAL tour of TL (not just 2 bad jokes and announcements of places) and helping TL become populated with SM out of the picture.

Still, the best compromise would be a ride with the theming elements of the old TTA and parts of the new descriptive script, actually acting as a GUIDE through Tomorrowland and not a few loosely themed space-and-alien jokes. A classic and futuristic voice would be appreciated too, plz.
Yes, exactly.
Found it.

For the millionth time...It's not about THAT per say, it's making the narrator fit what the lands theme is.:brick:
Um? That still does not say its the most important attraction in Tomorrowland. You are either trolling or completely clueless on many levels.
I could see that.

Tom Morrow

Biggest impact on the atmosphere of the land, something which has been said over and over now. That does NOT equal being the most important attraction. I'm sorry you can't grasp this very basic idea.

MILF, yes. SGE? I like it. Wish it was original, but I like it. Went on it for the first time in Aug, thought it was fun. I laughed all the way through it.:shrug:

I actually like it too. Many people put it done because it replaced AE, which in my opinion was a great ride as well. SGE is good though, not amazing but its good. Stitch happens to be a favorite of mine so maybe im a little biased, but the attraction dose not do him justice.

_Scar

For the millionth time...It's not about THAT per say, it's making the narrator fit what the lands theme is.:brick:

The narrator style is like the original attraction... just because it's not a robotic over the top voice doesn't mean it doesn't fit the land's theme. I don't think it's supposed to fit any theme at all. It's short, sweet, and simple. :shrug: I don't see how I haven't been implying that all along.

Biggest impact on the atmosphere of the land, something which has been said about 10 times now. I'm sorry you can't grasp this very basic idea.

You also said themeing. So if it's also all around you everywhere you look, is the most important themeing, and the most important impact on the atmosphere.... that makes it not the most important? I see how you can think that and I respect your opinion, but I just can't see if you think it carries all those traits why it shouldn't be the most important thing in TLand. :shrug:

Tom Morrow

But I never said it was the most important thing in Tomorrowland. I know Space Mountain is, but being a big white cone that is seperated from the park, and, if walking into Tomorrowland from the Hub, is the last attraction you see, it doesn't do much for Tomorrowland's atmosphere and theming.

SirGoofy

It's one of the few attractions that every one I've ever gone to Disney with has universally hated.

You wanna talk about a bad script? SGE is the poster child for it.

_Scar

But I never said it was the most important thing in Tomorrowland. I know Space Mountain is, but being a big white cone that is seperated from the park, and, if walking into Tomorrowland from the Hub, is the last attraction you see, it doesn't do much for Tomorrowland's atmosphere and theming.

It's a TLand staple... and it is in the center of TLand. If you are passing by TLand you will see it. It's between CoP and Indy, that's the middle.

Iceviper123

It's a TLand staple... and it is in the center of TLand. If you are passing by TLand you will see it. It's between CoP and Indy, that's the middle.
That's the forced perspective.
It actually sits outside the bordering railroad tracks. ;)

Disneyson 1

The narrator style is like the original attraction... just because it's not a robotic over the top voice doesn't mean it doesn't fit the land's theme. I don't think it's supposed to fit any theme at all. It's short, sweet, and simple. :shrug: I don't see how I haven't been implying that all along. You also said theming. So if it's also all around you everywhere you look, is the most important theming, and the most important impact on the atmosphere.... that makes it not the most important? I see how you can think that and I respect your opinion, but I just can't see if you think it carries all those traits why it shouldn't be the most important thing in TLand. :shrug:

You're very right, the voice is very generic. And also right is that we don't need a booming robotic voice-over for it to fit into Tomorrowland. But many of the poster's gripes is actually that the voice is VERY vacation-planning video and not as "classy", as it used to be.

I feel like if the very same script was kept and, in place of the new male voice, the classier-sounding woman from the Space Mountain announcement was chosen as main narrator, then people here would have many less complaints. But the current narration, it seems, doesn't do justice to the area in which it's in. If anywhere, the voice is ideal for the Monorail or the train, but not in Tomorrowland.

The script thing is a completely different argument. Yes, it's nice and good to have the nuances of the "Tom Morrow" joke (BTW, you can still experience it in Star Tours, I think), the Weather Forecast, or the "Now Approaching" voice, but I can understand the cuts that were made, as now the TOUR does an immensely better job at showcasing the attractions in TL. It would have been nice to keep one or two things, though...

And how quickly everyone forgets about the new lighting!

EPCOT Explorer

Biggest impact on the atmosphere of the land, something which has been said over and over now. That does NOT equal being the most important attraction. I'm sorry you can't grasp this very basic idea.
Exactly.
I actually like it too. Many people put it done because it replaced AE, which in my opinion was a great ride as well. SGE is good though, not amazing but its good. Stitch happens to be a favorite of mine so maybe im a little biased, but the attraction dose not do him justice.
Exactly. Some of the effects are quite good, too. LOVEd the lasers blowing things up.:lol:
The narrator style is like the original attraction... just because it's not a robotic over the top voice doesn't mean it doesn't fit the land's theme. I don't think it's supposed to fit any theme at all. It's short, sweet, and simple. :shrug: I don't see how I haven't been implying that all along.

Y
Seriously...Read "Building a Better Mouse" ...Read a WDI guide....Read something that talks about the DISNEY way.

That one statement alone discredits your entire argument, IMHO.

Everything in Disney has a thematic purpose regardless if it's supposed to be a "small thing."

It's one of the few attractions that every one I've ever gone to Disney with has universally hated.

You wanna talk about a bad script? SGE is the poster child for it.
Your opinion.:shrug:

I liked it, just thought that Stitch is too overused.

_Scar

Seriously...Read "Building a Better Mouse" ...Read a WDI guide....Read something that talks about the DISNEY way.

That one statement alone discredits your entire argument, IMHO.

Everything in Disney has a thematic purpose regardless if it's supposed to be a "small thing."

Isn't the TTA's themeatic purpose to tour TLand? I guess not. Judging by your posts, the main themeatic purpose is to offer a very robotic spiel.

ROFL. Are you just going to keep quoting everyone that agrees with you and say "Exactly" and then say I'm wrong over and over again? It gets old. :lol: I don't need to read those books. To me, I work with common sense. The ride is very Disney. Hell it even has characters featured in the spiel. It's Disney, at least to me. We get you don't like it and don't think it's Disney. Oh well, like you're ever going to admit I have a reasonable theory. :rolleyes::hammer:

_Scar

That's the forced perspective.
It actually sits outside the bordering railroad tracks. ;)

No matter what, you will pass and notice Space Mountain if you are walking through TLand. It's not the center, but it is clearly visible from it. I hope I'm not the only one to think Space is the center of attention in TLand. I soooo hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom