Too much Alcohol in the parks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malvito

I can honestly say that in all my visits I've never seen a person obviously drunk in the parks. Well there was this one guy in spaceship earth recently ........................... ah well never mind.

Did he break somebody's nose and then allow his child to laugh hysterically? Which of the two was the drunk one?

MagicMegan

The only time I have ever seen people visibly intoxicated was during Food & Wine festival, but that was later at night. Any other time of the year I haven't seen anyone that I remember being drunk.

And I understand that people should be able to have a good time without alcohol in WDW, but I also tend to think Disney can be the most stressful place in the world. So an Orange Slush from France or a Captain and diet from Petals are usually a must do at least once in my trip.

bmarkelon

I haven't found there to be too much alcohol in the parks. Setting aside matters of religious belief, as forum rules dictate, there are no alcoholic beverages sold at all in the Magic Kingdom, the most heavily attended park of all.

While there are certainly alcohol serving vendors in the Animal Kingdom, I've not ever noticed any intoxicated park patrons there, and the only offending smell is generated by the animals of the four legged variety. The smell of animal dung generally permeates the periphery of that park. :shrug:

At the Disney's Hollywood Studios, again one has to go about looking for alcohol - it isn't abundant but it can be found. At least, that has been my experience and I've not ever stood in a queue for a ride/attraction with someone sloshing an alcoholic beverage around.

That leaves us with Epcot. Again, there is very little notice of alcohol in the front half of that park - Future World. Yes, it can be found but it has to be searched out. So what we are left with are the boutiques around the World Showcase selling drinks by the glass, and that really seems to have been the focus of the OP's original post. Is there too much of it?

My vote would be, "no, leave it alone."

Very nicely broken down! :sohappy: Cheers.
I vote leave it alone as well. If there is no problem, don't fix it.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
First off. I am a heavy drinker. I admit it. I am not here to debate whether its right or not.

I have a job, don't drive drunk, and I surround myself with people I trust when I do drink- I don't let the drinking become a problem.

What I do with my body, with my liver, is my choice. Based on family history, I have already lived more than half of my life. Why the hell should I not be able to have some fun?

I know I'm asking for alot of negativity here but does anyone else out there think that there is definitely too much alcohol floating around the parks? I know MK doesn't allow it but particularly Epcot. If there is one place on this planet you should be able to have fun without being buzzed it is disneyworld. I get so tired of all those people who roam the World Showcase sampling all the beer and wine meanwhile bumping into you with that smelly stuff. I don't believe it should be allowed, (promoted) at all but at the very least they should coral the minority of "drinkers" in certain areas away from the majority who doesnt! ...............................You may now bring the hate...

If you don't want to drink in a Disney park, don't. If you don't think others should drink, that's fine too. The choice is yours. It's all about choice. Just like I have the choice to reply or not reply, or to think you're an sanctimonious pr¡ck or not.

Nobody goes to WDW to get wasted. You can do that for a lot less money elsewhere.

Actually... :drevil:

I propose a simple solution; Disney should create a 5th gate.... :D

Disney's Alcohol Adventures Park. "The Drunkiest Place on Earth" :ROFLOL:

Everyone who wants to drink could go there and ride such classic attractions as...

It's Tought to be Sober
Dumbo's Pink Elephants
It's a Small World of Alcohol Bottles
Margarita Mountain
The Hall of Presidential Beers
The Haunted Brewery
Rum Runners of the Carribbean
The Tiki Bar...Under New Management

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

I'll be there opening day, first in line.

I wish no alcohol was served in any Disney park. It does not belong in a family friendly environment.

Not all families are like yours then.

What Im saying is despite what opinions or prefrences are out there, Alcohol was in no way part of Walts original vision. He made it very clear that HIS parks were for the kids! Also the shallow argument about money is also against walts dream, and I quote,
"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money. "
Walt Disney

Come on folks man up and use a little self control for a few days and set a good example for the litte ones! Don't taint their experience, IN THEIR PLACE!

His parks were for THE ENTIRE FAMILY. He said so himself. And guess what, this member of the family would like a drink!

Disneys shareholders may have a slighty different opinion on this one :)

Exactly. Disney is a publicly traded business. As much as I hate saying it, their only obligation at the end of the day is to make money for their shareholders- nothing else. If they choose to have a high quality product as a means to it, so be it- if they choose to serve alcohol as their means, so be it.

Didn't Walt have the initial idea for Club 33 at Disneyland, and doesn't Club 33 serve alcohol?

Correct. The countless bottles of Amstel Light I had there agree with you, as does the bottle of Jagermeister I saw James Hetfield nursing there.

Proverbs 20:1 "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise"......God

Proverbs 23:32 "At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder".......God

Argue with him.

Jesus is my homeboy. And as a Christian (Catholic, up till confirmation), I know better than to take the bible as a series of quotes- I take it as a whole.
Furthermore, as part of my faith, drinking is allowed, when the Body and Blood of Christ transubstantiate into Wafers and Wine.

Since you wanted to go there:

On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there; and both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to Him, “They have no wine.” And Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.” Now there were six stone waterpots set there for the Jewish custom of purification, containing twenty or thirty gallons each. Jesus said to them, “Fill the waterpots with water.” So they filled them up to the brim. And He said to them, “Draw some out now and take it to the headwaiter.” So they took it to him. When the headwaiter tasted the water which had become wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the headwaiter called the bridegroom, and said to him, “Every man serves the good wine first, and when the people have drunk freely, then he serves the poorer wine; but you have kept the good wine until now.” This beginning of His signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory, and His disciples believed in Him.

I love this.

Quick question...How many time does the word god or the name Jesus appear in the US constitution?

Oooh! I know! I know! I know!

O.K. this has been fun but I have to get to work, I have VBS (Vacation Bible School) shortly to prepare for, but let me conclude with this.

#1 If Jesus taught to obstain from it, dont look at it, and dont serve it, do you really think he'd make it? (Just askin) If he had made fermented wine it would have nullified his purity and holiness and been unable to pay for our sin. Of course you'd have to believe the Bible for that to matter.

#2 Look up the word wine in a Bible concordance there are many definitions to "wine" of which grape juice, or "fruit of the vine" is one of them. I will gladly respond in depth when I get back, but for now I have kids to tend to.

Tell me about the final supper. Was that milk that they drank?

JESUS MADE MARIJUANA!!! :drevil:

And it is my medicine. It allows me to deal with people like the OP.

Because the OP used Christianity as a reason to NOT have alcohol in the parks.

He who turns to religion has no valid argument remaining. This is the gospel of Rob (mkt).

Would it include a red light district and marijuana brownies?! :lookaroun

Meh. Hash brownies taste awful.

oh and I enjoyed 2 16oz Bud lights poolside at POP last Thursday! Expensive but good.

Ew. Bud Light ;)

Enchantâmes

What Im saying is despite what opinions or prefrences are out there, Alcohol was in no way part of Walts original vision. He made it very clear that HIS parks were for the kids! Also the shallow argument about money is also against walts dream, and I quote,
"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money. "
Walt Disney

Come on folks man up and use a little self control for a few days and set a good example for the litte ones! Don't taint their experience, IN THEIR PLACE!

Here is where you're wrong... He made it Very clear that his PARK was for Families and Kids of all ages. Also if there was no alcohol is his PARK than explain Club 33 which has a fully operational Bar. If you don't like how the parks are operated in how they serve alcohol at the parks here are your choices:

1. Get over it and just enjoy your trip seeing as you only go once a year.

2. Avoid the areas where they serve alcohol, why are you in those areas to begin with if it bothers you so much?

3. Vacation elsewhere, no one is forcing to go to Disney or the parks in question so if you don't like how they are operated go somewhere else, its that simple.

Or you can try to get a bunch of people on the internet to take your side and start a rally to get Disney to ban Alcohol on their property all because its "not fit" for a family enviorment even though its been done since Walt was around and there have been no major problems with it since then.

I don't drink nor do I don't plan to, but I think its selfish to take what other people get fun out of away all because you don't like it. This is the kind of mind set that got our Adventurer's Club taken away along with the rest of Pleasure Island and a good amount of the more adult attractions taken away from us in the last decade.
There is my opinion have a Magical Day! :wave:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Walt Disney

Places for adults were always part of the plans. Don't fool yourself.

Stop assuming because people have a drink in the parks they will lose all semblance of self-control. It's not like they'll go out and lecture people on an Internet forum or anything....

Disneydreamer23

every one should have fun at disney if you want a few drinks its their vacation too I go every yr and when we go to epcot we always have a few drinks i never get drunk but HAPPY :) what they should watch out for is undersge drinking i have been buying margaritas in mexico at the cart since i was 17 never carded once I am now 22

eastvillage

What Im saying is despite what opinions or prefrences are out there, Alcohol was in no way part of Walts original vision.

Walt designed an attraction focused on a bunch of drunken pirates.

You've heard of Pirates of the Caribbean, right? It's in both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Places for adults were always part of the plans. Don't fool yourself.

Stop assuming because people have a drink in the parks they will lose all semblance of self-control. It's not like they'll go out and lecture people on an Internet forum or anything....

i_see_what_you_did_there_RE_Anyone_else_see_it-s450x545-95526-580.jpg

amypants

Walt Disney

I honestly think this is not a fair statement. Why is my interest in having a champagne drink at the France pavilion an issue of me having self control and ruining the park for others. You are assuming that everyone having a beverage is looking to have a fall down drunj time at the parks-some specifically myself would say you are labeling everyone who has an alcoholic beverage as a drunk that is slander.

Magic kingdom is 100% kid friendly as it should be alcohol free. But disney is for families adults and kids and we shouldnt be tied down by harsh rules because families with kids choose to bring their kids into an environment where adult beverages are sold.

I as m 26 years old with out kids other people's livestyle choices/ beliefs should not change how I spennd my disney vacation and vice versa

dixiegirl

Was'nt walts vision also for Disney world to be affordable?? Yeah look where thats gone??

Hay I'm all for the Alcohol In Disney....Makes it so much more Magical!!!!!

OOOh can we start a thread where the best drinks are in Disney???

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It appears that the Southern Baptists now have their own thread.

I have a riddle for you...

Q: ) Do you know the difference in a Southern Baptist and a Southern Methodist?

A: ) The Southern Methodists will speak to each other at the liquor store.

OOOh can we start a thread where the best drinks are in Disney???

I've heard, through the grapevine of WDI, that Gaston's Tavern at the Magic Kingdom is going to sell a special adult "Root Beer" beverage based on root beer soda and root beer vodka.

Of course the kids can just get a regular old root beer. But where's the fun in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom