Things that gross you out in WDW.

sbkline

:lol: That's a good one...never heard that before.

Ok so be it then.
I'm no germaphobe for the record, but I'd rather be a few fries short than touch those nasty door handles!

I'll have a full order of fries, then touch the door handle, and then eat those fries without worrying about what kind of microbes may have been on that door handle. :p:ROFLOL:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Maybe a paper towel isnt such a bad idea

pain_in_the_butt________bum_scratch.jpg

KingStefan

Your rant is off base. The toilet seat is actually far cleaner than the faucet. ... 5. A good restrom has a trashcan near the door just for this purpose

Why oh why oh WHY did you wake up the sleeping bear? After three months of peace and quiet!

I do admit that it makes for a lively thread, though, and seems to have encouraged people to actually post on the original topic as well, so maybe it's not so bad!

njDizFan

for the record I find little if nothing truly disgusting. I am the complete opposite of a germaphobe.....but my DW on the other hand....

the thing that grosses her out more than anything else is milk?!
if she ever saw a "kitchen sink" sundae, she would be querzie for weeks.

just the idea of a whole family slobbering and sharing in this mass of melting Ice cream. I could just see her face as like 5 people and little kids just dipping their saliva covered spoons into that melting mily concoction would be priceless....:hurl::ROFLOL:

sbkline

Why oh why oh WHY did you wake up the sleeping bear? After three months of peace and quiet!

I do admit that it makes for a lively thread, though, and seems to have encouraged people to actually post on the original topic as well, so maybe it's not so bad!

Who is the "sleeping bear"? Me, or the thread in general? :lol:

I was just thinking...I've never really gotten into the whole "look for hidden Mickeys" thing when at WDW. But after reading and participating in this thread, I don't think I'll be able to go to WDW ever again without keeping my eye out for people using a paper towel to turn a or open a door. :ROFLOL:

sbkline

for the record I find little if nothing truly disgusting. I am the complete opposite of a germaphobe.....but my DW on the other hand....

the thing that grosses her out more than anything else is milk?!
if she ever saw a "kitchen sink" sundae, she would be querzie for weeks.

just the idea of a whole family slobbering and sharing in this mass of melting Ice cream. I could just see her face as like 5 people and little kids just dipping their saliva covered spoons into that melting mily concoction would be priceless....:hurl::ROFLOL:

:ROFLOL:

On a more serious note, and not really on topic I must admit, you just brought up something that I have been wondering about regarding our next trip to WDW. If we meet up with a couple friends, and all go over to tackle the kitchen sink, will they give us all seperate bowls in which to scoop out portions of the kitchen sink and share it without having to dip our saliva covered spoons into the sundae over and over again?

And for the record, even though I don't consider myself a germaphobe and I don't care about touching sinks and doorknobs, in case anyone wonders, I do think it would be a little gross for 4 adults to all eat out of the same bowl. :D

sbkline

I think my favorite thing is that I looked and the picture and said "oh, she's wearing American Eagle jeans..."

Your mind isn't in the gutter as much as mine, then, because the first thing I thought when seeing that picture is "depends on how hot or ugly she is from the front as to whether I consider it gross to touch a faucet after her or not". :D:lol:

figmentisgreat

Your mind isn't in the gutter as much as mine, then, because the first thing I thought when seeing that picture is "depends on how hot or ugly she is from the front as to whether I consider it gross to touch a faucet after her or not". :D:lol:

well, me being a female and all might have helped my mind stay out of the gutter :p:animwink:

sublimesting

You may THINK it is OK because that may be how you were brought up, but that doesn't mean it is the correct way. People like you are THE reason we have hepatitis outbreaks in our food. Your level of hygeine is why you are sick several times per year and I am never sick. People like you are why pandemics like the plague spread so well. You are the one who is a few fries short of a happy meal if you think microscopic things won't kill you. Those microscopic things are the #1 killer in the world! It doesn't make ya more of a man or more sane to not worry about those things, it just kind of makes you ......icky. :zipit:

I'm not being a germophobe but there are certain places where germs run completely amuck. At my gym some people kept wearing hospital scrubs from the hospital into the gym to work out. I notified the manager to stop this practice but he didn't listen. Now there are 5 people who have caught MRSA at that gym. So, yay for not keeping clean!

sbkline

You may THINK it is OK because that may be how you were brought up, but that doesn't mean it is the correct way. People like you are THE reason we have hepatitis outbreaks in our food. Your level of hygeine is why you are sick several times per year and I am never sick. People like you are why pandemics like the plague spread so well. You are the one who is a few fries short of a happy meal if you think microscopic things won't kill you. Those microscopic things are the #1 killer in the world! It doesn't make ya more of a man or more sane to not worry about those things, it just kind of makes you ......icky. :zipit:

I'm not being a germophobe but there are certain places where germs run completely amuck. At my gym some people kept wearing hospital scrubs from the hospital into the gym to work out. I notified the manager to stop this practice but he didn't listen. Now there are 5 people who have caught MRSA at that gym. So, yay for not keeping clean!

I never said I get sick several times a year. I said that I get the normal cold/sinus thing that many of us get in the fall when the weather is starting to change. And that once or twice a year (normally in December, January or February), I get a little 12 hour flu bug or something. Where I start feeling crappy during the day at work, get the chills, no energy and just go home and bury myself under blankets and sleep. By the end of the night I'm usually feeling better and after sleeping through the night, I wake up the next morning almost as good as new. So I think that kind of thing is due more to the weather than anything else. And since that's about the extent of my sickness throughout the year, I think I'm doing pretty good and I think it has nothing to do with turning doorknobs.

sublimesting

You sound like the definition of one.

Incorrect. I just don't touch stuff in the bathroom that people who just moments before touched after relieving themselves.
If you had any clue how many diseases were spread unecessarily by lack of hygiene. Sorry but most humans are more disgusting than animals. :rolleyes:

KingStefan

Who is the "sleeping bear"? Me, or the thread in general? :lol:

I was just thinking...I've never really gotten into the whole "look for hidden Mickeys" thing when at WDW. But after reading and participating in this thread, I don't think I'll be able to go to WDW ever again without keeping my eye out for people using a paper towel to turn a or open a door. :ROFLOL:

The "sleeping bear" is the whole slightly OT sub-thread on bathroom faucets and doorhandles. Posts were about delightfully gross stuff for three months after your post in late Feb. Then, over 150 posts later, sublimesting quoted you, and as soon as he did, I said to myself "uh oh", 'cause I knew the whole faucets and handles thing was about to take off again!:lol:

I never said I get sick several times a year. I said that I get the normal cold/sinus thing that many of us get in the fall when the weather is starting to change. And that once or twice a year (normally in December, January or February), I get a little 12 hour flu bug or something. Where I start feeling crappy during the day at work, get the chills, no energy and just go home and bury myself under blankets and sleep. By the end of the night I'm usually feeling better and after sleeping through the night, I wake up the next morning almost as good as new. So I think that kind of thing is due more to the weather than anything else. And since that's about the extent of my sickness throughout the year, I think I'm doing pretty good and I think it has nothing to do with turning doorknobs.

Dude, I was gonna' say something the first time you posted this, but then I thought it'd be better just to let it go by. But really, if you're gettin' that cold/sinus thing every year in the fall, and a feverish chill kinda' thing a couple times a year, you're gettin' sick, man.

I have varying opinions on the hand washing thing, but if you're getting sick that much, don't you think that just maybe it might have something to do with not washing your hands properly or frequently enough?

And while I (like you) do not obsess over hand washing, it's well documented that failure to wash properly after the ol' #2 spreads disease to other people, and also that frequent and effective hand washing and avoiding touching ears, nose, and eyes when exposed to other people with an infection of some kind reduces your chances of getting it.

sbkline

The "sleeping bear" is the whole slightly OT sub-thread on bathroom faucets and doorhandles. Posts were about delightfully gross stuff for three months after your post in late Feb. Then, over 150 posts later, sublimesting quoted you, and as soon as he did, I said to myself "uh oh", 'cause I knew the whole faucets and handles thing was about to take off again!:lol:

Dude, I was gonna' say something the first time you posted this, but then I thought it'd be better just to let it go by. But really, if you're gettin' that cold/sinus thing every year in the fall, and a feverish chill kinda' thing a couple times a year, you're gettin' sick, man.

I have varying opinions on the hand washing thing, but if you're getting sick that much, don't you think that just maybe it might have something to do with not washing your hands properly or frequently enough?

And while I (like you) do not obsess over hand washing, it's well documented that failure to wash properly after the ol' #2 spreads disease to other people, and also that frequent and effective hand washing and avoiding touching ears, nose, and eyes when exposed to other people with an infection of some kind reduces your chances of getting it.

Man, you make it sound like I'm a regular at the ER or something. :ROFLOL: Again, all I said is that I get the annual cold like pretty much all of us do and that I get that feverish thing once a year...maybe twice. I would say that's pretty normal, if not better than most people do. I don't know anyone who has a habit of going through the year without feeling under the weather at some point during the 365 days of the year. I don't know anyone who doesn't get the sore throat and stuffy nose that is common in the fall with cold/sinus season. But I make mention of feeling under the weather a couple times a year and you say something like me "being sick that much" as if the ER staff knows me by name.

Again, I don't think those instances have anything to do with touching faucets, or pulling on door handles, etc. If it did, I'm sure I would be sick a whole lot more often than that. I'm sure it has more to do with the weather than anything else. And even if it is from that, so what? If I catch cold, I catch cold. Being sick is part of life and ya just have to suck it up and be a man about it and get through it. And I go by the idea that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Maybe by not worrying about silly things like that, all I get is a one night flu/chill thing, whereas for those germaphobes who use a paper towel to open every door and turn every faucet, when they catch a bug, they're laid up for two or three days and have to go to the doctor. I never go to the doctor for my colds, nor for my fever/chill thing. I just suck it up, ride it out and it passes on its own.

But again, there are germs all around us, floating around in the air, on surfaces that we wouldn't even think of. I don't think in the grand scheme of things, a door or a faucet is going to make much difference. You might use a paper towel to pull open that door, and then walk right outside into someone's sneeze cloud without even knowing it.

Germs are all around us folks. Get used to it; they aren't going anywhere.

Phonedave

My thought were along those lines as well. :D

-dave

sublimesting

I didn't realize there was a faucet debate 3 months prior...Man, I miss all the good stuff......I have a habit of not looking at dates when I post stuff. Although, not as bad as the person on here that brought up an arguement from years prior and argued with someone who hadn't been active in like 2 years..:wave:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The crunching noise human bone makes under my feet as its trampled on after failing to maintain the required velocity at Epcot opening whilst walking in the direction of Soaring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom