Too much Alcohol in the parks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DizMagic

You know what there is really too much of in the parks? Other peoples offspring. I don't know about anyone else, but when I am on vacation I do not like to be bombarded by the little monsters. Screaming, running around, knocking into my already injured knees. They should corral all the kids into a kids only area, enclosed with double pane sound proof glass. If I am enjoying a nice frosty beer, I don't need some reproducer and their youngins disturbing me.

Exactly. I'm sure obnoxious kids and rude parents cause way more headaches to others than the occasional drunk at wdw. I'm so sick of people calling for things to be banned just because they don't like it. I don't like plenty of things but that doesn't mean I don't think others should be forced into acting how I want them to. Moralists sigh....

MKCP 1985

while on the subject, one can be a complete lout and ruin the moment for others around him/her without having an ounce of alcohol, so blaming the other guy over on the bench minding his own business and sipping a beer for there being an un-family atmosphere at Epcot is absurd.

bandman

In all my visits I have never encountered drunk people until my recent visit in May. Family of mom, dad, uncle, and 2 teenage daughters in line at RnR got in a heated, expletive filled, screaming fight. Mom and dad both had nearly empty beer cups in their hands and were obviously impaired.

I don't drink and it doesn't bother me that others do, but in this instance I did find myself asking why of all places do we need beer at WDW? :shrug:

devoy1701

I've heard, through the grapevine of WDI, that Gaston's Tavern at the Magic Kingdom is going to sell a special adult "Root Beer" beverage based on root beer soda and root beer vodka.

Of course the kids can just get a regular old root beer. But where's the fun in that?

I myself prefer a cool sarsaparilla....oh that's right! I forgot!

3 pages of substance....15 pages of badgering...I can't believe this baby is still going!

jmvd20

In all my visits I have never encountered drunk people until my recent visit in May. Family of mom, dad, uncle, and 2 teenage daughters in line at RnR got in a heated, expletive filled, screaming fight. Mom and dad both had nearly empty beer cups in their hands and were obviously impaired.

I don't drink and it doesn't bother me that others do, but in this instance I did find myself asking why of all places do we need beer at WDW? :shrug:

That type of family would most likely have gotten into something like that regardless if alcohol consumption was a factor or not.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You Are A Fricking Hippie Activist....
Your Probably One Who says there should be more healthy choices everywhere, too.

Am I Right

This thread really needs to be locked...:lookaroun

You might want to learn more about someone before making that characterization. Most hippies would be fine with alcohol in the parks (at the least).

Agreed. It appears the troll has done its work for the day....

PirateFrank

I've trudged through this thread from beginning to end and I've gotten angrier and angrier at the sheer arrogance of some of the, for lack of a nicer word, prohibitionists here.

I've been to the Food and Wine Festival before and I have never seen the egregious, slurring, fighting, ________-one-self drunk behavior that has been over-blown and exaggerated on in this thread. Perhaps there has been an increase in this behavior and I've missed it. But over the past 5 years, I've been to the parks quite frequently....both during food and wine and other times of year as well. I think I have a pretty darn good handle on whats going on in the parks....

It is NOT the fault of alcohol in the park. It is the fault of the person consuming it. To suggest removal of alcohol from the parks when 99% of park guests enjoy it responsibly suggests that the real motive behind this is far more self-serving than is being presented. Perhaps some of the complainers in this thread are recovering alcoholics and hate the fact that 99% of park guests don't need a meeting and a mentor to walk past the beer cart in Germany without kicking their 4 year old. Whatever it is, let's dispense with the philanthropic charade. I'm seeing right through it!

Lets call this thread what it is....A vehicle for anti-alcohol self-righteous grumps to preach their opinion, while fraudulently claiming to act in our best interests. Act in your own best interests. I'll act in mine!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I've trudged through this thread from beginning to end and I've gotten angrier and angrier at the sheer arrogance of some of the, for lack of a nicer word, prohibitionists here.

I've been to the Food and Wine Festival before and I have never seen the egregious, slurring, fighting, ________-one-self drunk behavior that has been over-blown and exaggerated on in this thread. Perhaps there has been an increase in this behavior and I've missed it. But over the past 5 years, I've been to the parks quite frequently....both during food and wine and other times of year as well. I think I have a pretty darn good handle on whats going on in the parks....

It is NOT the fault of alcohol in the park. It is the fault of the person consuming it. To suggest removal of alcohol from the parks when 99% of park guests enjoy it responsibly suggests that the real motive behind this is far more self-serving than is being presented. Perhaps some of the complainers in this thread are recovering alcoholics and hate the fact that 99% of park guests don't need a meeting and a mentor to walk past the beer cart in Germany without kicking their 4 year old. Whatever it is, let's dispense with the philanthropic charade. I'm seeing right through it!

Lets call this thread what it is....A vehicle for anti-alcohol self-righteous grumps to preach their opinion, while fraudulently claiming to act in our best interests. Act in your own best interests. I'll act in mine!

Bravo

But just you wait until VBS is over and the wrath of ThePreacherMan will come down upon your heathenish head! :lol:

The Andrews

About The Andrews

• Occupation
    Pastor

Are you surprised?

DisneyCanadian

Proverbs 20:1 "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise"......God

Proverbs 23:32 "At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder".......God

Argue with him.

We may as well just argue with ourselves.

There is no issue with "drunks" in the parks. There is nothing wrong with having a drink or two while walking through World Showcase. People don't go to WDW to get ed up, it's too expensive and there are many more places/options to do so.

janoimagine

Your Probably One Who says there should be more healthy choices everywhere, too.

No, I would not consider myself a hippie, however I do think there should be more healthy options in the parks. Not all of us prefer fried food and funnel cakes in our diets.

Honestly, where do you come up with this? :rolleyes:

I think this thread has officially jumped the shark.

mickeymatt

I just got back from my daughters VBS program at church (southern baptist) and can't believe this thread is still going!

Chevross

After a rather scathing email from someone who will remain anonymous, I want to clear up a few things.

1. I did not say I was against alcohol. I said I do not drink alcohol, but I see no problem with it being available in certain areas of Walt Disney World.

2. I was not making fun of Christianity, I was merely pointing out the flawed logic behind what The Andrews posted and his backtracking/further excuses.

3. The Grape juice/Wine post was not making fun, it was pointing out that wine is fermented and has always had that connotation. I probably could have went about that better, but saying grape juice was being served instead is a rather ridiculous claim.

4. I did not attack the religion. My goal was to explain the passages that had been quoted in layman terms.

5. Yes, I did feel attacked by the OP'er because he insinuated that I liked to drink when it is in fact against my chosen lifestyle. I was merely defending the right of other people. I felt the post was directed at me and thus defended myself when I was being called a sinner.

Now I hope this clears up my position. I'm not a frequent poster on these forums for certain reasons, probably obvious reasons now, but please don't put words in my mouth, quote, or whatever.

I too am surprised this is still going, I'm actually surprised it hasn't been taken down completely off the site and I haven't been warned yet.

Rowdy

I know I'm asking for alot of negativity here but does anyone else out there think that there is definitely too much alcohol floating around the parks? I know MK doesn't allow it but particularly Epcot. If there is one place on this planet you should be able to have fun without being buzzed it is disneyworld. I get so tired of all those people who roam the World Showcase sampling all the beer and wine meanwhile bumping into you with that smelly stuff. I don't believe it should be allowed, (promoted) at all but at the very least they should coral the minority of "drinkers" in certain areas away from the majority who doesnt! ...............................You may now bring the hate...

Being a Christian, you're also not suppose to judge people. There's an awful lot of judgment in your post(s).

Now I hope this clears up my position.

I'm a religious man myself, and nothing you've said has offended me in the slightest. I guess people are a little too touchy.

devoy1701

After a rather scathing email from someone who will remain anonymous, I want to clear up a few things.

1. I did not say I was against alcohol. I said I do not drink alcohol, but I see no problem with it being available in certain areas of Walt Disney World.

2. I was not making fun of Christianity, I was merely pointing out the flawed logic behind what The Andrews posted and his backtracking/further excuses.

3. The Grape juice/Wine post was not making fun, it was pointing out that wine is fermented and has always had that connotation. I probably could have went about that better, but saying grape juice was being served instead is a rather ridiculous claim.

4. I did not attack the religion. My goal was to explain the passages that had been quoted in layman terms.

5. Yes, I did feel attacked by the OP'er because he insinuated that I liked to drink when it is in fact against my chosen lifestyle. I was merely defending the right of other people. I felt the post was directed at me and thus defended myself when I was being called a sinner.

Now I hope this clears up my position. I'm not a frequent poster on these forums for certain reasons, probably obvious reasons now, but please don't put words in my mouth, quote, or whatever.

I too am surprised this is still going, I'm actually surprised it hasn't been taken down completely off the site and I haven't been warned yet.

Ive enjoyed your comments in this thread! Some people have said things in here that probably could be considered worse than anything you said! I cant believe someone had the nerve to send you a private message scorning you! But please don't stop posting on the forums because some people take the internet waaaaaay to seriously!

Goodnight all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom