The main hurricane Charley thread (for WDW & Central Fla. discussion)

PhotoDave219

wannabeBelle said:
OK What did I say to get slammed like that?? I did not mean to put down Michael and if anything have been supportive within this board regarding him. I dont know Michael personally, but I happened to think that was just a really nice picture of Michael and Rob!!!!! Why would you think I was picking on him?? or did I really miss something big?? and at least I Am not ashamed to sign my name to something I write!!!!!! Belle
Its a horrid photo. And The man has been through enough, i dont see the need to make his life any worse. Thats my opnion.

And a second thing, you want good photos of Disney, click on the linnk in my Sig. Those are photos....

Woody13

barnum42 said:
Big news here was the village of Boscastle in Cornwall almost being swept away by floods yesterday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/3571844.stm

Nowhere near the same scale of devastation as Charley, and it looks like despite 15 people as yet unacounted for they do not expect any fatalities.
I just saw a video on the evening news about the flooding at Boscastle in Cornwall. I hope you are right about the fatalities, however, they said on the news that 15 cars had been swept into the harbor and were now on the bottom. Unfortunately, they might have had passengers. Let's hope for the best!

wannabeBelle

PhotoDave219 said:
Its a horrid photo. And The man has been through enough, i dont see the need to make his life any worse. Thats my opnion.

And a second thing, you want good photos of Disney, click on the linnk in my Sig. Those are photos....
Dave I cant agree with you more...you do some amazing pictures of Disney just in general. I have always enjoyed your photos and think most of them look more like a postcard than a simple picture. It is obvious that you put a lot of creative talent and love of the art form behind your work.
I thought the pic of Michael anbd Rob was just very cute. No hidden meanings, no double entendres, nothing weird at all. I am glad to see Michael out and about and obviously having a nice time in the parks!!!! I dont get what was so wrong about that?? And if anything it was a refreshing sight to see after all the destruction of Charley. Just my humble opinion!!! Belle

wannabeBelle

DDuckFan130 said:
You got slammed for that?! I'm sorry that happened Belle. This is starting to get ridiculous because you said nothing wrong at all. I liked that picture as well...so bring it on!! :lol:.

Oh, and I'm glad to hear that pretty much all of our members are here and accounted for. This is great news!!
Thanks so much for the support DDuckfan!! I appreciate it!!! Belle

DDuckFan130

PhotoDave219 said:

When you put it that way, I see what you mean definitely. But I agree with Belle in that I liked it because it's nice that he's been able to return to some kind of normal life without having to re-live what happened. Sorry if my post indicated otherwise.

Edit: Forgot to say that I've looked at most of your photos already. They really are awesome :wave:.

GoofyFan1

Wow Belle I thought I was pretty with it, but I don't understand why you got slammed. :veryconfu The pictures were very good, I enjoyed them.

tigger248

I, personally, liked MKT's photo of himself and Michael. I think it was wonderful to see him in a positive situation type photo and happy. The only previous photos I'd seen of him were very negative, so the happy face was definitely good to see. I don't really think that photo makes his life worse, although I do think that from here on he needs to be able to have as normal a life as possible. I just don't think the photo really strays from that, it just allows us to see him happy and at a place where he obviously still loves.

WeirdOne

I just wanted to check in.

BUT, I must add that I am most CERTAINLY NOT okay by any means. A small concussion is the start of it. - The WeirdOne :(

BTW - like 7+ pages and no one mentioned me either :(

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
fine... what was Michaels mood? Happy. He agreed to have the photograph taken with me and put up, he was in a good mood when I saw him, he's happy to get on with his life and get back to work.

How does putting the photo up do anything bad Dave... please tell me. Give me a good reason, and it's removed from my site.

Erika

PhotoDave219 said:

Even if the negative-rep-point-giver felt this same way, why would BELLE get slammed? She's not the one who posted the picture. It makes no sense to me. :veryconfu

WDWFREAK53

Umm...Dave...you do take nice pictures...but are you saying that the only good pics on this site are in your album? If so...that's pretty darn conceited of you.

What was wrong with that pic? I could see if Rob was promoting the pic as "Look what I got...I managed to get a pic of the dude that was up for molestation charges" but he wasn't...he simply posted a pic of himself and Michael as if any one of us posted a pic of us with friends/acquaintances...so are you saying that those aren't good pics either?

Sorry...just don't see what was wrong with the pic...I, for one, thought it was a good picture of both people...having a good time. ESPECIALLY if Michael gave Rob permission to post it. I'd like to hear a good reason for Rob to remove it too...because I can't come up with a single one.

EDIT: Rob...thanks for posting that!

Erika

mkt said:
fine... what was Michaels mood? Happy. He agreed to have the photograph taken with me and put up, he was in a good mood when I saw him, he's happy to get on with his life and get back to work.

It's good to know that he is in good spirits :)

Atta83

OK guys this is getting to a point of stupidness here. Some pics here are getting to the point of repediveness. WOW "another" tree down.....whoppie freakin doo. You guys need to lay off Dave a little right now, he was just voiceing his opinion just like everyone else. Like most ppl say and what I am going to say is that ifyou have a problem with it then PM him not start this on a board that just tacky.

Yes, Rob getting a pic with Michael thats fine. But dont you think this guys been through enough already..then a pic with Rob LOL JK , just had to put that in there.

Erika

:lookaroun

Did you ever get the feeling that you've missed something completely?

That's me right about now. :wave:

*sits happily in the dark*

ogryn

Erika said:
:lookaroun

Did you ever get the feeling that you've missed something completely?

That's me right about now. :wave:

*sits happily in the dark*

Totally. Just sit and nod occassionally, whilst throwing in a random smile.

PhotoDave219

The odd part about this is that this thing is dead and done with. I expressed my opinion, that i dont agree that with what belle said. I did it off line through our lovely rep points. Which is what they are there for. It wasnt A slam, i was expressing my opinion, which ihave done.

I'm not about to get into the ethics of tabliod photography, which is exactly what i think you did in this case Rob. I'm not saying to remove it, I'm saying to leave the guy alone. I'm tired of my profession being looked upon as vultures, etc, because of photographers who feel iit necessary to follow around celebrities, etc, in an effort to make a buck. (Rob youre getting caught in the middle of this. Ive told you that i didnt agree with it and we left it there.)

Brian.... My photos aren't the only good ones on this sight. Theyre some of the best in most cases. Sure it may souind concided and arrogent and egotistical, but 9 times outa 10 mine are gonna come out on top. I can name a handful of people who are in the same category as me on these forums (Bamboo7, Donickco, and a couple others) but theyre either professionals or advanced amatures. I could go on, but then i'd be just my arrogant, egotistical self.

My reasons for disliking that photo are merely ethical, i feel its an invasion of privacy if the person isnt in a newsworthy situation or performing on stage. Thats just my 2 cents. Can we let this drop now that all parties involved havehad their say?

wannabeBelle

Atta83 said:
OK guys this is getting to a point of stupidness here. Some pics here are getting to the point of repediveness. WOW "another" tree down.....whoppie freakin doo. You guys need to lay off Dave a little right now, he was just voiceing his opinion just like everyone else. Like most ppl say and what I am going to say is that ifyou have a problem with it then PM him not start this on a board that just tacky.

Yes, Rob getting a pic with Michael thats fine. But dont you think this guys been through enough already..then a pic with Rob LOL JK , just had to put that in there.
Hi Atta!!!! I Agree, all opinions are valid here, but when you get slammed for one and the person doesnt sign their name to it, that was the problem I had with it. THAT was why I posted that on the thread. A simple PM would have been preferrable. Now that this is a done issue, Id like to drop it and get back to the business of the thread, that is to show love and support to all our Florida friends who have been through so much with Hurricane Charley!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom