Tim Delaney-Valerie Edwards dismissal thread

EPCOT Explorer

My Ub Iwerks comment was pointing out how the Internet would have e plissé if if was around when he left the the "company".

I don't see anyone defending this decision. The only thing that is going on here is pointing out that we only have half the story and there may have been a legitimate reason for their dismissal.

I don't understand how pointing out facts or lack there of becomes a defense of management.
That's assuming, IMHO...Something I d not like to engage in.

However, you are right...I always love to think of a DL 1955 Fanboi critisizing Walt in 1959 for upping new TL.:lol:
Stupid iPhone and no edit button in the mobile version. E plissé is supposed fo be exploded.
:lookaroun:lol:

jakeman

That's assuming, IMHO...Something I d not like to engage in.
Both sides are assuming with only half the information. I know the natural response is "why would these folks lie?" but on the other hand why would they tell the truth?

When it comes down to it, two people were fired and we only have second and third hand information to their cause.

Is it a loss? Sure. That can't be denied.

Is the reason the systematic destructed of all forces for good by evil Iger? I don't know. And regardless of how much some folks claim to understand Disney, they don't either.

However, you are right...I always love to think of a DL 1955 Fanboi critisizing Walt in 1959 for upping new TL.:lol:
Exactly. The company will move on.

:lookaroun:lol:
Yeah, such and odd word to choose to replace it. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Both sides are assuming with only half the information. I know the natural response is "why would these folks lie?" but on the other hand why would they tell the truth?

When it comes down to it, two people were fired and we only have second and third hand information to their cause.

Is the reason the systematic destructed of all forces for good by evil Iger? I don't know. And regardless of how much some folks claim to understand Disney, they don't either.

Exactly. The company will move on.

Yeah, such and odd word to choose to replace it. :lol:
:lookaroun

Jake. We are agreeing again. Stoppitplz.:lookaroun:lol:

I seriously think we do this more often than naught...We just say it in very different ways.:lookaroun:lol:

jakeman

:lookaroun

Jake. We are agreeing again. Stoppitplz.:lookaroun:lol:

I seriously think we do this more often than naught...We just say it in very different ways.:lookaroun:lol:
:ROFLOL:
Except about Nemo!

Perspective is a very important thing. It peaks its head in every once and a while around here. Not often though!

WDW1974

You assume that people have 'half the information' ... which, come to think of it, if true would still be a whole lot more than most other folks.

I haven't distorted the truth in any way, nor has anyone else who has posted about both the talent of the individuals in question, how/why they were axed and why it is a trend in Glendale ... and not a good one.

FWIW, I think you took a shot at a few people here (myself included) by suggesting anyone is being dishonest.

The problem isn't the truth. No, the problem is that YOU (and I'll use that to mean a large portion of the fanboi population) can't handle the truth.

No use even responding ... you believe what you choose.

Of course it can. One of this site's old pals has taken to attacking Tim on another site ripping everything from his amazing work in Paris to blaming Paradise Pier on him.

People can argue anything.

Jake, I'll take my knowledege and understanding and raise you a few decades worth.

I don't believe Iger is evil. I do believe he is largely doing a lousy job running the company as a whole and he has no passion for the parks and resorts (unlike everyone who has ever held his position previously). I also believe he takes arrogance to a whole new level at Disney, and that IS saying something ... and, no, unlike his predecessor, I have never met the man.

You like to focus on the little blades of grass without looking at the health of the entire lawn. If you can make people believe this is all about two people losing their jobs, then we don't discuss what's been happening in Glendale for years. A huge talent drain. Downsizing by removing living Disney legends who worked with/for/under the greats. Jay Rasulo putting a vice grip on the organization. And a move toward making WDI a glorified version of UNI Creative.

jakeman

You assume that people have 'half the information' ... which, come to think of it, if true would still be a whole lot more than most other folks.

I haven't distorted the truth in any way, nor has anyone else who has posted about both the talent of the individuals in question, how/why they were axed and why it is a trend in Glendale ... and not a good one.

FWIW, I think you took a shot at a few people here (myself included) by suggesting anyone is being dishonest.

The problem isn't the truth. No, the problem is that YOU (and I'll use that to mean a large portion of the fanboi population) can't handle the truth.
First of you misinterpreted my post and by rereading I can see how that would happen. My lie and truth comment wasn't a shot at anyone here, it was regarding the sources of information that folks may have access to.

Second, why do you automatically assume I'm talking about you? I never mentioned your name.

No use even responding ... you believe what you choose.
So are you saying that you heard from Mr. Delaney or Ms. Edwards themselves? Because if you didn't then that is pretty much the definition of second hand.

I'm not even going to bother responding to the rest of your post as it wasn't directed at you and I don't want to have wade through 3 more paragraphs of "I'm great".

In fact, I think I'm done responding to your post for a while seeing this is how most of the threads go:

You: XXXX is bad.
Me: The situation could be more complicated than that and here is the bright side.
You: You are wrong. I know pretty much everything about Disney. Government, national issue, politics.
Me: Maybe, but what about A, B, and C? Why do you bring up Government, national issue, politics?

Rinse and repeat the last two post until one of us gets tired. It's not fun anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom