Tim Delaney-Valerie Edwards dismissal thread

WDW1974

Which, by coincidence, I will be doing on one evening somewhere between December 9th and the 19th. :D

If you're in the neighborhood.... :drevil:

I do plan on being in the 'hood for some of those days ... the question is 'Who's Buying?':xmas:

(We could toast Tim and Valerie!)

mcjaco

Grand opening is late April. ... But you might see it in March. They're gonna want plenty of soft openings before the grand debut.

As to your preference, we all have them.

I believe DL blows MK away in almost every important category. But I go to WDW more for EPCOT and DAK, the resorts and, until recently anyway, dining. I can get bored at MK. That's never happened at DL, even when I lived 30 miles away.

I heard they were already testing a bit of it over the weekend. So fingers crossed.

There are parts of DL I like much better than MK, like Adventureland, and Fantasyland. Overall, I just like the feel of MK. I think it's based more off the fact that it's the park I grew up going to. Either way, you'll never hear me turn down a chance to go to either!

EPCOT Explorer

I heard they were already testing a bit of it over the weekend. So fingers crossed.

There are parts of DL I like much better than MK, like Adventureland, and Fantasyland. Overall, I just like the feel of MK. I think it's based more off the fact that it's the park I grew up going to. Either way, you'll never hear me turn down a chance to go to either!
Also...size.:shrug::lookaroun

It must be horribly anticlimactic to get out of your car in DL and walk right up to the MSUSA Train Station and MSUSA.

That Monorail ride is all part of it.

Anyone agree, or disagree? I've never been, so....:eek::lol:

jakeman

Also...size.:shrug::lookaroun

It must be horribly anticlimactic to get out of your car in DL and walk right up to the MSUSA Train Station and MSUSA.

You would think, but the entrance plaza thingy is designed that the "entrances" (turnstiles) take up most of your vision. As long as you don't turn around to see DCA behind you, it is really no different than walking from...say...the Contemporary.

You still get that "prepped" feeling of entering a Disney property by walking through their Downtown Disney.

If you think of a compass, DL is west, DCA is east, and DTD is south, so they visually don't intrude on each other.

Lee

Adventurer
If you think of a compass, DL is west, DCA is east, and DTD is south, so they visually don't intrude on each other.

Not to nit-pick...but in reality it would be DL-North, DCA-South, DTD-West, and Bus Stops-East.
:lol:

EPCOT Explorer said:
Anyone agree, or disagree? I've never been, so....
Disagree. DL is awesome, even without the Monorail to the gate.
Actually, I don't recommend riding the Monorail into Tomorrowland, either. Very disorienting for WDW regulars.

EPCOT Explorer

You would think, but the entrance plaza thingy is designed that the "entrances" (turnstiles) take up most of your vision. As long as you don't turn around to see DCA behind you, it is really no different than walking from...say...the Contemporary.

You still get that "prepped" feeling of entering a Disney property by walking through their Downtown Disney.

Still, though!! :eek: You need that Jack Wagner Speil, the flying sensation, the briiiief glimpse of MSUSA....:eek::lol:

I'm sure the DL "this is Walt's Park" feeling makes up for that, anyway.:lol:

EpcotServo

Still, though!! :eek: You need that Jack Wagner Speil, the flying sensation, the briiiief glimpse of MSUSA....:eek::lol:

Nope. A thousand times nope.

The esplanade soon becomes the one true vision of "About to go to a real Disney park."

I've said this before, but stop talking about it until you go, you'll have to eat less words.

EPCOT Explorer

Not to nit-pick...but in reality it would be DL-North, DCA-South, DTD-West, and Bus Stops-East.

Disagree. DL is awesome, even without the Monorail to the gate.
Actually, I don't recommend riding the Monorail into Tomorrowland, either. Very disorienting for WDW regulars.
I would think so, too....Seeing TL before MSUSA and SBC would be odd, thematically.

2012 needs to get here.:cry::lol:

The esplanade soon becomes the one true vision of "About to go to a real Disney park."

I've said this before, but stop talking about it until you go, you'll have to eat less words.
And MK isn't!? Sheesh, Servo, I know you don't have a favorite park, and love them all equally?:rolleyes:

How do the words taste?:lol:

Just asking a question/trying to plot out my thoughts before I get there....Sheesh!

WDW1974

Well, since Mrs. Buried and young Burieds will be along... I'm buying. :cool:

I'll PM you.

Got it and responded. And now I can print out your post as an online voucher:ROFLOL:.

Looking forward to it.

I likely won't be around as much here in the next month anyway as work has drastically (thankfully) picked up. So, most of my online time will be on anotherdisneyplace.com!

WDW1974

I'm 95% sure you'll see it. That's the plan by TDA right now ...

Same here. I don't turn down chances to go to any Disney (or Uni or BEC) parks at all, unless it's to save up for an even better trip.

But, unlike you, although I grew up with MK (didn't hit DL until 1990), I've preferred it since. Even back in those early 90s when the overall quality was very equal in most aspects, I felt that way.

There's a vibe at DL that won't ever be replicated at MK. I feel the same way about EPCOT.

As an aside, I noted today (while killing time on jury duty) that I narrowly missed being in nine of 11 Disney parks in a 12-month span by about five weeks. I'm pledging to do better in the next year ... and UNI Singapore and Japan may very likely see me too!

WDW1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOT Explorer

You tell the brat!!!:):D

He's got soooooo much to learn about true Disney magic. But I have faith in him.

He actually exists and is (mostly) sane and doesn't say live in a trailer in New Mexico blubbering forth mindless drivel, while co-habitating with an enigma.

EPCOT Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOT Explorer

You tell the brat!!!:):D

He's got soooooo much to learn about true Disney magic. But I have faith in him.

He actually exists and is (mostly) sane and doesn't say live in a trailer in New Mexico blubbering forth mindless drivel, while co-habitating with an enigma.
Mostly? I am insulted, sir.:fork:

Yes, give me time. 2012 looms.:lol:

mcjaco

Disagree. There's still a certain magic as you walk up and see the smaller train station. Like, "this is where it all began." The only let down for me, is Snow White's castle. It's just so stinking tiny. Once you get past the smaller size of the park, you find it's just as wonderful as MK. And not as tiring to get around!

sponono88

Disagree. There's still a certain magic as you walk up and see the smaller train station. Like, "this is where it all began." The only let down for me, is Snow White's castle. It's just so stinking tiny. Once you get past the smaller size of the park, you find it's just as wonderful as MK. And not as tiring to get around!

First, it's not Snow White's castle. Second, I like our small castle :lol: A bigger one just wouldn't work with the big Matterhorn mountain right next to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom