Things that gross you out in WDW.

Phonedave

Nice. Any other variations? I think each state should have it's own name for it.

Comes in handy while playing sports :lookaroun

Watch enough professional sports and you may see it on national TV as well.

But, yeah, it is nasty, and not something for a Disney park.

-dave

Phonedave

Can I have a word with you

chris-hansen.jpg

For the record I did not have a 6 pack of beer or a fifth of vodka with me at the time. :)

-dave

sublimesting

Like I said...for 30 some odd years, I've been gripping door knobs, and putting my hands on railings at places like Six Flags and WDW, pulling on door handles, and putting my hands on those nasty old sink faucets, all without the aid of a paper towel, and without scrubbing down my hands afterwards, and I've done just fine. For generations, people have done the same and have done just fine. All of the sudden, within the past 20 or 30 years, we've suddenly become aware of the bacteria that have lived on these things for decades or centuries, and now we think we're gonna catch the plague if we touch them. Ridiculous hogwash. Those germs have been on those things my whole life, and I've been touching them with my bare fingers my whole life and I'm still alive to tell about it. So I'm not about to start worrying about those silly germs now. There's germs all around you and there's not a thing you can do about it. If you were aware of all the germs that are around you at any given time of the day, you'd probably go buy yourself a big plastic bubble and move in there and spend the rest of your days in a bubble.

I just can't believe people would be so hard up and germaphobic as to actually hold a paper towel in their hand to turn a friggin' sink . That's about the stupidest and most pathetic thing I've ever heard of. And I had never heard of washing your hands after gripping the railings in the ride queues until I started posting on this site. Amazing. Absolutely amazing that people can be so paranoid.

Well, I'd rather be hard up, germaphobic, stupid and pathetic than gross. You need to chill out a bit, mate.
And if you were ever in the healthcare field you'd know that being unhygeinic is why diseases spread so rampantly. There is fecal matter on those knobs....later YOU are going to eat it. Maybe you don't get sick but you still ate someone's :hurl:. I also never touch my eyes or nose with my bare hands. Guess what, I haven't even had a common cold in 16 years....cause I'm clean.:wave:

Phonedave

Well, I'd rather be hard up, germaphobic, stupid and pathetic than gross. You need to chill out a bit, mate.
And if you were ever in the healthcare field you'd know that being unhygeinic is why diseases spread so rampantly. There is fecal matter on those knobs....later YOU are going to eat it. Maybe you don't get sick but you still ate someone's :hurl:. I also never touch my eyes or nose with my bare hands. Guess what, I haven't even had a common cold in 16 years....cause I'm clean.:wave:

Psssst, there is fecal matter everywhere :)

Really, I think there are two extremes here.

I don't do the paper towels to open the door, carrying hand sanitizer, not touching my nose, not touching handrails things.

However

I also wash my hands (well) after using the bathroom and before eating.

I had step once about 8 years ago. Aside from that, my 16 year record is pretty much the same as yours :)

-dave

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Surely you are mistaken? It definitely has to be those in the blue shirts when you consider that the most bought size of a Rangers jersey is XXXL. Hmm, overweight, sweaty and wearing blue!!! Not a pretty sight. ;)

But unlike soap dodging hoop wearers said blue nylon shirt will not represent 100% of the trip luggage. Nor will the trip be funded by welfare and Big Issue sales. :drevil:

sublimesting

Psssst, there is fecal matter everywhere :)

Really, I think there are two extremes here.

I don't do the paper towels to open the door, carrying hand sanitizer, not touching my nose, not touching handrails things.

However

I also wash my hands (well) after using the bathroom and before eating.

I had step once about 8 years ago. Aside from that, my 16 year record is pretty much the same as yours :)

-dave

There really isn't fecal matter everywhere, at least not in the quantity there is on certyain items like faucets. So, if you think you wash your hands in a public bathroom and you touched a , think again.

i am not extreme either, but in certain situations I am more cautious. Public bathrooms are majorly nasty. I will touch railings and rides etc. I will not wipe my eyes and nose with my fingers as that is about the #1 way of getting sick. So why risk it. i don't walk about with a napkin for opening doors and such but I do like to maximize how clean my hands are if I am going to eat and would assume NOT grab feces laced faucets if I can help it.

I worked in a resort in college in housekeeping. Housekeepers routinely used toilet washing rags to clean the remote control, tables and phones etc. I think things are alot more gross than people give them credit for.

eddiemcgarrigle

But unlike soap dodging hoop wearers said blue nylon shirt will not represent 100% of the trip luggage. Nor will the trip be funded by welfare and Big Issue sales. :drevil:

Oh my, that's a rather bigoted statement and surely has no place on this forum. :(

It's just as well that most of this forum's users will have no idea what you are prattling on about.

lennonluvr9

The turkey legs come to mind for me, not so much the turkey legs themselves, but seeing the various ways people attempt to eat them. And one more thing came to mind, this one time I was in line for POTC, which was quite long, all the way around underneath that overhang. Anyway, this kid in front of me had a stuffed Mickey and everytime the line moved he would rub it up and down the chains as he was walking. Never stopped the whole time I was in line...except for when he put the Mickey on his face after rubbing it on every chain...

Figment632

Original Poster
The hotel rooms in general, I won't well around them barefoot and I bring sheets. Also I shower with sandals on just think of how many people use them each year yuck!

sbkline

There really isn't fecal matter everywhere, at least not in the quantity there is on certyain items like faucets. So, if you think you wash your hands in a public bathroom and you touched a , think again.

i am not extreme either, but in certain situations I am more cautious. Public bathrooms are majorly nasty. I will touch railings and rides etc. I will not wipe my eyes and nose with my fingers as that is about the #1 way of getting sick. So why risk it. i don't walk about with a napkin for opening doors and such but I do like to maximize how clean my hands are if I am going to eat and would assume NOT grab feces laced faucets if I can help it.

I worked in a resort in college in housekeeping. Housekeepers routinely used toilet washing rags to clean the remote control, tables and phones etc. I think things are alot more gross than people give them credit for.

You kind of remind me of a guy at work. In the breakroom, there is the men's room, then a couple of water fountains, and then the women's room. And there for a while, on dougnut day, they would put the rack of doughnuts against the wall outside the men's room. There's this one guy at work who would refuse to eat a doughnut because of, as he put it, all the fecal matter in the air floating out of the men's room and infecting the doughnuts. Of course, everyone else thought he was being pretty extreme and I had no problem eating the doughnuts. I'm sure what he said and what you say is true...there probably is fecal matter on those knobs and floating around in the air getting on the doughnuts. But so what? This old world is full of germs and other ickies floating through the air, yet we breath this air daily and we do just fine. There are so many microbials floating around in our air and getting on the surfaces of things that you would probably refuse to eat anything for the rest of your life if you knew about them. You and others may think I'm a disgusting, unhygenic slob, but my rule of thumb is that if it's too microscopic for me to see, then I ain't gonna worry about it. If I saw a smear of feces on that faucet, then no, I wouldn't be touching the faucet. But if I can't see it without a microscope, then I don't give a rat's butt about it. I just chalk it up to the many ickey things that are all over the place, but which exist in such minute quantities that they have no effect on us. So I'll continue to wash my hands, then turn the faucet off and get those microscopic fecal microbes on my hands and then go out and enjoy lunch...feces and all. :ROFLOL:

And by the way, I rarely get sick either. Once or twice a year, I come down with that little overnight flu bug or something...where I get the chills, have no energy and just go home and bury myself under the blankets. I get my fall/wintertime colds like we all do, but that's about it. I'm pretty healthy, despite being a disgusting slob who handles food with fecal infected hands. ;)

DisneyPrincess5

The hotel rooms in general, I won't well around them barefoot and I bring sheets. Also I shower with sandals on just think of how many people use them each year yuck!

And my DBf gave me crap for bringing my own pillowcases?
I just don't like my face on theirs. IMO, eww.

I don't mind the sheets but that's a great idea if you do mind them!
Most people never think of that stuff.

DisneyPrincess5

Great point!
Which is why I shut the faucet off with the back of my hand and open the door with a paper towel and toss it onto the floor as I'm walking out!
If it's between the cleanliness of my hands or the bathroom floor...my hands win!

Thankfully though I find that Disney doesn't really have too many main bathroom doors (but the one at Cosmic Rays comes to mind...) which is lovely.
It's just open and you walk around the corner.

sbkline

Great point!
Which is why I shut the faucet off with the back of my hand and open the door with a paper towel and toss it onto the floor as I'm walking out!
If it's between the cleanliness of my hands or the bathroom floor...my hands win!

Thankfully though I find that Disney doesn't really have too many main bathroom doors (but the one at Cosmic Rays comes to mind...) which is lovely.
It's just open and you walk around the corner.

You people are hillarious! Why don't you all just wear latex gloves everywhere you go, and a mask over your mouth and a utility belt like Batman's...except instead of weapons hanging from it, you would have all kinds of wipes and disinfectants.:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Phonedave

That last statement IS my point. Everything is "gross". I worked for 7 years in HS and college in a grocery store, in all departments - Dairy, Deli, Grocery, Produce (oh lord is produce bad) and the Meat Room. The Butcher is most likely the cleanest place - as far as in the other departments ..... lets just say that if you are worried about fecal matter on faucets you should also be worried about maggot remains, mealy moth bodies, general dirt, and other assorted goodies on your food. For that matter, food handling employees are supposed to wash their hands after using the bathroom. Maybe they do, maybe they dont, but I can assure you, none are turning off the tap with a paper towel before they prep the lettuce you bought for your salad (you did wash that lettuce before you ate it - right)

OK, so what it the point of my disgusting take, aside from putting most readers off their feed? It to show that "nasty" things are everywhere and unless you want to live in a lysol soaked bubble, you are going to encounter them. If using a towel to turn off a tap makes you feel better, then by all means do it, but there are plenty of other things to encounter on your way to your lunch.

-dave

DisneyPrincess5

You people are hillarious! Why don't you all just wear latex gloves everywhere you go, and a mask over your mouth and a utility belt like Batman's...except instead of weapons hanging from it, you would have all kinds of wipes and disinfectants.:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

All I said was that I open the bathroom door with a paper towel...that is actually not uncommon at all.

sbkline

All I said was that I open the bathroom door with a paper towel...that is actually not uncommon at all.

I know it's not uncommon. That's why many new Walmarts are being built now with no bathroom doors. Instead, they have those little maze things you walk through to get to the bathroom, to appease the masses of germaphobes who are afraid to touch a door handle. :rolleyes:

But no matter how common that kind of silliness is, I'm still gonna think that people who use a paper towel to open a door or turn of a faucet are a couple fries short of a happy meal, and in major need of some therapy.

DisneyPrincess5

I know it's not uncommon. That's why many new Walmarts are being built now with no bathroom doors. Instead, they have those little maze things you walk through to get to the bathroom, to appease the masses of germaphobes who are afraid to touch a door handle. :rolleyes:

But no matter how common that kind of silliness is, I'm still gonna think that people who use a paper towel to open a door or turn of a faucet are a couple fries short of a happy meal.

:lol: That's a good one...never heard that before.

Ok so be it then.
I'm no germaphobe for the record, but I'd rather be a few fries short than touch those nasty door handles!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom