Things that gross you out in WDW.

magicmaya

Ok, the grossest thing I saw at Disney was a family that got off Splash Mountain and gave the "Kentucky Salute".

Now I never heard of this before and it was in fact a friend from kentucky who called it that so don't get upset with me...I'm just calling it waht the natives do.

Apparently there was a big splash (go figure...on SPLASH MOUNTAIN) and the Dad, Mom and teenage son all apparently got some water up their nose. Now picture, if you will...a three person Kentucky Salute...right in front of Splash Mountain

1. Each person holds their left thumb to their nose, effectively blocking the left nostril

2. In unison they blow as hard as they can forcing water and various other fluids (and a few chunky things) out of their right nostril

3. Repeat on other side.

4. Walk away from the puddle of gunk as if nothing happened.

and, this is what i saw right after eating at Pecos Bill's :hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl::cry::eek:

I just had a baby barf!

I never get wet on splash Mountain! I always sit in the front or the back too!

WDW Monorail

I will relay - what is in my opinon - the best Brazillan tour group story ever.

During the middle of the day I was on the bus from I believe AK, back to SSR. Well that bus makes a stop at Blizzard beach. On this bus was myself, the driver, and one other guy.

Well it had just started to rain when we got to BB. A whole troop of young Brazillian girls had decided to leave, and their proctors wanted them all to stay together, so they all jammed onto our bus. It was PACKED solid with young Brazillian girls, most of whom were in bikinis.

They got off the bus first, and the driver has this huge grin on his face. The other guy in the bus just looks at me and says "they aught to make that a regular ride, and charge extra"

-dave

Take me with you next time you go down.

I know Portuguese :D

I_heart_Tigger

oooohhhh...I just remember another one from a few years ago.

I was longing at the Port Orleans - French Quarter pool when a dad and two kids, twin girls about 10 or 11 years old, spread out on the loungers next to me. For some reason they had tons of bags and were not in their swimsuits, obviously had just left the parks and didn't bother going back to the room before going for a swim.

Enter Mom with the kids swimsuits...the only problem is that both suits were identical (much like the kids) and she said, that she wasn't sure whose suit was whos and if these were the suits that were clean since according to her "There a bathing suits all over the room"

So the dad grabs one of the girls suits...smells the crotch of it and hands it to one of the girls saying, this one is yours give the other one to your sister.

I just don't know what to say here :lookaroun

figmentisgreat

I was longing at the Port Orleans - French Quarter pool when a dad and two kids, twin girls about 10 or 11 years old, spread out on the loungers next to me. For some reason they had tons of bags and were not in their swimsuits, obviously had just left the parks and didn't bother going back to the room before going for a swim.

Enter Mom with the kids swimsuits...the only problem is that both suits were identical (much like the kids) and she said, that she wasn't sure whose suit was whos and if these were the suits that were clean since according to her "There a bathing suits all over the room"

So the dad grabs one of the girls suits...smells the crotch of it and hands it to one of the girls saying, this one is yours give the other one to your sister.

:eek:

could he have been looking very intently at the size on the tag??

DisneyPrincess5

:eek:
:ROFLOL:
WOW!

sarah91182

I think I would have called security :hurl:

sbkline

Your rant is off base. The toilet seat is actually far cleaner than the faucet. By touching the faucet AFTER washing you are negating the washing. It may not cause an epidemic but i do not want to eat after someone wipes then touches a faucet then I touch said faucet. Might as well not wash your hands in that case then the only germs you need to worry about are yours. Thinking about this is the method people that prepare my food use disgusts me. Also you are wrong that diseases won't be spread this way. Thisis EXACTLY how diseases are spread.

I have a method I use
1. Dispense paper towels first (if there are none get some TP).
2. Wash hands
3. Dry on pre-dispensed paper towels.
4, Use said towel to turn off faucet and open bathroom door.
5. A good restrom has a trashcan near the door just for this purpose

Like I said...for 30 some odd years, I've been gripping door knobs, and putting my hands on railings at places like Six Flags and WDW, pulling on door handles, and putting my hands on those nasty old sink faucets, all without the aid of a paper towel, and without scrubbing down my hands afterwards, and I've done just fine. For generations, people have done the same and have done just fine. All of the sudden, within the past 20 or 30 years, we've suddenly become aware of the bacteria that have lived on these things for decades or centuries, and now we think we're gonna catch the plague if we touch them. Ridiculous hogwash. Those germs have been on those things my whole life, and I've been touching them with my bare fingers my whole life and I'm still alive to tell about it. So I'm not about to start worrying about those silly germs now. There's germs all around you and there's not a thing you can do about it. If you were aware of all the germs that are around you at any given time of the day, you'd probably go buy yourself a big plastic bubble and move in there and spend the rest of your days in a bubble.

I just can't believe people would be so hard up and germaphobic as to actually hold a paper towel in their hand to turn a friggin' sink . That's about the stupidest and most pathetic thing I've ever heard of. And I had never heard of washing your hands after gripping the railings in the ride queues until I started posting on this site. Amazing. Absolutely amazing that people can be so paranoid.

EpcoTim

Nice. Any other variations? I think each state should have it's own name for it.

Farmers blow was what we called them in Chicago and I heard Alabama handkerchief when I was living in Vegas. I'd be willing to bet every region has a name for this lovely act.

hrcollectibles

Can I have a word with you

chris-hansen.jpg

Would you like some milk with those cookies....

One thing that grosses me out is seeing people making out. I mean I believe there is a time and place for everything. I like to hold hands and maybe a little kiss but not an all out make out session ...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Like I said...for 30 some odd years, I've been gripping door knobs, and putting my hands on railings at places like Six Flags and WDW, pulling on door handles, and putting my hands on those nasty old sink faucets, all without the aid of a paper towel, and without scrubbing down my hands afterwards, and I've done just fine. For generations, people have done the same and have done just fine. All of the sudden, within the past 20 or 30 years, we've suddenly become aware of the bacteria that have lived on these things for decades or centuries, and now we think we're gonna catch the plague if we touch them. Ridiculous hogwash. Those germs have been on those things my whole life, and I've been touching them with my bare fingers my whole life and I'm still alive to tell about it. So I'm not about to start worrying about those silly germs now. There's germs all around you and there's not a thing you can do about it. If you were aware of all the germs that are around you at any given time of the day, you'd probably go buy yourself a big plastic bubble and move in there and spend the rest of your days in a bubble.

I just can't believe people would be so hard up and germaphobic as to actually hold a paper towel in their hand to turn a friggin' sink . That's about the stupidest and most pathetic thing I've ever heard of. And I had never heard of washing your hands after gripping the railings in the ride queues until I started posting on this site. Amazing. Absolutely amazing that people can be so paranoid.

I think you hit on something here.

Before people were sooo concerned about germs, most people had actually built up immunity to a lot of them.

Now you have people go to such great lengths to avoid all germs, that if they ACTUALLY come in contact with any, they are susceptible to many illnesses that they could have avoided by not avoiding the germs in the first place.

hrcollectibles

Maybe they were related to the Hogans?

And I agree with Sbkline...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom