The New Fantasyland

WDWFREAK53

It says "Belle Attraction." The area is too small for a dark ride. I don't know what it is. I doubt it's just a themed "meet and greet" since there are other spots on the prints labelled as Meet and Greet (Ariel and Pooh).

Maybe they are moving "Storytime with Belle?" :shrug:

Ragetti

People with children enjoy attractions and rides like Disneyland's fantasyland has.

I was asking why YOU specifically are so excited over it. Unless your a father of young girls I don't understand why your acting like this is the best thing to happen to Disney World ever.

Well, I AM the father of a young girl... though I expect she'll be getting out of her "Princess Phase" by the time this expansion is done. But I gotta tell ya, I think you're all wet. I think this new expansion looks like a great addition, and I think it will pull in the punters. Sure, I'd like to see another dark ride or two (A BatB dark ride would R. O. C. K. imo), and "Villian Land" would still be on my want list. But the BatB area looks like it could be a wonderful piece of themeing. And YES, MK DESPERATELY needs another TS restaurant.

This expansion isn't my "ideal" but it looks pretty damned good from my point of view.

Scar Junior

It says "Belle Attraction." The area is too small for a dark ride. I don't know what it is. I doubt it's just a themed "meet and greet" since there are other spots on the prints labelled as Meet and Greet (Ariel and Pooh).

According to the "map" this area seems to be too small to be a BatB show (which I wanted to come from the DHS/MGM). It might be a Belle meet and greet (as mentioned before), but it seems too big and the blueprint would've said otherwise. Perhaps it's the rumored 'Storytime with Belle' or whatever it's called...

jakeman

With regards to the constant "moving" of attractions that has become all the rage, I just can't see that happening to anything but a stage show.

You can't just pick up the attraction and tote it across the park like Roller Coaster Tycoon. You are pretty much destroying one attraction and building another one.

That can't be as cost effective as just building a brand new one. I would think any savings because of parts reuse would be wasted due to retheming the area of the old attraction.

MattyFresh

This catfight is making it very hard to talk about the news...can we stop this please? Move to chit-chat? This is old. A couple of people have had very valid points and they have been lost in the squabble. All parties are to blame. Can we pick up our purses and move on?

:fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork:

Soooo... as much as I love hearing you guys argue. (Please get each other's AIM s/n's and talk about it in your spare time.) I had a post #521 on page 35... any thoughts to anything on that? I know it was a while back and I didn't want to repost it, but it seemed to have gotten lost in the beginnings of this ridiculous argument.

jt... Thanks for your optimism it keeps us going and believing.

Conundrum... Thanks for bringing us back to reality sometimes... oh and for Shigeru Miyamoto dressed as a cowboy.

Can we just agree to disagree and not attack constantly. Let's just hope whether this is fake or not that something is being done, and if not, we all know that we're still going to go to WDW or else we wouldn't all be on this page talking about it. So many threads are ruined by this bickering. I mean, the last 3 or 4 pages are worthless. :(

Sorry, I know I'm fairly new so, flame me all you want but this is getting out of hand.

thank you both for saying what many are thinking right now. way to often now is anything that might be truth or possibly nothing at all, just starts a bunch of childish bickering. I mean do you not have anything better to do then argue online??? some people do like to try and read this, but your pages of pointless banter that does nothing for your credit but make you come off as childish and immature, makes it impossible to keep any kind of continuity.

aladdin2007

:wave:
No, I don't mean the big circular room in the middle of the building that holds the Under The Sea production number part of the ride. I'm talking about the smaller circular area in the northwest corner of the building.

Follow both the Standby queue (the longer one) and the Fastpass queue (the shorter one) and notice that they lead to the loading area that is the circular pattern of vehicles that appear to descend and "disappear" into the level below.

That to me looks like a circular loading area of the Omnimover, much like the original Omnimover had with Disneyland's Adventure Thru Inner Space attraction from 1967. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TGo4qE9oTCo/Rf1Q2teH30I/AAAAAAAAAGk/O2h47f5ABf4/s400/innerspace.jpg

Except this time in the Mermaid application it continues to spiral down beneath itself and to a lower level. I would have to imagine that's going to be a whirlpool effect to descend beneath the sea.

This is also the kind of schematic detail that has led me to believe this blueprint many of us now have saved on our computers is in fact a legit document. :wave:

Ohhh ok yes I see what you mean now with the circulars. Thanks for clarifying, its all just so much to take in right now and get use to. :wave:

MousDad

If Mermaid is shaping up like it appears, I'm perfectly happy with the new plans. 1 new E, an expanded, thoroughly immersive land, the capacity vicegrips loosened, a new TS - I'm good with this one.

My only fear is some of this being changed or slashed. But I think it's a good sign that this supposedly came from Bob and the board. Hopefully, they'll keep Jay in his corner.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
This catfight is making it very hard to talk about the news...can we stop this please? Move to chit-chat? This is old. A couple of people have had very valid points and they have been lost in the squabble. All parties are to blame. Can we pick up our purses and move on?

:fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork:

I agree and if it doesn't stop there is going to be a mass-banning to clean house. :mad: Because, I, for one have had it with the chidish bickering all the time.

enfilm

I missed the plans yesterday. I'm an architect so I'm always interested in disney blueprints. If someone could PM me so I can get a copy it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ed

MattyFresh

I missed the plans yesterday. I'm an architect so I'm always interested in disney blueprints. If someone could PM me so I can get a copy it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ed

if you go back a couple of pages or do a search, they are all over the internet on several different sites.

whylightbulb

...another great point was that most blueprints refer to the real names, not just teacups or the incorrectly spelled carousel, when its really cinderellas golden carrousel and we all know its not called indy race cars, which is what is says on that map. sooooooooo i dunno yet :shrug:
Actually this makes the case for authenticity more probable. When I was at WDI and when I have worked with WDI recently I have gotten teased for being a nomenclature "nazi". More than once I have had to correct my colleagues for things like calling Tomorrowland "the future land", or Tower of Terror the "drop ride". I guess that's what happens when you start your career in operations. I have seen many plans with incorrect nomenclature more than once.

sublimesting

I wonder why they did not expand Fantasyland back farther and just leave Toontown where it is. It seems cheaper than removing TT. It would actually be cool themingto walk through an enchanted forest and pop out in a cartoon village. Also Toontown could be expanded out behind where Tomorrowland is in the future. Now that area behind Tomorrowland is kind of sealed off with only an expantion of Tomorrowland and Fantasyland available to it.

RSoxNo1

To be fair, the 1 Billion Dollar DCA Extreme Makeover has two (2) E Tickets;
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure that opens in 2011 and Radiator Springs Racers that opens in 2012.

Unless you don't consider Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise or It's A Small World to be E Tickets, of course.

The DCA expansion also includes two C Tickets, Luigi's Flyin' Tires and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, and a B Ticket with the Pacific Electric Red Cars. And a heap of themeing and the night spectacular World of Color. The new WDI website is up today by the way, http://www.disneyscaliforniaadventure.com Amazing artwork at that site!

That said, it is a little odd that this Fantasyland remodel is rumored to be in the $500 Million range for a budget, but it only includes one actual new ride, plus an extra Dumbo spinner, and four heavily themed Princess meet n' greets. I would have thought there would have been at least one additional attraction that involved a moving ride vehicle, if not two of those, for a $500 Million price tag.

But maybe the new Princess meet n' greets are going to be cooler than we think? :shrug:

My understanding is that Little Mermaid would be considered a D ticket, but the presumption is that it would be comparable in scope to Mansion or Pirates. Also, I was under the impression that World of Color's budget was not part of the $1.2 billion. With that said, the amount of major additions that make up that $1.2 billion isn't as large as it would be if they were just adding attractions, and no attemtps at retheming/rebranding the entire park.

-I definitely see "Cheese Coaster" in the smaller lettering over by Barnstormer. I think it's quite possible that Mickey is getting his own coaster, perhaps with a Meet n Greet worked in there somehow.

-Something random, but can anyone make out what it says between Gaston's Tavern and the Mermaid attraction? It says very faintly "Relocated Hood ?????". Whatever it is, it's definitely within the "Be Our Guest/Gaston" area boundary.

-Oh, one last thing... With them moving Dumbo *away* from the roof of the Utilidors, maybe we'll FINALLY see those water features under the elephants installed????

The Cheese Coaster is obfuscated by the actual coaster track. I don't think it actually says Cheese Coaster. I think what you're reading between Gaston's Tavern and Mermaid is "Area Restrooms". The water effects sound cool, but I really think it would be a great idea to have the Spinners under a big top as well.

I don't know if it's "most likely" the aladdin spinner, but I think we can agree we "hope" it is the aladdin spinner. I'm not sure how people jumped to the conclusion that it's "likely" the aladdin system that will be put in the new location.

On a similar note... does anybody know if Disney has backup spinner arms, cars or motors on hand? This would help clear up if they would retro-fit aladdin, or just build a new dumbo.

I believe both Dumbo and Aladdin are 16 vehicles per Spinner. The Aladdin vehicles have 2 rows, and Dumbo has one. If they could make it so they have two Dumbo Spinners with 2 rows each that would be a huge capacity increase.

sublimesting

The writing on the Barnstormer says something Coaster. It looks like it reads "Cheese Coaster", but there's track interfering with the text. I don't think it reads Mine or Dwarves Coaster, but that seems to indicate some level of retheming.

Maybe it says Chess Coaster and is Alice in Wonderland themed. i doubt it and don't really see how chess fits with Alice now that i type it out. A cheese coaster would be fun now that I consider it. It could be like a giant cheese wedge and your coaster could be Jac or Gus running all over and throughout it.

However I can give you the names of the attractions on the various plans I have :

-Cinderella's Chateau
-Triton's Treasure
-Ariel's Undersea Adventure
-Ariel's Meet & Greet
-Gaston's Village
-Lefou's Creperie
-Scuttles Scavenger Hunt
-The Village Book Shop
-Be Our Guest Restaurant
-Enchanted Tales with Belle
-Enchanted Mirror Room
-Sleeping Beauty's Birthday Surprise

Lets take a look and break down these rumored attractions:

-Cinderella's Chateau

I’m sticking to my guns that this will be a meet and greet. From my past experiences with Entertainment I can't imagine it as anything else. Disney has marketed Meet and Greets as attractions before, see Character spot at EPCOT. The way it appears to be set up is a queue off to the side that leads into a central room with a room on each side. Each room has Large capacity to hold a full queue to meet with Cindy. It looks all to similar to the Princess and VIP set up presently in TTF.

Also could be a short show. Set up with a small stage area. It looks very viable for either. It seems like if these set ups are really shows than there is alot of new programming coming from entertainment, which is believable, and also impressive.

-Triton's Treasure

Merch themed over by VoTLM

-Ariel's Undersea Adventure

VoTLM looks like a winner. Hopefully will be themed to the max, We need it.

-Ariel's Meet & Greet

Little hard to get a clear idea from the plans. I assume it will be set up much like the grotto with an rock for Ariel to camp on. Looking at the plans I see a queue that leads into the southern most party of the VoTLM building. Then down where her M&G is indicated it looks like there could be another two room set up. Disney loves to use this to help increase the guest flow to see the characters by double. Its hard to see a clear way in and out on the plan but it looks like this is a similar setup to the Cinderella house.

-Gaston's Village

I think this may be Gaston's Tavern on the plans. Also Liberty Tree is a Tavern and there is no beer so I would expect the same here. No beer in MK, sorry to dash anyone’s dreams, just don't see that rule changing, especially in FL.

-Lefou's Creperie

Gaston's side kick, Could be a side kick to his tavern as well... maybe

-Scuttles Scavenger Hunt

RFID? maybe, merch shop? maybe, but I don't think so, only one is attached to VoTLM, and Tritons Treasures seems like a better bet than this. Hope for a fun interactive experience.

-The Village Book Shop

Shop connected to the BOG complex looks like it could be located to the south of Belles spot as that little stand alone building.

-Be Our Guest Restaurant

I think has the potential to be the sleeper superstar of this whole area. If done well with good food and some great AA's could be a real winner.

-Enchanted Tales with Belle

So this kind of debunks my whole fancy M&G idea. I could see this being a story time with Belle, split in two. looks like there are two show rooms again and probably will be a short show that continuously runs, doubled up to help guest flows.

-Enchanted Mirror Room

Looks like the small room behind cindy is marked mirror. It looks really small, leads me to think it will be a room guests can walk in and out of and a CM will be controlling the mirror similar to Crush and MILF and interact with guests. Seems like guest flow might be an issue, but it looks too small to be a really organized show, hard to get a solid grasp on this.

-Sleeping Beauty's Birthday Surprise

The one I have the least idea on. It's obvious where this is, but there is no chance for a double set up. Seems strange since they went with the double idea for Cindy, Belle, and Ariel, why not Aurora? My guess is another small show featuring Aurora. Interesting thing I see on the plans is no real area for a queue. Could this be a walkthrough attraction? Remember that Aurora's birthday is when she gets put to sleep, so it could have to do with that. Idk on this one.

Ok so that’s my take on what the OP sad was the real new stuff. Dumbo, barnstormer, the castle wall, and pixie hollow are all left off, which makes this expansion seem huge. Like it or not, I’m a huge E ticket guy, and wish there was a huge coaster going in but, I appreciate and am looking forward to this.

What do you guys think?:veryconfu

EPCOTPluto

Admittedly, these plans do distract from the unfortunate accidents that recently occurred...

But what can one expect? Everyone seem to have their own 'improved' perspective on this...

ToTBellHop

all very interesting. As for the thoughts that TLM may be a show due to the large circular area in the middle, that also looks a lot like the model John Lasseter is viewing here, no? http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...rniaAdventureCom&bhcp=1#p=VideosLittleMermaid My view on the document itself is that it looks pretty legit--if it is a fake, someone (talented at architectural drawing) went through a LOT of work to make a fake. The only question really is whether or not this is the final plan they are going with or if it is just one of the options.

If this does happen, it'll be weird going back to only 6 lands.

EPCOTPluto

The only question really is whether or not this is the final plan they are going with or if it is just one of the options.

If this does happen, it'll be weird going back to only 6 lands.

:eek: I wonder if there's more available, then.

And yes, it would be weird, since it was 1987 the last MK had 6 lands. I hope Toontown stays.

Mikieboy84

When I was still a kid in 1987 I was never into toon town and I think a bigger fantasyland is a much better idea, more stuff for the whole family to do rather than a whole section just for kids makes more sense to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom