TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenS

Because there are not four families in Carousel of Progress it is the same family over the years. (Just ignore the fact that none of them age between the 1890s and 1940s.):lol:

No one I've gone on that with gets it the first time, they always think it's supposed to be the previous family's descendants or something.

The worst thing you can do is think about it too hard. :lol:

The Conundrum

Because there are not four families in Carousel of Progress it is the same family over the years. (Just ignore the fact that none of them age between the 1890s and 1940s.):lol:

hmm this is an interesting thing. I guess they could be 4 families from 4 different alternative universes and in each universe the same family unit lived in a different time period. It would still be 4 differnet families though.

HMF

hmm this is an interesting thing. I guess they could be 4 families from 4 different alternative universes and in each universe the same family unit lived in a different time period. It would still be 4 differnet families though.
Listen to the original narration' it is the same family not Alternate Universes. The original 64 narration is pretty straight forward.

Wilt Dasney

CoP Dad seems pretty clearly to be the same character throughout — the ageless tour guide who keeps catching us up on the "latest" technology. I agree it's best not to spend too much time thinking about it, though. :lol:

BenS

Maybe the entire family are vampires, eternally frozen in time between life and death.

It would help them market the ride at least, just look at Twilight.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is funny. A lot of people thought the New Tomorrowland TTA spiel was awful back in 1994.

I think we should be thankful we still have a Peoplemover. Not the correct attitude I know, but think of DL.

jmmc

OK, I agree that some people are getting TOO upset over the change. Even getting "upset" may be too much. But, it just seems a shame to change something that played into creating a sort of "storyline" for Tomorrowland, or at least made the TTA more of a ride that fit into the land then just a tour of a section of a theme park. To me it just seems like a strange creative decision that makes the ride a little less fun.

And note, that I wouldn't mind if the entire thing was re-written and re-recorded. I just would have preferred the fantasy elements of it to stay.

huntzilla

I would appreciate it if no shots were taken at my knowledge or general history of the parks. I know that the JC USED to be an actual tour. But as times changed it was more appropriate to be a tongue-in-cheek tour. You missed my point.

Anyways SirGoofy, you alluded that the narration is still be worked on? What exactly are they working on? I think it would be absolutely possible to include the "chimes", "Now approaching....", and Tom Morrow bits with this new narration if they are really going to use it. Or did you mean more minute changes?

MousDad

I'm just excited to find out what three attractions are going to replace BLSRS, SGE and TLF by 2011. :ROFLOL:

Jasonflz

I would appreciate it if no shots were taken at my knowledge or general history of the parks. I know that the JC USED to be an actual tour. But as times changed it was more appropriate to be a tongue-in-cheek tour. You missed my point.

Anyways SirGoofy, you alluded that the narration is still be worked on? What exactly are they working on? I think it would be absolutely possible to include the "chimes", "Now approaching....", and Tom Morrow bits with this new narration if they are really going to use it. Or did you mean more minute changes?

I might actually like the new narration more if they mix the narrators. The old one introduces your location and the new one describes it. Also, lose the character voices.

Iceviper123

I believe they have been testing different music pieces.

Someone claimed that they were testing the old spiel .
So who knows what will happen. :shrug:

Iceviper123

I like the lady's voice in Space Mountain. Seems like she'd be an alien in real life. Not a bad alien per say... like if you've ever seen Star Wars Episode 2 on Kamino... the one that Obi Wan initially meets. Ya, her. She sounds like that alien.
K, I'll stop.

I really liked her voice too.
Maybe they will trade places.... :lol:

SirGoofy

There's just a lot of dead space in the narration. I would just wait and see if it's done, because I don't think it is.

WDW Vacationer

There's just a lot of dead space in the narration. I would just wait and see if it's done, because I don't think it is.
In addition to dead space,it is not perfectly timed and the are spots where it fades out before the end.

There will be some tweaking still.:animwink:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Why worry you wont be able to hear it over all the sining guests anyway.

All together now...

Always look on the bright side of life

Jasonflz

:shrug: I don't see what more they could do other than tweak. It seems this narration will be the one we are stuck with.

Exprcoofto

I'm just excited to find out what three attractions are going to replace BLSRS, SGE and TLF by 2011. :ROFLOL:

Ugh, I hate every one of those attractions. BLSRS is extremely outdated compared to other shooting games out there. Buzz isn't the issue, it's the ride itself. What about some kind of trackless system like Pooh in (Tokyo?) and the new HKDL Mansion - with some cool spinning scenes and special effects. I have no idea what they could replace SGE and TLF with. Anywho, it probably will never happen. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom