TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagineer boy

The original WEDway Peoplemover (not TTA) was a relaxing trip around Tomorrowland, allowing you to take in a cool breeze while peacefully sightseeing.

The TTA overlay ruined that peacefulness. For God's sake, the shrill tones that sounded like an alarm clock, the nails-on-chalkboard annoying "now approaching" robot voice, the over-the-top narrator trying too hard to sound dramatic ("the Soooooper skyway")---- it was no longer relaxing. It was grating!

I GUARANTEE you, if these message boards existed in 1994, fans would be OUTRAGED at that "dumbing down" of the Peoplemover, which was stupidly "Wal-Marted" to showcase "cartoony voices" while being "nothing but a commercial" for the other TL attractions.

WDI clearly chose this new voice actor to restore the gentleness of the original attraction.

The only thing better than this new spiel would be no narration at all. Just a quiet, peaceful ride with no interruptions.

Disagree 100%. Sure the ride is peaceful, but if you make it too peaceful, it becomes boring. The 94 narration made the ride gave the ride atmosphere, story, and made it entertaining and made you feel like you were on a mass transportation system of the future.

imagineer boy

I believe I spent my first encarnation defending Iger's decision to buy Pixar from the complainers who prefered Michael Eisner's MBA pencil pushing leadership team.

That's back when you were "GhostBusters" right?

And I honestly don't remember anyone complaining when Disney bought Pixar. Everyone seemed pretty happy about it. :shrug:

As for me, I was ecstatic! :D

SirGoofy

Disagree 100%. Sure the ride is peaceful, but if you make it too peaceful, it becomes boring. The 94 narration made the ride gave the ride atmosphere, story, and made it entertaining and made you feel like you were on a mass transportation system of the future.

All of which it still does.:wave:

Honestly, does anyone ride the TTA for the narration to begin with? I don't know of anyone who did.

_Scar

Honestly, does anyone ride the TTA for the narration to begin with? I don't know of anyone who did.

Apparently! This change RUINED TLand! It's horrible. Not even SGE or SCC ruined TLand, but this did!

TalkingHead

Ah, yes. The classic "story" of the TTA. So classic it puts Shakespeare to shame. People will be telling and re-telling the classic story of the TTA for years to come.

The Conundrum

The original WEDway Peoplemover (not TTA) was a relaxing trip around Tomorrowland, allowing you to take in a cool breeze while peacefully sightseeing.

The TTA overlay ruined that peacefulness. For God's sake, the shrill tones that sounded like an alarm clock, the nails-on-chalkboard annoying "now approaching" robot voice, the over-the-top narrator trying too hard to sound dramatic ("the Soooooper skyway")---- it was no longer relaxing. It was grating!

I GUARANTEE you, if these message boards existed in 1994, fans would be OUTRAGED at that "dumbing down" of the Peoplemover, which was stupidly "Wal-Marted" to showcase "cartoony voices" while being "nothing but a commercial" for the other TL attractions.

WDI clearly chose this new voice actor to restore the gentleness of the original attraction.

The only thing better than this new spiel would be no narration at all. Just a quiet, peaceful ride with no interruptions.

LMAO i agree with you 100%

I didn't like the TTA narration but it did grow on me after awhile but it had a nice run and now its time for something new.

TalkingHead

My thoughts exactly. Who knew how important the Tom Morrow line was? I didn't realize the success or failure of Tomorrowland depended on those dozen words.

SirGoofy

My thoughts exactly. Who knew how important the Tom Morrow line was? I didn't realize the success or failure of Tomorrowland depended on those dozen words.

I mean it was a nice line, I would have liked it to stay, but to call the new narration "garbage", and to say Tomorrowland and the TTA is ruined because of it is ridiculous.

_Scar

I like the lady's voice in Space Mountain. Seems like she'd be an alien in real life. Not a bad alien per say... like if you've ever seen Star Wars Episode 2 on Kamino... the one that Obi Wan initially meets. Ya, her. She sounds like that alien.
K, I'll stop.

The Conundrum

Apparently! This change RUINED TLand! It's horrible. Not even SGE or SCC ruined TLand, but this did!

If changing the peoplemover narration ruined Tland does that mean the changes to Space Mountain will not only destroy the RUINS of tland but also wipe it out of the space-time continuum forever! :ROFLOL:

urbanvegan

I bet this is all an evil plot by NBC Universal to destroy the Disney Parks brand! They have infiltrated! It's an inside job!

Trust no one.

:lookaroun

The Conundrum

I bet this is all an evil plot by NBC Universal to destroy the Disney Parks brand! They have infiltrated! It's an inside job!

Trust no one.

I heard the "Paging Mr.Morrow" line will be playing exclusively in the wizarding world of harry potter come 2010!

That line didn't even make sense. Shouldn't it have been "Paging Mr.Morrow Mr.Tom Morrow your party from the MOON has arrived".

And why did Mr.Johnson go from being the head of Nasa's space program and the first mission to mars to becoming a...hovercraft trafic reporter??

_Scar

Trust no one.

Okay... here goes...

Tony & John know Jay is working for Universal. Tony & John fire Jay trying to save Bob, but it's really Bob's plan to sway John to Universal. Jay convinces John that the WDI are all bad people with no originality. Finally caught by Cook, Bob tries to fire Cook. When Cook does not go down, Laseter steps in and takes matters into his own hands. Laseter can not go back now. He has fired one of his own. John goes to the NBC Universal side with promise of an ultimate King Kong mega ride that he can lead design. Sadly, this never happens. Bob commences Order 66 to all the cast members to ban the WDI from DLR. Tony and a selected few survive the ban hammer, but go into exile in Tokyo Disneyland and WDW. Everything is now Shrek. The end, or is it?

SPOILER PARTS:

WDI= Jedi counsel
Tony Baxter= Obi Wan
John Lasseter= Anakin
Jay Rasulo= Dooku
Bob Iger= Palpatine
Cook= Mace Windu
JT= Jar Jar

How bout that for a 1500 post? :D

Skyway

Below is the original WEDWay Peoplemover script, narrated by "The Voice of Disney" Jack Wagner.

Keep in mind as you read it, it was performed by a Disney legend. It was created by the same era of Imagineers who wrote scripts for The Haunted Mansion, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and other classic Walt Disney World attractions.

Also keep in mind, it has many identical phrases to the new Peoplemover/TTA script. It is filled with what many are now calling "cheap commercials" for TL attractions. It also references landmarks outside of Tomorrowland (Cindy's castle and King Stephan's Banquet Hall).

So are the WDI legends who created the original script (and the rest of WDW) actually the same type of "uncreative idiots" who just "destroyed" the TTA? Or was it a huge mistake for current WDW management to inject some nostalgia back into the park, and should they be frightened to ever attempt it again?

Here is that original WEDWay Peoplemover script

Jack Wagner: The Edison Electric Institute, for America's investor-owned electric companies, welcomes you aboard the WEDway PeopleMover. On this clean, quiet, electric powered ride of tomorrow, the PeopleMover will be your front row seat for a Grand Circle tour of Tomorrowland. Along the way on your mile-long journey, you'll preview many attractions looking into the future and see some of the ways electric energy serves mankind. Now and tomorrow.

Inside the pavilion we're now approaching is Mission to Mars. Where space travelers explore one of our solar system's most mysterious planets. The rocketship journey leaves every few minutes for outer space. And across the way is another journey. A Grand Circle-Vision tour of "America The Beautiful."

And now sit back in your seat as the PeopleMover presents a preview of the future in the city of tomorrow. Man's goal of a better place to live, work and play. This city is a dream. To make it real, we will need to use our energy resources wisely, not wastefully. Today and tomorrow. And now, sit back in your seat... we rely on you, as much as you rely on us...

And now the PeopleMover presents a panoramic view of Tomorrowland and the Grand Prix Raceway. And just ahead is the towering symbol of the Space Age, the spectacular Space Mountain.

We're now entering one of the new wonders of our World. In a moment, we'll preview the Home of Future Living. And then, Space Mountain's thrilling rocket race through the universe.

The rocket ride through Space Mountain is really out of this world. But you can also see the Home of Future Living inside Space Mountain without taking the rocket ride. Now, as we leave Space Mountain, overhead you can see another form of transportation, the Skyway. Carrying you high above the Grand Prix Raceway and other adventures.

You're riding aboard a brand new concept in electric transportation. The first to use electric linear induction motors. There are no moving parts in these clean, quiet motors. Across the way is the Contemporary Resort. Running right through the hotel is the Walt Disney World Monorail. Another electric powered transit system here in our Vacation Kingdom.

We're now moving past the Carousel Of Progress. Where four warm and humorous families welcome you into their homes of yesterday and today, starting way back at the turn of the century. First presented at the New York World's Fair, this famous theater-in-the-round celebrates how progress through electricity has contributed to better living.

Inside the pavilion we're now entering, you'll travel to vacation ports of call through the magic of "If You Had Wings."

In the distance, you will see Cinderella castle. Those of you who have always wanted an invitation to dine in the castle, will find King Stefan's Banquet Hall inside. Now past the Circle-Vision Theater, where you can see "America The Beautiful" as you've never seen it before. All around you in a full-circle motion picture.

Now as we approach the PeopleMover station, our Grand Circle tour of Tomorrowland is coming to an end, but not to a stop, aboard this transportation system that never stops. On behalf of the Edison Electric Institute for your electric company, we hope you've enjoyed your trip aboard this electric transportation system of tomorrow, here today.

Main Street USA

Below is the original WEDWay Peoplemover script, narrated by "The Voice of Disney" Jack Wagner.

Keep in mind as you read it, it was performed by a Disney legend. It was created by the same era of Imagineers who wrote scripts for The Haunted Mansion, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and other classic Walt Disney World attractions.

Also keep in mind, it has many identical phrases to the new Peoplemover/TTA script. It is filled with what many are now calling "cheap commercials" for TL attractions. It also references landmarks outside of Tomorrowland (Cindy's castle and King Stephan's Banquet Hall).

So are the WDI legends who created the original script (and the rest of WDW) actually the same type of "uncreative idiots" who just "destroyed" the TTA? Or was it a huge mistake for current WDW management to inject some nostalgia back into the park, and should they be frightened to ever attempt it again?

Here is that original WEDWay Peoplemover script

Jack Wagner: The Edison Electric Institute, for America's investor-owned electric companies, welcomes you aboard the WEDway PeopleMover. On this clean, quiet, electric powered ride of tomorrow, the PeopleMover will be your front row seat for a Grand Circle tour of Tomorrowland. Along the way on your mile-long journey, you'll preview many attractions looking into the future and see some of the ways electric energy serves mankind. Now and tomorrow.

Inside the pavilion we're now approaching is Mission to Mars. Where space travelers explore one of our solar system's most mysterious planets. The rocketship journey leaves every few minutes for outer space. And across the way is another journey. A Grand Circle-Vision tour of "America The Beautiful."

And now sit back in your seat as the PeopleMover presents a preview of the future in the city of tomorrow. Man's goal of a better place to live, work and play. This city is a dream. To make it real, we will need to use our energy resources wisely, not wastefully. Today and tomorrow. And now, sit back in your seat... we rely on you, as much as you rely on us...

And now the PeopleMover presents a panoramic view of Tomorrowland and the Grand Prix Raceway. And just ahead is the towering symbol of the Space Age, the spectacular Space Mountain.

We're now entering one of the new wonders of our World. In a moment, we'll preview the Home of Future Living. And then, Space Mountain's thrilling rocket race through the universe.

The rocket ride through Space Mountain is really out of this world. But you can also see the Home of Future Living inside Space Mountain without taking the rocket ride. Now, as we leave Space Mountain, overhead you can see another form of transportation, the Skyway. Carrying you high above the Grand Prix Raceway and other adventures.

You're riding aboard a brand new concept in electric transportation. The first to use electric linear induction motors. There are no moving parts in these clean, quiet motors. Across the way is the Contemporary Resort. Running right through the hotel is the Walt Disney World Monorail. Another electric powered transit system here in our Vacation Kingdom.

We're now moving past the Carousel Of Progress. Where four warm and humorous families welcome you into their homes of yesterday and today, starting way back at the turn of the century. First presented at the New York World's Fair, this famous theater-in-the-round celebrates how progress through electricity has contributed to better living.

Inside the pavilion we're now entering, you'll travel to vacation ports of call through the magic of "If You Had Wings."

In the distance, you will see Cinderella castle. Those of you who have always wanted an invitation to dine in the castle, will find King Stefan's Banquet Hall inside. Now past the Circle-Vision Theater, where you can see "America The Beautiful" as you've never seen it before. All around you in a full-circle motion picture.

Now as we approach the PeopleMover station, our Grand Circle tour of Tomorrowland is coming to an end, but not to a stop, aboard this transportation system that never stops. On behalf of the Edison Electric Institute for your electric company, we hope you've enjoyed your trip aboard this electric transportation system of tomorrow, here today.
Your last couple of posts are spot on. For those that keep insisting this is the end of the world...wow...just wow. Just stop going if that's how you feel. There will be a few less "crazies" in the park for my visit. I understand the passion...it's while we're all here discussing this topic, but ENOUGH with the overstating and overreaction! Deep breaths, people. Deep breaths.

This new narration is yet another "shout-out" to the good ol' days of WDW. I'll take as much as they'll give me and love every minute of it.

BenS

That line didn't even make sense. Shouldn't it have been "Paging Mr.Morrow Mr.Tom Morrow your party from the MOON has arrived".

And why did Mr.Johnson go from being the head of Nasa's space program and the first mission to mars to becoming a...hovercraft trafic reporter??

The moon doesn't have rings, so the joke wouldn't work. ;)

Also they're not necessarily supposed to be the same characters, just homages.

HMF

We're now moving past the Carousel Of Progress. Where four warm and humorous families welcome you into their homes of yesterday and today, .
Wha' Wha' Wha' Wha' The original Imagineers made the same mistake.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom