The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

If we had gotten through Watergate... it would have been a future prediction.
We did a fairly large unit on WWII. We watched a movie called The Holocaust, which was devastating, and then I believe that was the year Schindler's List came out in theaters, and the school organized a trip for kids to go into the next town to see it. Of course, my mother was just a child during WWII, and my dad was a teenager...both my parents had siblings in the military who were in Europe fighting, and my mom had a lot of stories of her experiences...ration stamps....I still have some of the booklets of stamps, air raid drills, letters and trinkets her brother sent back to her...I have some of those as well. She came to my class one year in elementary school to talk about it, and brought a photoalbum where she had written some things down, and she had the ration books in there for us to see. Most of my classmates' parents were much younger than mine, so I got a lot more history than they did. But we did study both WWI and WWII in school, and we read The Diary of Anne Frank.

Figgy1

Premium Member
So, maybe someone here can enlighten me, because I'm just not getting it... I heard they are changing HS fastpass tiers, and most everything is a tier 1, except for 1 ride. How are you suppose to get thru all 3 fastpasses so you can start scheduling more?
Touring plans said the best way to handle it if you have hoppers rope drop HS and make fp elsewhere. If you don't have hoppers I hope you like shows:rolleyes:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I feel your pain. At my work yesterday, 6 people either passed out, or got physically ill from the heat and had to be sent home. We were warned to make sure we drank plenty of water, not switch from downstairs to upstairs too often, and if we were walking, especially upstairs, to start slow.
Please be careful, stay hydrated and send me some of your extra heat

SteveBrickNJ

I feel your pain. At my work yesterday, 6 people either passed out, or got physically ill from the heat and had to be sent home. We were warned to make sure we drank plenty of water, not switch from downstairs to upstairs too often, and if we were walking, especially upstairs, to start slow.
That's much worse than I experienced. We were fine.
I hope you have more favorable conditions today...or if not today, at least soon.;)

StarWarsGirl

I miss the days of no fastpass and just being able to show up at a restaurant without reserving half a year in advance. I think that is why I enjoyed Uni so much. It was more of a vacation and not work.
Disneyland is nice that way. It's basically the old FP system and you don't have to do ADRs so far out. Since everything is close together, you can have an ADR in DL but spend most of your day in DCA and not have to worry about running over there. As long as you have a strategy for covering ground, you're good and you can take it a day at a time with minimal planning. It's nice to have a Disney park that's still that way. Hawaii was also a nice break from the endless planning as well.

SteveBrickNJ

I am a HAPPY T-Mobile customer today.
......because..........I called the T-Mobile 800 number to inform them that we will be in Asia...flying out of NJ 7/3....returning 7/15.
I wanted to receive instructions as to what I should do or discover what they should do so we would not be hit with any Roaming charges if someone texted us or called us...etc.
But........SURPRISE.....they said that in Singapore and Indonesia we just have to "enable international data roaming" by entering the # somethin' , somethin' somethin' # code on our cell phones and then we have free unlimited internet data and free texting! :happy::cool:
(I've been their customer from the founding of their company. 2003 I think it began.)

MySmallWorldof4

......because..........I called the T-Mobile 800 number to inform them that we will be in Asia...flying out of NJ 7/3....returning 7/15.
I wanted to receive instructions as to what I should do or discover what they should do so we would not be hit with any Roaming charges if someone texted us or called us...etc.
But........SURPRISE.....they said that in Singapore and Indonesia we just have to "enable international data roaming" by entering the # somethin' , somethin' somethin' # code on our cell phones and then we have free unlimited internet data and free texting! :happy::cool:
(I've been their customer from the founding of their company. 2003 I think it began.)
That is awesome! It means you could check in here once in a while and post a picture from your trip.;)

SteveBrickNJ

That is awesome! It means you could check in here once in a while and post a picture from your trip.;)
Very fun news and such an incredible surprise!
I will for sure post a couple of photos from Singapore and then eventually from Batam Indonesia.
Especially in Indonesia I'm sure there will be times when my wife is speaking to others in their native tongue (the language there is called "Bahasa") and during those moments I will feel left out.
With free data I can entertain myself during the moments that I have no idea what everyone is sayingo_O
I should point out that my 7 year old Indonesian niece was given a certificate for learning English the best when compared to all the 2nd graders in her school. She and I have done Facebook messenger chats in English now and then. We are both looking forward to seeing each other face to face for the first time. :)

Last edited:

93boomer

Premium Member
Disneyland is nice that way. It's basically the old FP system and you don't have to do ADRs so far out. Since everything is close together, you can have an ADR in DL but spend most of your day in DCA and not have to worry about running over there. As long as you have a strategy for covering ground, you're good and you can take it a day at a time with minimal planning. It's nice to have a Disney park that's still that way. Hawaii was also a nice break from the endless planning as well.
My DD would agree. She said they loved that they could run over from DCA to DL for FP without having to really rush. They really loved DCA. They did hardly any planning for their trip and got on all the rides they wanted multiple times.

Goofyernmost

We did a fairly large unit on WWII. We watched a movie called The Holocaust, which was devastating, and then I believe that was the year Schindler's List came out in theaters, and the school organized a trip for kids to go into the next town to see it. Of course, my mother was just a child during WWII, and my dad was a teenager...both my parents had siblings in the military who were in Europe fighting, and my mom had a lot of stories of her experiences...ration stamps....I still have some of the booklets of stamps, air raid drills, letters and trinkets her brother sent back to her...I have some of those as well. She came to my class one year in elementary school to talk about it, and brought a photoalbum where she had written some things down, and she had the ration books in there for us to see. Most of my classmates' parents were much younger than mine, so I got a lot more history than they did. But we did study both WWI and WWII in school, and we read The Diary of Anne Frank.
We read The Diary of Anne Frank as well, but, not in History, instead it was Literature.

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Someone on Tripadvisor gave me a recommendation for an app called CITYMAPPER.
The reviews are awesome!
It will help me (along with my longtime and often used google maps app) to make my way around Singapore.
I called my T Mobile provider and they assured me the apps are included in my free data over there :)

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

We read The Diary of Anne Frank as well, but, not in History, instead it was Literature.
I might be one of the few who never had to read that. I was in the regular level in sixth grade for English. Well, they figured out pretty quickly that I needed to be in the advanced class and stuck me there for seventh and eighth grade. Sixth grade Advanced read Anne Frank. Eighth grade regular read Anne Frank. Missed it.

StarWarsGirl

More renovation nonsense...

The tub cracked. The new one. That they just put in.

Manufacturer is obviously replacing it under warranty, but to be on the safe side they are concreting it in. Which means they have to knock down a wall to do that. Specifically, a wall in my bedroom closet. Which means I get to move to the basement.

*Screams internally*

Figgy1

Premium Member
More renovation nonsense...

The tub cracked. The new one. That they just put in.

Manufacturer is obviously replacing it under warranty, but to be on the safe side they are concreting it in. Which means they have to knock down a wall to do that. Specifically, a wall in my bedroom closet. Which means I get to move to the basement.

*Screams internally*
Good luck will the cats join you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom