The New Fantasyland

Figment632

When I was still a kid in 1987 I was never into toon town and I think a bigger fantasyland is a much better idea, more stuff for the whole family to do rather than a whole section just for kids makes more sense to me.

But if you have little boys and not girls it will be a hard sell for me.

Lets take a look and break down these rumored attractions:

-Cinderella's Chateau

I’m sticking to my guns that this will be a meet and greet. From my past experiences with Entertainment I can't imagine it as anything else. Disney has marketed Meet and Greets as attractions before, see Character spot at EPCOT. The way it appears to be set up is a queue off to the side that leads into a central room with a room on each side. Each room has Large capacity to hold a full queue to meet with Cindy. It looks all to similar to the Princess and VIP set up presently in TTF.

Also could be a short show. Set up with a small stage area. It looks very viable for either. It seems like if these set ups are really shows than there is alot of new programming coming from entertainment, which is believable, and also impressive.

-Triton's Treasure

Merch themed over by VoTLM

Looking closely at the plans the Cinderella Attraction / Chateau has to be a live action show...
You enter from the front, get split to 2 stages, then exit to either side of the theatre. There is a hallway that wraps from the right around the back with about 5 smaller room (most likely dressing rooms) and end at the left with what looks like a stairwell leading down to the tunnel that leads under the Belle Attraction to the backstage area.

Tritons Treasure would be small Merch across from Ariel M&G (behind Cindy)

EPCOT Explorer

Time to way in again!:lol:

Y'all don't stop, do you?

To be fair, the 1 Billion Dollar DCA Extreme Makeover has two (2) E Tickets;
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure that opens in 2011 and Radiator Springs Racers that opens in 2012.

Unless you don't consider Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise or It's A Small World to be E Tickets, of course.

The DCA expansion also includes two C Tickets, Luigi's Flyin' Tires and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, and a B Ticket with the Pacific Electric Red Cars. And a heap of themeing and the night spectacular World of Color. The new WDI website is up today by the way, http://www.disneyscaliforniaadventure.com Amazing artwork at that site!

That said, it is a little odd that this Fantasyland remodel is rumored to be in the $500 Million range for a budget, but it only includes one actual new ride, plus an extra Dumbo spinner, and four heavily themed Princess meet n' greets. I would have thought there would have been at least one additional attraction that involved a moving ride vehicle, if not two of those, for a $500 Million price tag.

But maybe the new Princess meet n' greets are going to be cooler than we think?
:shrug:
I'm thinking so. Heavily themed, maybe interactive with the new RFID tech, and very Disney esque....If it turns out the way I envisioned it.
Very similar to plans I heard about 2 years ago. This will do alot to alleviate the chaos and pain of Fantasyland. Also, another Table Service for them to exploit with characters and high prices. Everyone wins!

Hope the interactive Pixie lanterns come to fruition also...
It sounds fine to me.:D Capacity FTW...Hopefully in the years to come, they will also add attractions to this.

If Mermaid is shaping up like it appears, I'm perfectly happy with the new plans. 1 new E, an expanded, thoroughly immersive land, the capacity vicegrips loosened, a new TS - I'm good with this one.

My only fear is some of this being changed or slashed. But I think it's a good sign that this supposedly came from Bob and the board. Hopefully, they'll keep Jay in his corner.
Yep. I'm thrilled with it. They are listening.
:eek: I wonder if there's more available, then.

And yes, it would be weird, since it was 1987 the last MK had 6 lands. I hope Toontown stays.

I'm thinking rename...:shrug: ToonTown won't fit anymore.

Looking closely at the plans the Cinderella Attraction / Chateau has to be a live action show...
You enter from the front, get split to 2 stages, then exit to either side of the theatre. There is a hallway that wraps from the right around the back with about 5 smaller room (most likely dressing rooms) and end at the left with what looks like a stairwell leading down to the tunnel that leads under the Belle Attraction to the backstage area.

Tritons Treasure would be small Merch across from Ariel M&G (behind Cindy)

Im pretty sure tritons treasure will be the merch site closer to the B&B village are near the queue to the ride itself. The are behind cindy, like i said in my post, is the mirror. I think it says mirror not merch, kinda hard to tell. But the mirror is otherwise unaccounted for and it only seems to make sense.

Disneyfan1981

-Gaston's Village

I think this may be Gaston's Tavern on the plans. Also Liberty Tree is a Tavern and there is no beer so I would expect the same here. No beer in MK, sorry to dash anyone’s dreams, just don't see that rule changing, especially in FL.

-Lefou's Creperie

Gaston's side kick, Could be a side kick to his tavern as well... maybe

If Gaston's Village turns out to be a restaurant I could see Lefou's Creperie being an offshoot place where you can pick up themed counterservice similar to the San Angel Inn and its CS location outside across from it.

DocMcHulk

According to the blueprints as many of you have already found for yourself, Disney is looking to cut out Toontown almost entirely? It doesn't make sense to me, why would a land so popular get the axe? I know it isn't as appealing to the adults as the kids, but I guess I don't understand the reasoning behind slashing Toontown.
from what I see, it looks like they would be taking out It's a Small World???

vonpluto

Lets take a look and break down these rumored attractions:

-Cinderella's Chateau

I’m sticking to my guns that this will be a meet and greet. From my past experiences with Entertainment I can't imagine it as anything else. Disney has marketed Meet and Greets as attractions before, see Character spot at EPCOT. The way it appears to be set up is a queue off to the side that leads into a central room with a room on each side. Each room has Large capacity to hold a full queue to meet with Cindy. It looks all to similar to the Princess and VIP set up presently in TTF.

Also could be a short show. Set up with a small stage area. It looks very viable for either. It seems like if these set ups are really shows than there is alot of new programming coming from entertainment, which is believable, and also impressive.

-Enchanted Mirror Room

Looks like the small room behind cindy is marked mirror. It looks really small, leads me to think it will be a room guests can walk in and out of and a CM will be controlling the mirror similar to Crush and MILF and interact with guests. Seems like guest flow might be an issue, but it looks too small to be a really organized show, hard to get a solid grasp on this.

-Gaston's Village

I think this may be Gaston's Tavern on the plans. Also Liberty Tree is a Tavern and there is no beer so I would expect the same here. No beer in MK, sorry to dash anyone’s dreams, just don't see that rule changing, especially in FL.

What do you guys think?:veryconfu

My take:

The location is "Cinderella's Chateau", which features the "Encanted Mirror Room" attraction/show/Turtletalk screen. The Chateau appears to have two queues, which feed the "show" areas on each side. The crescent shape in each area could be a Turtle Talk type screen, hence "The Enchanted Mirror Room".
Egress would be toward the Mermaid ride thru the room marked "merch", not "mirror".

Gaston's Village could be the area containing the Tavern, restrooms and merch locations.

GothMickey

My take:

The location is "Cinderella's Chateau", which features the "Encanted Mirror Room" attraction/show/Turtletalk screen. The Chateau appears to have two queues, which feed the "show" areas on each side. The crescent shape in each area could be a Turtle Talk type screen, hence "The Enchanted Mirror Room".
Egress would be toward the Mermaid ride thru the room marked "merch", not "mirror".

Gaston's Village could be the area containing the Tavern, restrooms and merch locations.

You know what doesn't make sense though, unless I am forgetting, but, I don't remember a magic or enchanted mirror in Cinderella. I remember it in Snow White though. Why would they put a magic or enchanted mirror in Cinderella?

GothMickey

hmmm... asked to remove them? That lends some legitimacy if you ask me.

I think we all agree. But, other sites have posted them and have not taken them down. If real, I assume Disney would have ordered these sites to remove them immediately, like Steve did here. UNLESS, Disney wants these plans out there. :lookaroun

GothMickey

My take:

I am thinking Gaston's Tavern is going to be a counter service section of Be Our Guest restaurant, kind of like how Sommerfest is the counter service of Biergarten in Epcot.

RSoxNo1

The map we are looking at seems to have more to it. If you look at the bottom right corner there's a piece of a down scroll arrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom