The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

Timpani is such a cool instrument. The low "bum....bum....bums" it produces cuts right through. It must have been so rewarding to play timpani.

That's pretty much the only time I played it was that year for that song... sometimes I would get to play the bass drum or the cymbals... I was adhoc pretty much for concert band... as I was in colorguard for Marching band. I just drove by the high school tonight and the new colorguard was already out practicing... good grief it's only June! But I had to put down the window and yell GO GUARD! I just had to!

SteveBrickNJ

That's pretty much the only time I played it was that year for that song... sometimes I would get to play the bass drum or the cymbals... I was adhoc pretty much for concert band... as I was in colorguard for Marching band. I just drove by the high school tonight and the new colorguard was already out practicing... good grief it's only June! But I had to put down the window and yell GO GUARD! I just had to!
That was cool that you did that😎😉

Goofyernmost

What you say is sad, but I have to agree with you. I can hope though that we can learn from the past. When I was a kid back in the 70's, there was a show on tv, can't remember the channel, but there was no cable then. It was a documentary about WWII and I remember watching it, and just being shocked at what I saw. Never forgot those images even though I never lived it. Maybe since we have actual footage of such things, it should be part of a high school or middle school curriculum on world history.
I'm afraid that all those little snowflakes would be traumatized by that. What you saw might have been Walter Cronkite and the history program he used to have called "The Twentieth Century". Even when I was in school we never got to WW1 or WW2 and it barely touched on the Civil War. They claimed that they always were behind in the the history courses and never got to those areas before the school year was done. Heck, after I got back from Vietnam I took some military sponsored U.S. History Courses at the University of Vermont. Two full semesters and we never got past WWI in detail. By then I wanted to hear what the historians had to say about the Vietnam War even though it wasn't over yet. But, not a mention.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

DWifey took the day off today, and her and DS (he has Monday’s off) headed to Houston last night to help MIL with her doc appt. this mornin’. New doc, as the last one proved to be amazingly incompetent.
Anyway, they made it home shortly before I did and had a dinner treat waitin’ for me...yep, you guessed it, Southside Market and Barbeque smoked brisket sandwich...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hungry::happy::)

0F66AC5F-728E-4928-8DDB-72FE0CC95EAE.jpeg

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

In the complete and total "what the hell" department, I got contacted out of the clear blue sky today from a producer who wants to turn this play I wrote in college into a tv series. Having been around the block a few thousand times, I'm not exactly holding my breath, but I guess you never know....

https://www.samuelfrench.com/s/869/spotlight

SPOTLIGHT
"From the author of the hit plays Devil Boys From Beyond and The Crumple Zone comes this hilarious one-act about college theatre majors waiting for the cast list for West Side Story to be posted.....and the aftermath. A finalist in HBO's New Writer's Workshop and a Second Place winner at the American College Theatre Festival, Spotlight is a fast-paced comedy about the desperate drive to succeed, and delusions that get in the way."

SPOTLIGHT.jpeg

donaldtoo

He thought there were just too many people and felt like he couldn’t get away from them. Like the pool was a nightmare. He loved Castaway Cay because he felt he could breathe again. I will say he hated the dining set up on DCL. He would have preferred a buffet for each meal.

There were a lot of passengers on both our cruises, but, we never felt crowded out, and there were plenty of little quiet areas on the ships, besides our staterooms, to get away.
We talked about doin’ the buffet on both cruises a few times, but, never did.
We just really enjoyed our assigned dining waitstaffs so much, loved all the food, and also loved dressin’ up for the 2 formal nights per cruise...!!!!!!! :hilarious::hungry::happy::D;):)

donaldtoo

In the complete and total "what the hell" department, I got contacted out of the clear blue sky today from a producer who wants to turn this play I wrote in college into a tv series. Having been around the block a few thousand times, I'm not exactly holding my breath, but I guess you never know....

https://www.samuelfrench.com/s/869/spotlight

SPOTLIGHT
"From the author of the hit plays Devil Boys From Beyond and The Crumple Zone comes this hilarious one-act about college theatre majors waiting for the cast list for West Side Story to be posted.....and the aftermath. A finalist in HBO's New Writer's Workshop and a Second Place winner at the American College Theatre Festival, Spotlight is a fast-paced comedy about the desperate drive to succeed, and delusions that get in the way."

View attachment 383859

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Fingers crossed that this really happens this time for you Buddy, and not just so all of us here can say “I know that guy...!!!!! 😃(which would be cool enough, too...!!!!! :D;)), but, because of all your hard work and dedication to your craft over the years...!!!!!!! :happy:
Rootin’ for ya’ all the way, and hope to hear some GEEEEEEERATE news soon...!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::happy::)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Last Palm Springs day. We took a tour that took us to a hiking place with a Palm grove, a look at the wind farm and to gawk at celeb homes. The house in the picture is the one Elvis rented to get married in but had to have Frank Sinatra help him escape it when the reports got wind of his plans. After our tour was over we took the tram up about 8,000 feet up. It was really cool. Tomorrow we go to Disneyland for a couple days and then home.

53CBA10B-AF6A-42ED-98DD-4FAEAC24004D.jpegB23D1A9D-3800-4EF1-8B4B-F7CF85F2B17E.jpegAD751133-EC4A-4FC9-A945-43B3C4FCEB9A.jpeg487C7553-E390-4A37-A7CF-E78D7D18E80A.jpeg7707482E-8487-4F52-B20F-E20C97C2BF4E.jpegAD5FC915-BC5D-467C-B213-BFF145C5806C.jpeg9DA09CCE-4763-45D2-9193-5181AD4FAC59.jpeg34E487E5-F139-4463-9CBA-3625FDB70BD7.jpegFC18CF5D-1D3F-40EF-8693-350C103E2863.jpeg02AE43B9-6B8C-43D9-BFB7-41A124024C84.jpeg

BuddyThomas

Last Palm Springs day. We took a tour that took us to a hiking place with a Palm grove, a look at the wind farm and to gawk at celeb homes. The house in the picture is the one Elvis rented to get married in but had to have Frank Sinatra help him escape it when the reports got wind of his plans. After our tour was over we took the tram up about 8,000 feet up. It was really cool. Tomorrow we go to Disneyland for a couple days and then home.

View attachment 383868View attachment 383869View attachment 383870View attachment 383871View attachment 383872View attachment 383873View attachment 383874View attachment 383875View attachment 383876View attachment 383878
Those pictures are amazing!

donaldtoo

Beautiful pics, and have been there as well...!!!!! :happy:
On all of our road trips in our camper, all those years ago, from No Cal to Texas and back each summer, we used to always stay in a motel in Indio, CA for the last night of the trip home as an air conditioned treat (we had no A/C in our truck or camper). A coupla’ times we arrived in the area early enough in the day to check out that park...more good memories...!!!!!!! :happy::)

9D51CE1D-C604-4FD7-B7E6-078F3BBBD79E.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom