TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanC

I remember the Jack Wagner narration from when I was little. I loved the "tour" of Tommorowland on the Peoplemover. I was a little sad when it changed to Orac-1, but I got over it. Things change. I never really liked the the last incarnaton because I found the jokes cheesy and the chimes incessantly annoying. Not so much on the ride, but how repetitive they were if you stayed in one place on the ground in Tomorrowland. This new narration makes me happy as its a bit nostalgic but also fresh.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
This is funny. A lot of people thought the New Tomorrowland TTA spiel was awful back in 1994.

I agree, way too funny....and I was one of those that hated the last version when it was introduced. I missed Jack, but heck, I got used to it. Here's to the future....

(I'm almost expecting to see riots in TL after reading most of this thread.)

hpyhnt 1000

I might actually like the new narration more if they mix the narrators. The old one introduces your location and the new one describes it. Also, lose the character voices.

Yep. Another reason why the older narration had more character and life to it than this one: multiple narrators mixed with a seperate announcer.

I really liked her voice too.
Maybe they will trade places.... :lol:

YES! In fact, isn't she the old voice that provided the info about the, "TTA services all of Tomorrowland's outlying areas..." and the, "Paging Mr Morrow" bit? Why can't she narrate? :zipit:

SirGoofy

I agree, way too funny....and I was one of those that hated the last version when it was introduced. I missed Jack, but heck, I got used to it. Here's to the future....

(I'm almost expecting to see riots in TL after reading most of this thread.)

It's funny, before this I have never heard someone say, "The TTA's wonderful story."

wolf359

Thank you to Skyway for posting the original People Mover script. :)

It's good to be able to compare this new narration with the original, and I'm glad to see it uses so much of the 1975 script. But I also like that it continues the Walt Disney references in the descriptions of Progress City and Carousel of Progress. It's also nice to have a consistent voice and a consistent style throughout the entire trip.

The biggest reason I really like this new narration is that it returns to its main purpose; a guided tour of Tomorrowland. Now it gives equal mention to each of the attractions, and that's something Carousel of Progress in particular hasn't had in a very long time.

In contrast, I don't have any nostalgia for the previous narration. It was an incomplete, disjointed mess. The mix and match approach of removing and replacing narration as attractions came and went removed any possibility of a cohesive experience, and I was never particularly excited with the comic book "future city" theme of Tomorrowland '95 so removing those elements suits me just fine. Besides, a couple comments about tentacles and Tom Morrow do not a "theme" make.

I think we're seeing a subtle shift in direction for Tomorrowland, but it's coming in smaller and more gradual changes instead of a major overhaul like 1995.

Iceviper123

YES! In fact, isn't she the old voice that provided the info about the, "TTA services all of Tomorrowland's outlying areas..." and the, "Paging Mr Morrow" bit? Why can't she narrate? :zipit:

You are absolutely right.
Bah! Disney call that lady right now, you got some recording to do. :lol:

imagineer boy

Honestly, does anyone ride the TTA for the narration to begin with? I don't know of anyone who did.

I actually sort of did. The narration was one of the sounds I'd hear and go "ahh, now I'm at WDW."

I have one for each of the parks:

MK: TTA
Epcot: The roar of the test track cars
DHS: Star Tours chime
AK: "Simba one, come in Simba one!"

Jasonflz

^ Same for me.

Now, they ruined it by trying to return to the older narration, which I couldn't stand. In fact, I just about despised all of "old Tomorrowland"

"New Tomorrowland" was the best thing Disney could have done.

HinunterZuNich

While I cannot specifically remember riding the attraction when it was the Peoplemover, I'm starting to really like the 'new' audio presentation due to it's similarities. While many of the aspects of TTA were great such as the "Paging Mr. Tom...", after a few years for me it didn't create the same feel and environment anymore while riding TTA. I guess I am in the minority, but turning it back into a 'tour' of Tomorrowland will enable the ride to become more desired by new visitors to the Magic Kingdom.

On a side note, so many threads lately have started off with such useful information and great discussion. Soon after though, these same threads become useless due to the stupid arguments taking place. There is a difference between useful discussion/arguments and petty one's! Come on people, agree to disagree and have a good time! I generally visit once a day and it's a pain :ROFLOL::brick: having to find the informative posts mixed amongst 27 pages of discussion (good!)/constructive arguments (good!)/ bickering (bad!)

krankenstein

^ Same for me.

Now, they ruined it by trying to return to the older narration, which I couldn't stand. In fact, I just about despised all of "old Tomorrowland"

"New Tomorrowland" was the best thing Disney could have done.

Are you really trying to tell us that someone born in 1994 remembers anything about the old Tomorrowland? :lookaroun

brent2124

Are you really trying to tell us that someone born in 1994 remembers anything about the old Tomorrowland? :lookaroun
I was born in 1988, have been atleast 5 times a year every year since and cant remember much at all. Vaguely remember Timekeeper and Dremflight, but couldnt give you any details at all.

_Scar

I actually sort of did. The narration was one of the sounds I'd hear and go "ahh, now I'm at WDW."

I have one for each of the parks:

MK: TTA
Epcot: The roar of the test track cars
DHS: Star Tours chime
AK: "Simba one, come in Simba one!"

lol....

Sometime's you gotta let things go. Time changes all.

krankenstein

I was born in 1988, have been atleast 5 times a year every year since and cant remember much at all. Vaguely remember Timekeeper and Dremflight, but couldnt give you any details at all.

I was born in 1984 and vaguely remember the big white towers and Space Mountain, but that's about it. :shrug:

reptar77

We heard the spiel yesterday, I don't know what I think about it. It is not horrible but I will miss Mr Tom Morrow.

dxwwf3

I was born in 1984 and vaguely remember the big white towers and Space Mountain, but that's about it. :shrug:

I was born in 84 too, but we were around long enough to remember most of the original Tomorrowland. Mission to Mars, American Journeys, ORAC-1's Peoplemover and Now is the Time CoP are all vivid memories for me. I remember riding If You Could Fly, but I don't remember the actual ride. I do remember being at Dreamflight on the first day it opened though.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
In 84 I got posted to Germany, got married and visited Efteling theme park for the first time and thought that was the dogs bits. Disney because of air fares was a trip for the rich or the dying.

Im a junky now but Its attractions like Universal are just attractions its the shared experiences with my family that count, thats why Im not too attached to some of those little things. :shrug: but very concious of the ever increasing costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom