The main hurricane Charley thread (for WDW & Central Fla. discussion)

Woody13

sillyspook13 said:
From USA Today....

"The luxury vacation haven of North Captiva Island, which can be reached only by air and boat, was divided in two by Charley's storm surge, creating a new inlet that appears to be several hundred yards long, Lee County spokesman Pat O'Rourke said. The island's main road was submerged, but the extent of damage to homes was not determined."

Obviously one island town that will never be the same..... :eek:
The break in Captiva Island will fill back in naturally if given the chance. Offshore sand island splits and fills are common in Florida.

BwanaBob

I should have more concrete info as to the status of operations and 'new info' from Sarasota, Venice, Charlotte Harbor, Punta Gorda very soon. As of current, everything is at the same degree as I reported 24 hrs ago. With the exception of busloads...and I mean BUSLOADS of relief to 'take over' for the people who have been there since Saturday morning.

WDWEric

Does anybody have pictures of damage inside the parks? would be nice to see how much damage(if any) were done to the parks.

WDWFREAK53

THANK YOU TO ALL!!!!

My mother just got a call...SHE HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!

Just got the word about 2 minutes ago!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

General Grizz

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

It does get scary! People don't have phone service, or can't leave the house (powerlines or trees), and of course, power is out. But I am so glad she was found!

Erika

WDWFREAK53 said:
THANK YOU TO ALL!!!!

I'm so happy to hear it! What a relief for her husband.

Al

WDWFREAK53 said:
THANK YOU TO ALL!!!!

That's fantastic news, it's good to hear!

PhotoDave219

WDWEric said:
Does anybody have pictures of damage inside the parks? would be nice to see how much damage(if any) were done to the parks.
We're working on it. Its mainly downed trees and some damaged theming here and there. No big damage at WDW.

WDWFREAK53

Thanks!

Just talked to her husband personally.

He was very emotional/spiritual with me...

His words:

"When the phone went dead...I had this pit in my stomach for the longest time...the whole drive down...and then...right before I got a call from her telling me where she was...the pit was gone and I felt happy...but I didn't have a reason to be happy...but I was just in a really good mood...and, what seemed instantly, the phone rang...it was a restricted number...I picked it up...and the most beautiful voice in the world was on the other end. It was like I "KNEW" she was ok...but I had no way of knowing it."

EDIT: Forgot to add...the house is gone...no roof, no garage doors, and all the windows are busted out...major damage to the front wall of the house.

wannab@dis

It's great to hear the good news of family's that are fine, but mixed with sadness for the other losses spoken about in the above posts. Life is fragile and we never know what will happen next, so we should all make it a point to live right and always do the right things. We never know what tomorrow holds.

It's also refreshing to see the images and hear that things are fine in the world of the mouse. Even though it's not the most important thing on everyone's mind, it's good to know that the damage is limited and life goes on despite the troubles of the past few days.

It was also great to hear of the help that Disney is offering to the people in Central FL and the cast members that was affected by Charley. It is the Disney difference that keeps us here on this site and keeps us coming back for more visits.

ogryn

They reakon that the remenants of Bonnie will be effecting us from Now through Thursday, and then the remenants of Charley will hit us on Saturday, plus then Danielle looks like she is heading our way for next week.

Looks like the rest of summer is wet 'n' windy!

barnum42

ogryn said:
They reakon that the remenants of Bonnie will be effecting us from Now through Thursday, and then the remenants of Charley will hit us on Saturday, plus then Danielle looks like she is heading our way for next week.

Looks like the rest of summer is wet 'n' windy!
Big news here was the village of Boscastle in Cornwall almost being swept away by floods yesterday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/3571844.stm

Nowhere near the same scale of devastation as Charley, and it looks like despite 15 people as yet unacounted for they do not expect any fatalities.

wannabeBelle

wannabeBelle said:
MKT, Thanks so much for the awesome pic of you and Michael!!!!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!! Belle
OK What did I say to get slammed like that?? I did not mean to put down Michael and if anything have been supportive within this board regarding him. I dont know Michael personally, but I happened to think that was just a really nice picture of Michael and Rob!!!!! Why would you think I was picking on him?? or did I really miss something big?? and at least I Am not ashamed to sign my name to something I write!!!!!! Belle

DDuckFan130

wannabeBelle said:
OK What did I say to get slammed like that?? I did not mean to put down Michael and if anything have been supportive within this board regarding him. I dont know Michael personally, but I happened to think that was just a really nice picture of Michael and Rob!!!!! Why would you think I was picking on him?? or did I really miss something big?? and at least I Am not ashamed to sign my name to something I write!!!!!! Belle
You got slammed for that?! I'm sorry that happened Belle. This is starting to get ridiculous because you said nothing wrong at all. I liked that picture as well...so bring it on!! :lol:.

Oh, and I'm glad to hear that pretty much all of our members are here and accounted for. This is great news!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom