The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

Thank you for asking.....and good morning everyone!
It was nice to get up at 7:30am instead of 5:30am
This summer's big thing for my family of three is to go to SINGAPORE for a few days as well as Batam Indonesia.
Singapore will be strictly tourism for us. We'll even see their very own version of Universal Studios Theme Park!:)
Here is an aerial view of Singapore

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Singapore will strictly tourism. We'll see their very Universal Studios Theme Park.
Here is an aerial view of Singapore

My wife's sister lives with her husband and their 3 children in Batam Indonesia.
I've been a selfish and poor relative. I've never traveled over to Asia to see them.
I am finally taken the trek to literally the other side of the globe and doing the "better late than never" visit.
My wife and daughter have gone more than once. I've always stayed behind.
Here is an aerial view of Batam Indonesia.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

You don’t have to, as they know your American.
Oh yes, they know... :cautious::cyclops:;)

View attachment 383865
You say that because you didn't live along side the Canadian border for 63 years like I did. Believe me, except for a couple of "weird" word pronunciation (kinda like Texans ;)) there is little to no difference. Even the rudest of us can be polite when we want too. So all you really have to do is throw in a couple of words like eh, aboat, going oat, and ask for poutine or English Muffins once in a while... they would never know the difference. If you can find a way to fit in words like hockey, hat trick and Molson's you would never be discovered.
Having been married to a Canadian for 29 years helps with the disguise as well.

Last edited:

12in12

Thank you for asking.....and good morning everyone!
It was nice to get up at 7:30am today instead of my usual 5:30am
This summer's big thing for my family of three is to go to SINGAPORE for a few days as well as Batam Indonesia.
I hope you enjoy your first visit to Indonesia. Personally I love to travel in Asia as it is so different from our Western life style.

MouseDreaming

In the complete and total "what the hell" department, I got contacted out of the clear blue sky today from a producer who wants to turn this play I wrote in college into a tv series. Having been around the block a few thousand times, I'm not exactly holding my breath, but I guess you never know....

https://www.samuelfrench.com/s/869/spotlight

SPOTLIGHT
"From the author of the hit plays Devil Boys From Beyond and The Crumple Zone comes this hilarious one-act about college theatre majors waiting for the cast list for West Side Story to be posted.....and the aftermath. A finalist in HBO's New Writer's Workshop and a Second Place winner at the American College Theatre Festival, Spotlight is a fast-paced comedy about the desperate drive to succeed, and delusions that get in the way."

View attachment 383859
That is pretty awesome! And, you are absolutely right, you never know.

StarWarsGirl

Got home yesterday. Have I mentioned we have two bathrooms being renovated? There is a layer of dust everywhere in the house except my room, my brother's room, (they were closed) and the basement. Trying to figure out if we can get a HEPA filter running in there. In the meantime, I might need to move to the basement.

MouseDreaming

Thank you. What will you do or what are you looking forward to this summer?
My kids are definitely having a more interesting summer. I am mostly just freaking out, as DS leaves for Europe soon. They are traveling to Germany, Austria, Poland, and the Czech Republic. I never knew CR has a huge jazz festival, Bohemian Jazz Festival, that goes through different cities. They are playing three cities as the headliners. But first, they have a gig at Pheasant Run. He is playing with the band, and his combo.

DD is getting ready for her first day of Driver's Ed. She is excited about going to Summerfest, soon. DH and I bought her ticket so she and a friend will enjoy Billie Eilish, while we walk about and sample some music from all of the different stages.

Once DS returns, we head Up North, to the UP for a bit to relax and unwind.

SteveBrickNJ

My kids are definitely having a more interesting summer. I am mostly just freaking out, as DS leaves for Europe soon. They are traveling to Germany, Austria, Poland, and the Czech Republic. I never knew CR has a huge jazz festival, Bohemian Jazz Festival, that goes through different cities. They are playing three cities as the headliners. But first, they have a gig at Pheasant Run. He is playing with the band, and his combo.

DD is getting ready for her first day of Driver's Ed. She is excited about going to Summerfest, soon. DH and I bought her ticket so she and a friend will enjoy Billie Eilish, while we walk about and sample some music from all of the different stages.

Once DS returns, we head Up North, to the UP for a bit to relax and unwind.
Wow!... your plate....your kids plates are full!

MySmallWorldof4

I'm afraid that all those little snowflakes would be traumatized by that. What you saw might have been Walter Cronkite and the history program he used to have called "The Twentieth Century". Even when I was in school we never got to WW1 or WW2 and it barely touched on the Civil War. They claimed that they always were behind in the the history courses and never got to those areas before the school year was done. Heck, after I got back from Vietnam I took some military sponsored U.S. History Courses at the University of Vermont. Two full semesters and we never got past the WWI in detail. By then I wanted to hear what the historians had to say about the Vietnam War even though it wasn't over yet. But, not a mention.
I don't remember ever getting passed WW1. Now my 2 older kids in their world history program last year, went from the Civil War to 9/11. Homeschooling gets through everything.

MySmallWorldof4

DWifey took the day off today, and her and DS (he has Monday’s off) headed to Houston last night to help MIL with her doc appt. this morniin’. New doc, as the last one proved to be amazingly incompetent.
Anyway, they made it home shortly before I did and had a dinner treat waitin’ for me...yep, you guessed it, Southside Market and Barbeque smoked brisket sandwich...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hungry::happy::)

View attachment 383851
Your picture just reminded me that I need to get some dairy free plain yogurt. You are wondering why I assume? Because your bun reminded me of Naan bread and I want to make a gluten free vegan version I found yesterday. :p Just when I thought it was ketchup time, I gotta go.

StarWarsGirl

I'm afraid that all those little snowflakes would be traumatized by that.
*Sigh* No they wouldn't be and, at least when I was in school, they showed us raw footage from the time so we'd get more of what was going on. We watched lots of footage from the world wars. Oh, and the propoganda from the US. Including the Donald Duck as a Nazi one. My teachers sure loved it when YouTube was unblocked for them. We also had an entire history class on "We didn't start the Fire". My 11th grade history teacher was awesome.

Though I still fail to see how anyone though that duck and cover and fallout shelters would help if there were a nuclear attack. If there were a nuclear attack, if not killed by the initial blast, they'd die from the aftereffects, so...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom