Tim Delaney-Valerie Edwards dismissal thread

jt04

jt, I must admit that that was a well said post, and you are right, that we technically have only heard the beloved Doom and Gloom side of things.:D

However...why!? Why would they get rid of such a good Imagineer? Something doesn't line up, IMHO.

Just knowing what I know, sometimes people can be in a position long enough that they get set in their ways and actually excerpt too much control because they have learned all the "tricks" and where the trip wires are. They sooner or later become more concerned with protecting fiefdoms and their own turf than giving the companies interests first priority. This always happens in the corporate world when folks quit advancing. That is why there always needs to be turnover. It allows people to advance that have earned that right. And they also may know a bit about quality too.

If the former Imagineers are as talented as people say, they will have no trouble finding work. Quality never does.

jt04

The reasons can be seen in the article at the beginning of this thread. She is too quality driven for the Rasulo regime.

Yeah right. Rasulo's Hawaii DVC is 100% quality. Your statement does not match the evidence.

HMF

Original Poster
Yeah right. Rasulo's Hawaii DVC is 100% quality. Your statement does not match the evidence.
Rasulo had to be given a tour of Disneyland before the D23 Expo because he rarely goes there and did not want to look stupid in front of the fans. He has no passion for the parks whatsoever. He markets them with generic "Disney Parks" branding that ignores the individuality of the different resorts. He makes up Promotional Celebrations and puts tacky decorations in the park for them. the only thing he cares about is money.

jakeman

And in case you haven't noticed folks involved in decisions such as these can't respond on a public forum for legal reasons. So, best case scenario we are only getting one side of the story.

However...why!? Why would they get rid of such a good Imagineer? Something doesn't line up, IMHO.
We aren't ever going to know. The only side we are ever going to here from is the side we have. JT is correct, we aren't going to get a real reason from Disney upper management for several reason. Any of which could be because the people in this thread are right, or it could be because she is a massive office supply thief.

We aren't going to know.

I would just refer back to my Ub Iwerks comment.

jt04

Rasulo had to be given a tour of Disneyland before the D23 Expo because he rarely goes there and did not want to look stupid in front of the fans. He has no passion for the parks whatsoever. He does not get the parks' the only thing he cares about is money.

:rolleyes:

Please provide something besides opinion to back these claims or let it go. Actually I don't care one way or the other but DCA, the MK expansion, the new DVC's, the new ships, all indicate otherwise. Again the opinions on this board don't seem to be grounded in the reality of the situation.:shrug:

HMF

Original Poster
:rolleyes:

Please provide something besides opinion to back these claims or let it go. Actually I don't care one way or the other but DCA, the MK expansion, the new DVC's, the new ships, all indicate otherwise. Again the opinions on this board don't seem to be grounded in the reality of the situation.:shrug:
It is a fact that he had to be given a tour of Disneyland. A park which he has been overseeing for 7 years. It is a fact that he rarely visits any of the parks he is charged with.

jakeman

It is a fact that he had to be given a tour of Disneyland. A park which he has been overseeing for 7 years. It is a fact that he rarely visits any of the parks he is charged with.
He was there to preview the HistA theater for possibly bringing back EO.

Come on. You're just making things up now.

Orange Bird

Jay Rasulo does not know his way around the parks. I'm a former CM and have many friends in GR. Jay Rasulo always needs a guide in the park. He comes in, does what he needs to and leaves. He never explores the parks or plays. He does not know what attractions are in what parks.

In case you're curious, Paul Pressler needed a guide, but Richard Nunis, Judson Green and Bob Matheison did not.

EPCOT Explorer

Just knowing what I know, sometimes people can be in a position long enough that they get set in their ways and actually excerpt too much control because they have learned all the "tricks" and where the trip wires are. They sooner or later become more concerned with protecting fiefdoms and their own turf than giving the companies interests first priority. This always happens in the corporate world when folks quit advancing. That is why there always needs to be turnover. It allows people to advance that have earned that right. And they also may know a bit about quality too.

If the former Imagineers are as talented as people say, they will have no trouble finding work. Quality never does.
And you say we Doom and Gloomers have propaganda!?:ROFLOL::sohappy:

We aren't ever going to know. The only side we are ever going to here from is the side we have. JT is correct, we aren't going to get a real reason from Disney upper management for several reason. Any of which could be because the people in this thread are right, or it could be because she is a massive office supply thief.

We aren't going to know.

I would just refer back to my Ub Iwerks comment.
True.

However, we can take educated guesses based on what our "sources" tell us.

What was the Ub Iwerks comment?

He was there to preview the HistA theater for possibly bringing back EO.

Come on. You're just making things up now.
But...Jake...We will never know. ;)

Have a good evening, everyone....

jt04

And you say we Doom and Gloomers have propaganda!?:ROFLOL::sohappy:

That's all the doomers have. I did not know you considered yourself one.

True.

However, we can take educated guesses based on what our "sources" tell us.

Sources? :rolleyes::lol:

What was the Ub Iwerks comment?

I was wondering the same. :veryconfu

WDW1974

Seems to be a lot of propaganda/BS that's being shoved out here in some strange desire to discredit anyone with some actual inside knowledge of the political toxic waste dump that Jay Rasulo and The Weatherman have created in Glendale.

Personal feelings aside, take a look at the talent that's been shoved out the door in Glendale in the past decade. Take a look at how stale many of the parks at WDW have become. Take a look at what projects have been built and compare them to the past.

Why would fans be so quick to defend management? (yeah, I know ... it's just typical post-9/11 America ... if people are in power, they know what they're doing and smarter than the rest of us rubes ... even when they aren't)

Maybe most fans here don't know what happens at Team Disney, but some of us really have a clue now and then.

Losing people the caliber of Tim Delaney and Valerie Edwards isn't good. No matter the reason. And the reason is quite simple: salary plus dedication to a quality standard that Disney no longer follows.

But if you think that means folks are supposed to just assume Disney knows best and the individuals had it coming, you're living in Fantasyland ... and not the uber-kewl set of meet-greet-and-gropes coming to MK in 3-5 years.

The 'logic' that some people use here is mindboggling.

jt04

^ That!

I'm glad you have finally had a breakthrough in coming to terms with yourself. Now keep reminding yourself, "today is the first day of the rest of your life". It might help if you write it down.

:wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Didn't WDW74 and I rehash this already? :lol:
Maybe.
Seems to be a lot of propaganda/BS that's being shoved out here in some strange desire to discredit anyone with some actual inside knowledge of the political toxic waste dump that Jay Rasulo and The Weatherman have created in Glendale.

Personal feelings aside, take a look at the talent that's been shoved out the door in Glendale in the past decade. Take a look at how stale many of the parks at WDW have become. Take a look at what projects have been built and compare them to the past.

Why would fans be so quick to defend management? (yeah, I know ... it's just typical post-9/11 America ... if people are in power, they know what they're doing and smarter than the rest of us rubes ... even when they aren't)

Maybe most fans here don't know what happens at Team Disney, but some of us really have a clue now and then.

Losing people the caliber of Tim Delaney and Valerie Edwards isn't good. No matter the reason. And the reason is quite simple: salary plus dedication to a quality standard that Disney no longer follows.

But if you think that means folks are supposed to just assume Disney knows best and the individuals had it coming, you're living in Fantasyland ... and not the uber-kewl set of meet-greet-and-gropes coming to MK in 3-5 years.

Exactly. Why there is nonchalance and apology for a LOSS of all things, is beyond me. Two Imagineers that have quality and good projects under there belts gone from the company? That's not good at all.

EPCOT Explorer

^ That!

I'm glad you have finally had a breakthrough in coming to terms with yourself. Now keep reminding yourself, "today is the first day of the rest of your life". It might help if you write it down.

:wave:

:rolleyes::lol:

Just because you don't agree with the opinion, jaytee, doesn't mean the logic isn't there.

Hrudey3032

If you are a former Imagineer' would you mind telling us who you are or if not that's OK.

Sounds like this guy here with his indecisions :ROFLOL:

6a00e5538e7b4b88340120a5637fad970b-800wi

jakeman

My Ub Iwerks comment was pointing out how the Internet would have e plissé if if was around when he left the the "company".

I don't see anyone defending this decision. The only thing that is going on here is pointing out that we only have half the story and there may have been a legitimate reason for their dismissal.

I don't understand how pointing out facts or lack there of becomes a defense of management.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom