Too much Alcohol in the parks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devoy1701

I find the level of disrespect for the beliefs of others displayed throughout this thread to be shameful. Whether the issue be Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, or Islam, we should respect the opinions and beliefs of others to the extent that we avoid making jokes related to said beliefs and the spiritual leader of any religion (in this case Jesus). The school-yard mentality stated by some of our members in regards to “he started it” is so sophomoric that it leaves me wondering about the average age of the members with whom I share this forum community.
For all of the comedians that claim that the OP is fair game for your humorous fodder, I submit the following questions. If he had said that there are too many heterosexuals at WDW, and then quoted a homosexual advocate regarding his belief, would everyone be making gay jokes? If he were someone who was mentally challenged, and he stated that there are too many non-mentally challenged people at WDW, would you all begin to joke about people with disabilities? I believe that the answer to both questions is a resounding "no".
Common civility would go far in this world, and it is desperately missing here today. I’ll leave any preaching to a church and a pulpit, as should the OP, but many of you do not serve as a very good example for secular humanism. While I agree that this is not the place for a Biblical exposition on the perils of alcohol, it is also not the place to tear apart the spiritual beliefs of others for the sake of amusement. State your opinions regarding booze, tell the OP that he is out of line for bringing Biblical beliefs into a secular forum, report him to a mod, and consider yourself heard. The rest is just irreverent and mean-spirited chatter. I’ll see you all around.

for the record. Most of the people who were poking fun at the OP and disecting his biblical references plainly stated that they were Christains as well and used more biblical references to refute the OPs claims. The OP was the one who took this down the path of using religion for an argument anyway after we clearly refuted their quotes of Walt Disney and trying to claim the place was made just for Kids. I only saw one comment where someone suggested that they don't agree with their beliefs and turned it into a joke. The other comments about drinking with Jesus are harmless and nothing more than playful banter. I don't see anyone actually being derogatory towards the OP or his religious beliefs.

I do suggest that the OP refrain from using quotes in his future arguments though....

BTW, in addition to having 49 people viewing at one time, this thread jumped about 1500 views in a 30 minute timespan. Very Impressive!

DisneyDebNJ

Know what else there is too much of in the parks... double wide strollers. And just strollers in general.

If there is one place on this planet you should be able to have fun without being clipped in the achilles tendon it is disneyworld. I get so tired of all those people who roam the parks... bumping into you with those behemoth things. I don't believe they should be allowed, (rented) at all but at the very least they should corral the minority of "stroller users" in certain areas away from the majority who doesnt!

You took the words right out of my mouth!! l had a situation about 10 yrs ago, a woman with two very tired and crying children (no doubt, its a LONGG day and alot to take in for little ones) rammed into me, and ripped open my ankle, blood pouring down my foot, gash in the skin, and didnt even stop to ask if I was OK. On the other hand, a gentleman at the England Pavillion, bumped in to me, apologized and offered to buy me and my husband a beer. I totally disagree with the original poster... I think Disney did it right, no alcohol at MK for alot of families with little ones, Epcot, DHS, AK, serves it. It's a matter of choice. In my 20something times going to Disney, I have never seen anyone completely wasted, but did see a few people a little buzzed, and enjoying the parks, and they were alot of fun!! It's a matter of choice I guess, and everyone there is on vacation.. let their hair down. As long as they drink responsibly, why not??? In the words of Wayne Campbell "Party on dude!!!!" No hate at all here, but I do hope you enjoy your time at Disney!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

MAF

at the very least they should coral the minority of "drinkers" in certain areas away from the majority who doesnt! ...............................You may now bring the hate...

First of all the fact that you wrote, "bring on the hate" proves you posted this to incite a flame war and you are a troll. 2nd, use proper grammar, its "don't", not "doesn't" and third of all we should "coral" all of the blacks, gays, and disabled too so they don't bother you on your precious vacation. BTW, where did you get the idea that the "majority" of people don't have a drink or two while at the world? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wvdisneyfamily

Thank you. Best post in this thread.

I find the level of disrespect for the beliefs of others displayed throughout this thread to be shameful. Whether the issue be Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, or Islam, we should respect the opinions and beliefs of others to the extent that we avoid making jokes related to said beliefs and the spiritual leader of any religion (in this case Jesus). The school-yard mentality stated by some of our members in regards to “he started it” is so sophomoric that it leaves me wondering about the average age of the members with whom I share this forum community.
For all of the comedians that claim that the OP is fair game for your humorous fodder, I submit the following questions. If he had said that there are too many heterosexuals at WDW, and then quoted a homosexual advocate regarding his belief, would everyone be making gay jokes? If he were someone who was mentally challenged, and he stated that there are too many non-mentally challenged people at WDW, would you all begin to joke about people with disabilities? I believe that the answer to both questions is a resounding "no".
Common civility would go far in this world, and it is desperately missing here today. I’ll leave any preaching to a church and a pulpit, as should the OP, but many of you do not serve as a very good example for secular humanism. While I agree that this is not the place for a Biblical exposition on the perils of alcohol, it is also not the place to tear apart the spiritual beliefs of others for the sake of amusement. State your opinions regarding booze, tell the OP that he is out of line for bringing Biblical beliefs into a secular forum, report him to a mod, and consider yourself heard. The rest is just irreverent and mean-spirited chatter. I’ll see you all around.

Prototype82

What a splendid culinary event the International Food and Grape Juice Festival would be. :lol: The thing about World Showcase is that it's incomplete. It has great galleries, shows, and two rides but there aren't a lot of attractions a midst the fantastic architecture there. The attractions in a lot of ways are the culinary offerings the pavilions are known for. Banning alcohol in a primarily adult-themed theme park would never work. If I'm in Germany, I better as heck have a beer with my meal. It's the German in me.

Club Cooloholic

I was raised Catholic and have always thought that our ability to take a joke and make a joke in regards to our religion is a treasured thing. Something some religions would NEVER do.

Nemo14

I agree to an extent, and as a Christian (who enjoys a drink on occasion) I resent some of the ridiculous comments made about Jesus. But in all fairness, the OP felt free to imply that we are all alcoholic sinners and that the Bible can only be interpreted his way. He's either a troll, or a very dangerous Christian. JMHO

mickeymatt

for the record. Most of the people who were poking fun at the OP and disecting his biblical references plainly stated that they were Christains as well and used more biblical references to refute the OPs claims. The OP was the one who took this down the path of using religion for an argument anyway after we clearly refuted their quotes of Walt Disney and trying to claim the place was made just for Kids. I only saw one comment where someone suggested that they don't agree with their beliefs and turned it into a joke. The other comments about drinking with Jesus are harmless and nothing more than playful banter. I don't see anyone actually being derogatory towards the OP or his religious beliefs.

I do suggest that the OP refrain from using quotes in his future arguments though....

well said.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

BTW, in addition to having 49 people viewing at one time, this thread jumped about 1500 views in a 30 minute timespan. Very Impressive!

Agreed.

I am a Christian. Catholic school my entire life. All the sacraments. Married in a church, the whole 9.

Some people are just too sensitive. Take a joke. Is it really offensive to imagine JC having a beer? Relax.

devoy1701

Agreed.

I am a Christian. Catholic school my entire life. All the sacraments. Married in a church, the whole 9.

Some people are just too sensitive. Take a joke. Is it really offensive to imagine JC having a beer? Relax.

I was going to say the same thing... this is the interwebz...people joke and are overly sarcastic (especially on this site)!

I don't know how you can read through this thread (from start to finish mind you...not just picking up in the middle where someone mentioned having a Car Bomb with Jesus but actually following the progression of the entire thread) and not help but laugh!

This thread is going to be right up there with King Louie!

menamechris

Yeah, you had me until you brought up the gays and mentally challenged. As far as I know, no gay or mentally challenged individual has been on here to spread their sexual orientation or handicap... Kinda day and night. And while I understand the spirit of your post - I would think Christians on here would be a little more disappointed in the OP. Do you think anyone on here has been turned on to Christianity from his posts? I think that would be a resounding "no". So what exactly was the point?

DisneyDebNJ

I dunno ... maybe it's me, :shrug: but two things I was always told to NOT bring into a convo was Religion and Politics.. unless you're in a church attending a political forum of some type. :animwink:

stratman50th

Wow, this is great! It took me over an hour to commute home and when I get here, this is still the top thread. It is starting to die out though.
Going to go cut the grass. Be back in around an hour and a half. That's my chair there, I'll want it again when I get back.:D

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Yeah, you had me until you brought up the gays and mentally challenged. As far as I know, no gay or mentally challenged individual has been on here to spread their sexual orientation or handicap... Kinda day and night. And while I understand the spirit of your post - I would think Christians on here would be a little more disappointed in the OP. Do you think anyone on here has been turned on to Christianity from his posts? I think that would be a resounding "no". So what exactly was the point?

This :king:. Thank you :)

mergatroid

To be honest I've never found a problem with drunks roaming around the parks, if or when this becomes an issue then I would consider banning it. I don't really think that the type of person who enjoys getting wasted would pay the large entrance fee needed to get in the parks, to then go and get smashed? It would be a lot cheaper and quicker to find a local bar for that sort of thing.

I can honestly say that in all my visits I've never seen a person obviously drunk in the parks. Well there was this one guy in spaceship earth recently ........................... ah well never mind.

MKCP 1985

I haven't found there to be too much alcohol in the parks. Setting aside matters of religious belief, as forum rules dictate, there are no alcoholic beverages sold at all in the Magic Kingdom, the most heavily attended park of all.

While there are certainly alcohol serving vendors in the Animal Kingdom, I've not ever noticed any intoxicated park patrons there, and the only offending smell is generated by the animals of the four legged variety. The smell of animal dung generally permeates the periphery of that park. :shrug:

At the Disney's Hollywood Studios, again one has to go about looking for alcohol - it isn't abundant but it can be found. At least, that has been my experience and I've not ever stood in a queue for a ride/attraction with someone sloshing an alcoholic beverage around.

That leaves us with Epcot. Again, there is very little notice of alcohol in the front half of that park - Future World. Yes, it can be found but it has to be searched out. So what we are left with are the boutiques around the World Showcase selling drinks by the glass, and that really seems to have been the focus of the OP's original post. Is there too much of it?

My vote would be, "no, leave it alone."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom