TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conundrum

:hurl::hurl::hurl: Great, the 70's future. And you're telling me not to change everything back. Hypocritical.

Besides, I didn't mean change it back to the exact form. Just lose the demeaning characters. (except for Buzz, the only one they got right)

So toys make sense in tomorrowland but aliens and monsters dont?

I say throw the whole lot out and give us something new! How about a new sequel to Mission to Mars with 21st century tech? How about a Wall-E adventure or something themed to Marvel's space charecters.

TL'94 died with the closures of Timekeeper and Alien Encounter and the removal of Space TV from Space Mountain. Once the staple attractions of the land shut down and the other was altered to remove the theme you should have seen the writing on the wall then and realized the inevitable.

Jasonflz

So toys make sense in tomorrowland but aliens and monsters dont?

I say throw the whole lot out and give us something new! How about a new sequel to Mission to Mars with 21st century tech? How about a Wall-E adventure or something themed to Marvel's space charecters.

TL'94 died with the closures of Timekeeper and Alien Encounter and the removal of Space TV from Space Mountain. Once the staple attractions of the land shut down and the other was altered to remove the theme you should have seen the writing on the wall then and realized the inevitable.

I wouldn't mind the Sci-Fi City concept if done right.

Anyway, at risk of being "nostalgic" I would like to see AE and TK make some return to the land, attraction or not.

The Conundrum

and for all of you unsatisfied with the direction the company is going in then i'll tell you what to do: STOP GOING and vote with your wallets. It's the only way to get disney's attention.

The Conundrum

In Martin's tribute video he mentioned that they originally were planning a ride where the AA's would COME OUT and go into circlevision screens! How about letting that ride finally see the light of day??

Jasonflz

:rolleyes: I get the feeling Disney probably planned for this to wait until after the D23 expo. Imagine a mob of angry Disney fans demanding the return of the old narration.

Smart move.

imagineer boy

and for all of you unsatisfied with the direction the company is going in then i'll tell you what to do: STOP GOING and vote with your wallets. It's the only way to get disney's attention.

Oh yeah, Disney gets very concerned when only a few people stop going when they still get thousands of visitors a year. :rolleyes:

Jasonflz

In Martin's tribute video he mentioned that they originally were planning a ride where the AA's would COME OUT and go into circlevision screens! How about letting that ride finally see the light of day??

:D If it warrants the return of circle-vision and doesn't feature any film characters I will definitely want this in TL.

Next Big Thing

I have a feeling that a lot of the current construction on TL is just a placeholder type stuff being done now for a future big refurb of the land, possibly after FL?

^ You are totally correct. Thats why last year 3 trips were to the World. This year so far 0.

But sadly me not going really doesnt make a whole bit of difference at WDW. I can see it having some effect if I was a Disneyland regular since that park overall is from local residents of SoCal. :shrug:

lazyboy97o

I do not like it. The narrator sounds like he is in a rush and is talking to kindergardeners.

It was a concept in the early 1990's to replace the CoP.
It was to be called Plectu's Intergalactic Revue where the aliens would have landed.:lol:

but instead they went with a angry version being Alien Encounter.:D
Actually, both were planned for Disneyland as part of the same Tomorrowland 2055 project.

The Conundrum

Still?

You mean, after all this time you still can't?

After ALL this time?

roffles :lol:

I hope they redo the Astro Orbitor and change it back to how it was before with the giant saturn rocket in the middle. It would be worth it just to see the meltdown.

These are the same people who were whining when news hit that Captain EO might be coming back.

Skyway

The original WEDway Peoplemover (not TTA) was a relaxing trip around Tomorrowland, allowing you to take in a cool breeze while peacefully sightseeing.

The TTA overlay ruined that peacefulness. For God's sake, the shrill tones that sounded like an alarm clock, the nails-on-chalkboard annoying "now approaching" robot voice, the over-the-top narrator trying too hard to sound dramatic ("the Soooooper skyway")---- it was no longer relaxing. It was grating!

I GUARANTEE you, if these message boards existed in 1994, fans would be OUTRAGED at that "dumbing down" of the Peoplemover, which was stupidly "Wal-Marted" to showcase "cartoony voices" while being "nothing but a commercial" for the other TL attractions.

WDI clearly chose this new voice actor to restore the gentleness of the original attraction.

The only thing better than this new spiel would be no narration at all. Just a quiet, peaceful ride with no interruptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom