Too much Alcohol in the parks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbp

Question for the OP: Do you really think it's right to get rid of something at a place built for anyone who can afford it just because you don't enjoy it? Wouldn't it be easier to just ignore and not partake in the specific elements that don't entertain you? I'm a vegetarian and I don't much like the smell of, or watching people eat turkey legs, but I know that the legs make people happy and have a cultural resonance, so I wouldn't ask that they be removed. I'll just not order a turkey leg instead.

I've always thought EPCOT needed more alcohol. Specifically the Canadian pavilion. A nice Canadian lodge style pub with a sampling of our nation's beer seems enjoyable and profitable.

sublimesting

I've always thought EPCOT needed more alcohol. Specifically the Canadian pavilion. A nice Canadian lodge style pub with a sampling of our nation's beer seems enjoyable and profitable.

And what beer would that be?

Please don't say Molson's.....

sublimesting

So, what is everyone's favorite drink at the World? Honestly, I have never had a drink at any Disney park except back at our hotel. But this year I am going to have some and I am really looking forward to trying Dixie Blackened Voodoo Lager.
ANy other suggestions?

fbp

And what beer would that be?

Please don't say Molson's.....

Well, we could do a sweep of popular beer across the country. Some Keith's and Moosehead from out East. Blanche de Chambly, Steamwhistle and Mill Street from the Central region. Maybe some Kokanee from out West.

Too many possibilities :)

PhilharMagician

First, I want to thank everone for making my day. I don't know how I missed this thread yesterday, but I am sorry I did. I have not laughed this hard in a long time!!

Food and Juice festival in Epcot sounds like a blast to me.:hammer:

My son at Epcot.
baby-drinking-unknown-beer.jpg

Start-em early! That is awesome to be able to chug at that age. Should be able to do funnels by age 5.

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
(sung to the tune of "Grandma got run over by a reindeer.")

Grandma got run over by an ECV,
Drinking her way around the world,
If it wasn't for those dang double wide strollers,
She might have been able to jump out of the way.

:lookaroun:xmas:

righttrack

Well, we could do a sweep of popular beer across the country. Some Keith's and Moosehead from out East. Blanche de Chambly, Steamwhistle and Mill Street from the Central region. Maybe some Kokanee from out West.

Sleemans. Epcot really needs Sleemans. Upper Canada too. 'sayin

Club Cooloholic

Canada used to have a cart that sold some great Candadian micobrews like La Fin Du Monde(very strong and tasty) but last time I was there the cart was gone, and the only options were Moosehead and LaBatt Blue.

Yankee Mouse

Canada used to have a cart that sold some great Candadian micobrews like La Fin Du Monde(very strong and tasty) but last time I was there the cart was gone, and the only options were Moosehead and LaBatt Blue.

They still have La Fin Du Monde in Le Cellier, my sister turned me on to it last time we were there, good stuff. Then I went and found it in a local beverage outlet place that sells a large variety of wine/beer, along with a few other Unibroue types. I am definitely a fan now and would love to see them back at the cart with the LaBatt and Moosehead. Although the LaBatt does bring me back to my college days in upstate NY, so I don't mind that either.

Club Cooloholic

They still have La Fin Du Monde in Le Cellier, my sister turned me on to it last time we were there, good stuff. Then I went and found it in a local beverage outlet place that sells a large variety of wine/beer, along with a few other Unibroue types. I am definitely a fan now and would love to see them back at the cart with the LaBatt and Moosehead. Although the LaBatt does bring me back to my college days in upstate NY, so I don't mind that either.

I do wish they still had that cart though, it was right near the lake and within earshot of the music stage.

FYI-I am glad there is no booze in MK...my wallet is too!

MonkeyHeadCup

Having a slight buzz at EPCOT is FUN !!!

You can see a movie without Popcorn too, but sometimes it's better WITH the popcorn, right?

sublimesting

mmmm...possibilities......

jakeman

I quoted so much in this thread!
Once again and again and again..
What I am saying is: Walt Disneyworld is a place that was built with the kids in mind. Anyone who equates children with alcohol has a screw loose! Also I am a whole hearted believer in parents taking full responsibility for their kids. My entire adult life has been wholely devoted to help repairing the lives of children who's parents didnt give a flip, and trying to make up the difference so they would have a chance. And most of the kids I try to intervene for and gift a shot at life are in that position because their mom and dad couldnt put the bottle down.
I know you are probably gone now having stirred up a hornets nest. Real nice. Awesome example of faith you displayed in this thread.

Since we are apparently whipping out our moral sticks and correlating helping others with ability to drink let me throw something out there that will blow your mind:

I drink occasionally and we adopted a boy that was beat by an alcoholic illegal immigrant that his mother chose over her biological family.

In fact one of the main things we are teaching our 12 year old son is how to appropriately drink alcohol, lest he think that the only example he was brought up with be the only way to imbide.

I have taken the time to explain that you can drink a beverage with alcohol and first and foremost not get drunk, but to enjoy the craftmanship of the libation. Both my wife an myself occasionally have a beer or wine with dinner and we always take the time to comment on the selection for the evening and whether we would choose it again.

So rather than bury his head in the sand and hope he doesn't ever drink, we felt it would be most appropriate to demonstrate responsible drinking to counter the example he was set.

He has gone from warily looking at beer as an object of fear to understanding on at least an acedemic level the time and effort that goes into making a good brew (not the swill of the common man that comes in a can :animwink:)

Proverbs 20:1 "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise"......God

Proverbs 23:32 "At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder".......God

Argue with him.
You have probably done more to hurt the prolification of the Message in this thread with statements like these than you could ever realize.

I'm at a loss of what to say after that.

Fantasmic

Know what else there is too much of in the parks... double wide strollers. And just strollers in general.

If there is one place on this planet you should be able to have fun without being clipped in the achilles tendon it is disneyworld. I get so tired of all those people who roam the parks... bumping into you with those behemoth things. I don't believe they should be allowed, (rented) at all but at the very least they should corral the minority of "stroller users" in certain areas away from the majority who doesnt!

:lol::sohappy:

Proverbs 20:1 "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise"......God

Proverbs 23:32 "At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder".......God

Argue with him.

21st amendment to the constitution (Just in case you did not know, it is what all of the laws in our country are based on.)

Our constitution is based on judaeo christian beliefs taken directly from the Bible. Do your homework....

Why does God, (by the way thats his name) pronounce a WOE to them that even gives his neighbor drink if it's not so bad. ANd why does he command to not even look upon it, and why does he say that those that drink arent wise? Admit it its Wrong and you just like it.

Wow, it sure must be nice up there on your pedestal Mr Pastor.

MAF

Judging by his avatar, he's one of those people who forces his wife and daughters to wear those hideous long jean skirts and be subserviant to him because he's a man. Nice religion you have there... :rolleyes:

dave&di

Why has this thread not been closed? Surely talk of religion is one reason, then there's the point that this is no longer going anywhere, then there's the insults! This thread is making me turn to drink! Hiccup! :animwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom