The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I went to Home Depot and bought a HEPA filter. I need it 1. Because of the renovation and 2. Because I probably need it anyway. They were so nice at Home Depot. I mentioned I have asthma and they carried the filter to the checkout and out to my car. I guess it helped that I don't sound too good.

Anyway, so I'm running the filter wherever I happen to be in the house (literally, I carry the thing from room to room) and our contractor is running a HEPA vacuum in here tomorrow, and my grandma is coming to clean. Yes, this sounds weird, but she used to clean houses for a living so I asked her to come clean and told her I'd pay her. I think she likes it; I've noticed she'll start randomly cleaning. I think she's a neat freak and gets satisfaction from it.

Anyway, Belle likes the HEPA filter. Can't figure this one out.
View attachment 384067

I hope this helps. All I know about construction, remodeling, etc., is that it makes a lot of dust all over the place. As a kid, I remember my mother doing a deep clean after the kitchen was remodeled.

With your asthma, it must be a real issue; and hopefully, the air will clear sufficiently today. I had to laugh about Belle -- she's testing out the new HEPA filter to make sure it's o.k. for you. She thinks it's her duty! :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I started reading books about WWII when I was about 8 or 9. I had no immediate relatives that were ever in the war, but, for some reason, the whole world, essentially, being at war during that time intrigued me.
I also read about other events leading up to it such as the Nánjīng Massacre, the Spanish Civil War, etc.
But, my main “studying”, on my own, was from the time of the Nazi Blitzkrieg on Poland on Sept. 1st, 1939, to the unconditional surrender of the Japanese aboard the USS Missouri in Tokyo Bay on Sept. 2nd, 1945.
I’ve read and watched about so much of it, including dragging body parts away on an aircraft carrier that were left after a kamikaze attack, to the stench and the flys with all the bloated corpses of the Pacific Island hopping campaign, to the liberation, all too late for so many, of the Nazi concentration camps, and emaciated corpses being piled up like cord wood, and everything in between. Such unimaginable, unbelievable atrocities.
But, unfortunately, and as we all know, similar attrocities continue around the world to this day, and as I post, although not in a “world war” situation...at this time.
I, actually, also had up to WWII history curriculum in both JH in No Cal, and HS in Texas.
Sorry to, maybe, bring the thread down a bit, but, it was already being discussed, so I thought I’d throw my 2 cents worth in as well.

Well, since a few others have weighed in on this topic, I will, too. We had history lessons (up through WW II & Korea as well), from grade school through high school. As I recall, the only part missing from the curriculum were any of the more graphic, intense images. Other than that, it was a fairly accurate historical timeline taught in our school system. (As an adult, I learned/saw a lot more of what was not included, in the student curriculum.)

MySmallWorldof4

In the complete and total "what the hell" department, I got contacted out of the clear blue sky today from a producer who wants to turn this play I wrote in college into a tv series. Having been around the block a few thousand times, I'm not exactly holding my breath, but I guess you never know....

https://www.samuelfrench.com/s/869/spotlight

SPOTLIGHT
"From the author of the hit plays Devil Boys From Beyond and The Crumple Zone comes this hilarious one-act about college theatre majors waiting for the cast list for West Side Story to be posted.....and the aftermath. A finalist in HBO's New Writer's Workshop and a Second Place winner at the American College Theatre Festival, Spotlight is a fast-paced comedy about the desperate drive to succeed, and delusions that get in the way."

View attachment 383859
And just when something good happens, I open my mail and AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!
View attachment 383863
Talk about being thrown into a manic depressive state. :oops:One minute your flying on cloud 9, and the next minute you're down in the dumps. Guess that's what happens when you open your mail. Maybe you need to stop doing that?;):hilarious: Good luck with the play! It would be really cool if it really became a tv show. I would watch it and I don't really watch tv anymore.

MySmallWorldof4

For breakfast this morning I had the savory porridge with peanuts on top.
View attachment 383889

I was the first one of my family for breakfast and I tried the sweet pandan porridge. :grumpy:🤮🤢
View attachment 383891
It became the Beverly of the table with each new person trying it, and everybody else exclaiming how delicious it was.
A great start to our day. :D
I heard that you either love pandan or hate it.

MySmallWorldof4

My wife's sister lives with her husband and their 3 children in Batam Indonesia.
I've been a selfish and poor relative. I've never traveled over to Asia to see them.
I am finally taken the trek to literally the other side of the globe and doing the "better late than never" visit.
My wife and daughter have gone more than once. I've always stayed behind.
Here is an aerial view of Batam Indonesia.

What a diverse island. A bustling city and beautiful countryside. I noticed they also drive on the wrong side of the road. :hilarious:

MouseDreaming

So, maybe someone here can enlighten me, because I'm just not getting it... I heard they are changing HS fastpass tiers, and most everything is a tier 1, except for 1 ride. How are you suppose to get thru all 3 fastpasses so you can start scheduling more?
I think that most of the shows are still tier 2. Someone else maybe knows better. Wether or not you use the fp's you have scheduled is up to you. I would be looking to space them as close together as possible. If you get one you know you don't want, maybe aim for that to be number 3, scheduled for when you eat lunch.

MySmallWorldof4

93boomer

Premium Member
So, maybe someone here can enlighten me, because I'm just not getting it... I heard they are changing HS fastpass tiers, and most everything is a tier 1, except for 1 ride. How are you suppose to get thru all 3 fastpasses so you can start scheduling more?
Yeah that is the one thing that bugs me. I end up having to use multiple days to get the one FP we want that I couldn’t the first go around. We usually just have to wait until that hour is up to get extra FPs. 😉

Songbird76

It's a warm and sticky last day....no air conditioning
I feel your pain. At my work yesterday, 6 people either passed out, or got physically ill from the heat and had to be sent home. We were warned to make sure we drank plenty of water, not switch from downstairs to upstairs too often, and if we were walking, especially upstairs, to start slow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom