The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, maybe someone here can enlighten me, because I'm just not getting it... I heard they are changing HS fastpass tiers, and most everything is a tier 1, except for 1 ride. How are you suppose to get thru all 3 fastpasses so you can start scheduling more?

There's a number of threads about this -- one forum is all about using My Magic Plus, FastPass and Tiers, etc.

Here is also a link to N&R about the new tier system at DHS. Maybe this thread and the forum listed above might be helpful. I can't speak to any of this, because I haven't been to WDW since last year. It sounds fairly complicated and doesn't seem to allow for as many fastpasses to the major attractions as before. I wish they would have just left the older FastPass system in place, or just eliminated the entire fastpass concept entirely. The whole thing seems to stress out a lot of guests, so you're not alone.

wdwfan4ver

I might be one of the few who never had to read that. I was in the regular level in sixth grade for English. Well, they figured out pretty quickly that I needed to be in the advanced class and stuck me there for seventh and eighth grade. Sixth grade Advanced read Anne Frank. Eighth grade regular read Anne Frank. Missed it.
I see things changed from my era to yours.

For me, I read it in High School. The High School I went to had Anne Frank and other books that students had to read including Mice and Men.

wdwfan4ver

My DD hates FPs!
I can't blame her.

I think What Disney did for Miniature Golf is pretty bad though with Disney now allowing people to book tee times in advance.

My problem is Miniature Golf is weather sensitive and booking it ahead of time is a bad idea. It is well known that Florida is called the lightning capital of the world and booking a game of miniature golf way ahead of time is taking a huge chance.

When I usually go to WDW, it is in the late August/ early September time frame. That time frame is capable of rain. The other thing is that time of the year is when travel insurance is a must due to it being in Hurricane season.

I think anyone in their right mind don't want to play Miniature golf or regular golf when there is lightning or when it is raining outside.

Rista1313

I might be one of the few who never had to read that. I was in the regular level in sixth grade for English. Well, they figured out pretty quickly that I needed to be in the advanced class and stuck me there for seventh and eighth grade. Sixth grade Advanced read Anne Frank. Eighth grade regular read Anne Frank. Missed it.

I never read it either.

StarWarsGirl

I can't blame her.

I think What Disney did for Miniature Golf is pretty bad though with Disney now allowing people to book tee times in advance.

My problem is Miniature Golf is weather sensitive and booking it ahead of time is a bad idea. It is well known that Florida is called the lightning capital of the world and booking a game of miniature golf way ahead of time is taking a huge chance.

When I usually go to WDW, it is in the late August/ early September time frame. That time frame is capable of rain. The other thing is that time of the year is when travel insurance is a must due to it being in Hurricane season.

I think anyone in their right mind don't want to play Miniature golf or regular golf when there is lightning or when it is raining outside.
I get your point but...

For mini golf, it's phone reservations only at this point, and I don't think they're doing a credit card guarantee, so if you don't show, no huge loss. We've sometimes walked up and found it to be an hour or more wait. Calling the night before for a tee time would be nice.

Last time we waited 30 minutes for it in the winter, which wasn't bad. They had a giant outdoor Connect Four Board outside for kids to play with. After watching some kids play for a while, my dad said, "Come here so I can beat you at this." I won.

donaldtoo

Well, since a few others have weighed in on this topic, I will, too. We had history lessons (up through WW II & Korea as well), from grade school through high school. As I recall, the only part missing from the curriculum were any of the more graphic, intense images. Other than that, it was a fairly accurate historical timeline taught in our school system. (As an adult, I learned/saw a lot more of what was not included, in the student curriculum.)

Yep, we were not shown the gruesomeness, attrocities, etc., in school, but, I was able to find a lot of that on my own in book stores and our local library.
In 7th grade our history teacher (Mr. Wigglesworth - no joke regarding his last name) did a whole 2 weeks on WWII, as he had fought in the war. Learned a lot from that.
Later on in high school back here in Texas, I had a good friend who’s father used to fly missions in an A-7 Corsair off of a carrier during the Vietnam War.
Boy howdy, did he have some stories to tell, plus he had a huge book collection, including many books about WWII. He let me borrow them, as he knew my genuine interest and knew I would take good care of them.
Let’s just say there was no sugarcoating any aspects of WWII in those books.
Another memory from about 12 years ago was a visit to the WWII era aircraft carrier USS Lexington, which has been a floating museum in Corpus Christi Bay since 1992.
The kiddos and DWifey were touring a bit ahead of me through the ship, when I caught up to them in an area that had some really graphic photos of crew remains after a kamikaze attack on the ship.
A bit of an eye-opening shock, but, they really learned a lot from the whole experience, and no nightmares were had...!!! ;):)

ETA...
Images of an A-7 Corsair and the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi Bay...!!! :)

35F35685-134E-4F77-9B4E-7C51696B51F5.jpeg8F4E9753-61DC-4C2A-92B0-CB097064BA74.jpeg

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I get your point but...

For mini golf, it's phone reservations only at this point, and I don't think they're doing a credit card guarantee, so if you don't show, no huge loss. We've sometimes walked up and found it to be an hour or more wait. Calling the night before for a tee time would be nice.

Last time we waited 30 minutes for it in the winter, which wasn't bad. They had a giant outdoor Connect Four Board outside for kids to play with. After watching some kids play for a while, my dad said, "Come here so I can beat you at this." I won.
I don't remember waiting a long time for mini golf, but I'm pointing to that caused by when I went. When I mini golf at Fantasia Gardens, it usually is in the morning of the day I leave to the airport. My airport times leaving to Orlando are usually in the 6 or 7 at night range with it being anywhere from 2 to 3 days after Labor Day. That means I could do stuff in the morning before going to the airport in the afternoon. I do know the time I leave in the past is known as a down time for WDW due to people going back to school or to work.

According to Touring plans and Orlando park news, they claim there is a $10.00 fee for guests not showing up to play. That is what I went by with my comments about not being a fan of booking tee times. I don't know how Disney would enforce the fee if there is no credit card guarantee.

donaldtoo

Last Palm Springs day. We took a tour that took us to a hiking place with a Palm grove, a look at the wind farm and to gawk at celeb homes. The house in the picture is the one Elvis rented to get married in but had to have Frank Sinatra help him escape it when the reports got wind of his plans. After our tour was over we took the tram up about 8,000 feet up. It was really cool. Tomorrow we go to Disneyland for a couple days and then home.

View attachment 383868View attachment 383869View attachment 383870View attachment 383871View attachment 383872View attachment 383873View attachment 383874View attachment 383875View attachment 383876View attachment 383878

Awesome pics of some awesome-looking fun...!!! :)

LUVS me some mid-century modern, and this is my favorite Palm Springs version that I’ve posted before...!!!!! :happy:

D75CF087-076F-4D24-A874-F0139538F46D.jpeg

donaldtoo

So, how often can they call you in your state/district? I recall when you fixed the error (last year) when they had called you for a 2nd jury summons, but you had already served. Now, seeing this "latest" one, what exactly is the window of time that they "can't" call you back -- 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, etc.?? (In my state, it's 3 years, I believe.)

Every 6 mos. here, but, a year after if you actually served...IIRC...? 🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom