The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

12in12

In the complete and total "what the hell" department, I got contacted out of the clear blue sky today from a producer who wants to turn this play I wrote in college into a tv series. Having been around the block a few thousand times, I'm not exactly holding my breath, but I guess you never know....

https://www.samuelfrench.com/s/869/spotlight

SPOTLIGHT
"From the author of the hit plays Devil Boys From Beyond and The Crumple Zone comes this hilarious one-act about college theatre majors waiting for the cast list for West Side Story to be posted.....and the aftermath. A finalist in HBO's New Writer's Workshop and a Second Place winner at the American College Theatre Festival, Spotlight is a fast-paced comedy about the desperate drive to succeed, and delusions that get in the way."

View attachment 383859
That's so amazing, I hope it works out for you but even if it doesn't it's still nice someone is interested.

12in12

Last Palm Springs day. We took a tour that took us to a hiking place with a Palm grove, a look at the wind farm and to gawk at celeb homes. The house in the picture is the one Elvis rented to get married in but had to have Frank Sinatra help him escape it when the reports got wind of his plans. After our tour was over we took the tram up about 8,000 feet up. It was really cool. Tomorrow we go to Disneyland for a couple days and then home.

View attachment 383868View attachment 383869View attachment 383870View attachment 383871View attachment 383872View attachment 383873View attachment 383874View attachment 383875View attachment 383876View attachment 383878
I haven't been to Palm Springs, it looks very beautiful. I didn't know Elvis got married in CA.

Cesar R M

Last Palm Springs day. We took a tour that took us to a hiking place with a Palm grove, a look at the wind farm and to gawk at celeb homes. The house in the picture is the one Elvis rented to get married in but had to have Frank Sinatra help him escape it when the reports got wind of his plans. After our tour was over we took the tram up about 8,000 feet up. It was really cool. Tomorrow we go to Disneyland for a couple days and then home.

View attachment 383868View attachment 383869View attachment 383870View attachment 383871View attachment 383872View attachment 383873View attachment 383874View attachment 383875View attachment 383876View attachment 383878
nice photos!!!

Rista1313

And just when something good happens, I open my mail and AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!
View attachment 383863

Wait, didn't you get one less than a year ago? or is your year of statute up? I think I remember you being able to get out last time because you had served another jury day less than a year from that date? Maybe I'm just making this stuff up!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In the complete and total "what the hell" department, I got contacted out of the clear blue sky today from a producer who wants to turn this play I wrote in college into a tv series. Having been around the block a few thousand times, I'm not exactly holding my breath, but I guess you never know....

SPOTLIGHT
"From the author of the hit plays Devil Boys From Beyond and The Crumple Zone comes this hilarious one-act about college theatre majors waiting for the cast list for West Side Story to be posted.....and the aftermath. A finalist in HBO's New Writer's Workshop and a Second Place winner at the American College Theatre Festival, Spotlight is a fast-paced comedy about the desperate drive to succeed, and delusions that get in the way."

View attachment 383859

Buddy! Buddy! Buddy! :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: This is exciting!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And just when something good happens, I open my mail and AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!
View attachment 383863

So, how often can they call you in your state/district? I recall when you fixed the error (last year) when they had called you for a 2nd jury summons, but you had already served. Now, seeing this "latest" one, what exactly is the window of time that they "can't" call you back -- 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, etc.?? (In my state, it's 3 years, I believe.)

Figgy1

Premium Member

SPOTLIGHT

View attachment 383859
I'm so excited for you and hope the show comes to fruition please keep us updated to make sure we can watch it. Now as for the summons can they do that to you yet again? I sincerely hope you can fix that situation quickly. Sending pixie dust both work out

Rista1313

So, how often can they call you in your state/district? I recall when you fixed the error (last year) when they had called you for a 2nd jury summons, but you had already served. Now, seeing this "latest" one, what exactly is the window of time that they "can't" call you back -- 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, etc.?? (In my state, it's 3 years, I believe.)

My state is 1 year.

BuddyThomas

Apparently, it’s different for state and federal and they have been allowed to summon me again since February. Every time I open my mailbox I cringe because I knew this was coming. Argh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom