Tim Delaney-Valerie Edwards dismissal thread

mcjaco

Spaten Oktoberfest from Germany!:king:

I'll be honest, the beers at the World are not good. Not that I don't drink them while I'm there, I prefer much tastier microbrews. :cool:

Agreed. However, if more than one person has a vested problem with something, that usually does mean that there is a vested issue with something. Basic psychology tells us that.

Or they're all drinking the same kool aid. :p

EPCOT Explorer

Ummm... I believe you to be underage. Meaning that certainly you do not know the taste of beer.
It was a joke...:lookaroun:lookaroun:lol::lookaroun
I'll be honest, the beers at the World are not good. Not that I don't drink them while I'm there, I prefer much tastier microbrews. :cool:

Or they're all drinking the same kool aid. :p
Beer and Kool aid? Inneresting.:lol:

Nah, not really...If a group of individuals all have the same point, it becomes valid.:shrug:

WDW1974

If it's ready by the mid to the end of March, then yes. My last trip to DLR was in '07, and before that '89. I had never been to DCA so, I spent more time there, and missed a lot at DL. I like DL, just not as much as WDW. Or I should say, I like parts of DL more, but overall WDW is my preference. Either way, I'm excited to be going back!

Grand opening is late April. ... But you might see it in March. They're gonna want plenty of soft openings before the grand debut.

As to your preference, we all have them.

I believe DL blows MK away in almost every important category. But I go to WDW more for EPCOT and DAK, the resorts and, until recently anyway, dining. I can get bored at MK. That's never happened at DL, even when I lived 30 miles away.

WDW1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW1974
And I'm just amazed that so many people can't seem to get how you can get great joy out of many of the creative products a company produce, but still have issues with the direction management is taking the company.

You know you can absolutely be disgusted with TDO and still love a ride with 999 Happy Haunts ... or a voyage on the Happiest Cruise That Ever Sailed ... or a glass of chardonay while Illuminations is performed ... or a walk on Pagani Trek at DAK ... etc ...

It's a very simple concept, yet one that so many seem so ill equipped to grasp.

WOW, this is a WONDERFUL point... And one that resonates with me massively.

Especially the chardonay part. :D

Nothing like Drinking Around the World on a crisp December night ...

tirian

I'll be in DCA for WoC's opening. It'll be my first chance to see the new refurbs and the unofficial new attractions—the wall mazes! :lol:

tirian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW1974
And I'm just amazed that so many people can't seem to get how you can get great joy out of many of the creative products a company produce, but still have issues with the direction management is taking the company.

You know you can absolutely be disgusted with TDO and still love a ride with 999 Happy Haunts ... or a voyage on the Happiest Cruise That Ever Sailed ... or a glass of chardonay while Illuminations is performed ... or a walk on Pagani Trek at DAK ... etc ...

It's a very simple concept, yet one that so many seem so ill equipped to grasp.

Nothing like Drinking Around the World on a crisp December night ...

*tsk, tsk*
So you're the drunk who almost puked on me last December.

WDW1974

I'll be in DCA for WoC's opening. It'll be my first chance to see the new refurbs and the unofficial new attractions—the wall mazes! :lol:

I'll be there too!

I'd also expect many of the walls to be down ... likely replaced by new ones on the other side of the park.

WDW1974

*tsk, tsk*
So you're the drunk who almost puked on me last December.

Nope. I have only been drunk enough to puke once in my life (on a catamaran in St. Lucia ... boy, who knew how much alcohol there was in those seven rum punches):ROFLOL:

I did have someone get me with some projectile remnants two years ago at Epcot ... I am amazed it didn't make me ill. One thing I can't handle is vomit!

(what an interesting turn this thread has taken)

SirGoofy

Nope. I have only been drunk enough to puke once in my life (on a catamaran in St. Lucia ... boy, who knew how much alcohol there was in those seven rum punches):ROFLOL:

Rum punch is an evil devil's concoction.

I did have someone get me with some projectile remnants two years ago at Epcot ... I am amazed it didn't make me ill. One thing I can't handle is vomit!

I'm with you. One thing I can't at work do is clean up protein spills.

DisneyNut2007

I can feel what you're saying, but leemac, who has significant WDI contacts, several months ago lamented how that WDI was going to be gradually changing itself from a basically creative organization, into a basically managerial organization. Meaning that it's primary function would no longer be in-house creativity, but rather the nerve center for controlling outsourced and contracted creative consultants.

Or at least, that's how I remember it. :lookaroun

And leemac's been the "anti-74" historically, so to speak. You have to admit, this and similar moves do tend to give a little credance to what he was saying.

I agree that LeeMac has been an anti-WDW1974 type for years, which is one thing I liked about him.

However, his lamenting of WDI's so-called gradual changes, as mentioned in his quote above, comes off as just mere pessimism and makes it seem as if he's becoming a bit more like Doom-and-Gloom 74, IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom