Too much Alcohol in the parks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevross

My intent was not to insult the OP, just to give my opinion. I think the insults were really started by the OP. If you read all of their posts on this thread, they didn't really want opinions, they wanted to preach and call people "drunks" and "alcoholics". The OP wants alcohol out of the parks and thinks anyone who drinks is wrong. Here is the quote to prove it:

Why does God, (by the way thats his name) pronounce a WOE to them that even gives his neighbor drink if it's not so bad. ANd why does he command to not even look upon it, and why does he say that those that drink arent wise? Admit it its Wrong and you just like it.

I am sure if the OP hung around, their comments would have turned out way more insulting in the end.

-The funny thing is that is the very quote from The Andrews that he aimed at me for defending people's right to alcohol in Epcot even though I have admitted I am not a drinker myself.

mickeymatt

I think all junk food should be removed from the parks. Turkey legs are high in sodium, dole whips ..too much sugar, funnel cakes= fat. Last time I checked gluttony is also a sin.
(my tongue is in my cheek)

It's funny I've heard many sermons preached on the evils of alcohol but not one on gluttony. Enjoy that fried chicken preacher.

ABigBrassBand

You know what? I think that WDW should break the U.S. law--they should serve alcohol to everyone! Replace the water fountains with alcohol, and we'd have a more interesting "World"!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Jesus turned water into wine and supplied the multitude... :shrug:

:cool:

ABigBrassBand

I think all junk food should be removed from the parks. Turkey legs are high in sodium, dole whips ..too much sugar, funnel cakes= fat. Last time I checked gluttony is also a sin.

It's funny I've heard many sermons preached on the evils of alcohol but not one on gluttony. Enjoy that fried chicken preacher.

B-b-b-but, Turkey Legs are so good :(

Club Cooloholic

Too many people here are acting like a lynch mob.

The Andrews has raised some very real issues in this thread. Regardless of one's own opinion about his beliefs, the issues themselves are very real. Tens of millions of family lives in America are wrecked by alcohol abuse.

It is not something to just shrug off, or a laughing matter.

And yes, I do drink and no, I am not a Christian, and I do wish Disney would not serve alcohol in its parks.

Except that this is a Disney Forum, it's a little like walking in here and saying, that because obesity afflicts millions of people, Disney should cut all high calorie content from their menus, so that things don't get out of hand and nobody ends up eating themselves sick.

What was asked of the OP was that he give examples where he was effected by a parkgoers drinking, what we got is "God said wine is sin"
I don't think anyone is making fun of his having beliefs but when you use your personal beliefs as evidence of why something should be banned it really holds itself up to ridicule.

bmarkelon

I enjoyed a Pina CoLAVA at the AK Lodge. On my budget I only get one, but it is so yummy. (Bacardi Razz Rum blended with Pina Colada Mix and Raspberry Puree)
I enjoyed that same delicious Beverage poolside at BLT.
:eek: this thread, really? Eat, drink and be merry, respectfully and responsibly. :) party on.

I plan my entire day around my Dole Whip float....let's don't go giving anyone ideas! LOL!

ABigBrassBand

Once I am of age I will try that drink, while reading the bible and get tipsy. All because of this thread, god bless it :')

devoy1701

Once I am of age I will try that drink, while reading the bible and get tipsy. All because of this thread, god bless it :')

If I had a dollar for every time a ranting thread pursuaded me to do exactly what the OP was complaining about...

rsoxguy

I find the level of disrespect for the beliefs of others displayed throughout this thread to be shameful. Whether the issue be Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, or Islam, we should respect the opinions and beliefs of others to the extent that we avoid making jokes related to said beliefs and the spiritual leader of any religion (in this case Jesus). The school-yard mentality stated by some of our members in regards to “he started it” is so sophomoric that it leaves me wondering about the average age of the members with whom I share this forum community.
For all of the comedians that claim that the OP is fair game for your humorous fodder, I submit the following questions. If he had said that there are too many heterosexuals at WDW, and then quoted a homosexual advocate regarding his belief, would everyone be making gay jokes? If he were someone who was mentally challenged, and he stated that there are too many non-mentally challenged people at WDW, would you all begin to joke about people with disabilities? I believe that the answer to both questions is a resounding "no".
Common civility would go far in this world, and it is desperately missing here today. I’ll leave any preaching to a church and a pulpit, as should the OP, but many of you do not serve as a very good example for secular humanism. While I agree that this is not the place for a Biblical exposition on the perils of alcohol, it is also not the place to tear apart the spiritual beliefs of others for the sake of amusement. State your opinions regarding booze, tell the OP that he is out of line for bringing Biblical beliefs into a secular forum, report him to a mod, and consider yourself heard. The rest is just irreverent and mean-spirited chatter. I’ll see you all around.

mickey2008.1

Monty beat me to it, Jesus would be in France drinking wine. But it would be cool to chug a beer with Him and slam a shot at La Cava de Tequila:slurp:ria!

WDWmazprty

I find the level of disrespect for the beliefs of others displayed throughout this thread to be shameful. Whether the issue be Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, or Islam, we should respect the opinions and beliefs of others to the extent that we avoid making jokes related to said beliefs and the spiritual leader of any religion (in this case Jesus). The school-yard mentality stated by some of our members in regards to “he started it” is so sophomoric that it leaves me wondering about the average age of the members with whom I share this forum community.
For all of the comedians that claim that the OP is fair game for your humorous fodder, I submit the following questions. If he had said that there are too many heterosexuals at WDW, and then quoted a homosexual advocate regarding his belief, would everyone be making gay jokes? If he were someone who was mentally challenged, and he stated that there are too many non-mentally challenged people at WDW, would you all begin to joke about people with disabilities? I believe that the answer to both questions is a resounding "no".
Common civility would go far in this world, and it is desperately missing here today. I’ll leave any preaching to a church and a pulpit, as should the OP, but many of you do not serve as a very good example for secular humanism. While I agree that this is not the place for a Biblical exposition on the perils of alcohol, it is also not the place to tear apart the spiritual beliefs of others for the sake of amusement. State your opinions regarding booze, tell the OP that he is out of line for bringing Biblical beliefs into a secular forum, report him to a mod, and consider yourself heard. The rest is just irreverent and mean-spirited chatter. I’ll see you all around.

:cool: Well said.

wvdisneyfamily

The OP could have been more polite and tactful in their reply. I personally do not agree with how they are presenting their points. I see what each of you are saying. The OP shouldn't judge or belittle those who drink. Other posters shouldn't attack Christianity based on the OP and people like him. Christianity is my faith. I won't belittle those that don't follow it. However, I ask that they respect me and not belittle me for feeling that way. This thread has moved far away from the topic and turned into an opportunity to make Jesus jokes.

My intent was not to insult the OP, just to give my opinion. I think the insults were really started by the OP. If you read all of their posts on this thread, they didn't really want opinions, they wanted to preach and call people "drunks" and "alcoholics". The OP wants alcohol out of the parks and thinks anyone who drinks is wrong. Here is the quote to prove it:

I am sure if the OP hung around, their comments would have turned out way more insulting in the end.

So I suppose namecalling, stereotyping, and the blatant misuse and misinterpretation of Bible passages to justify a point is alright? Hhmmm...

No one should be insulted. I think humor was the best way for this thread to go. And regardless, the views and opinions of the OP are not those of any Christian I know - so how is that insulting?

Anyways, my two cents...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom