Stitch's Great Escape TEST RUN!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
BPGStudios said:
Hey all,

I just registered here, and would like to know if theres been a pattern of times the attraction is open for previews. I'll be in WDW on Friday, and would like to know if there is any time I should "Just so happen to be" around Stitch. Thanks!

-BPGStudios
The previews are random, and dont have a published timetable. Based on previous previews, they tend to happen later in the day, after allowing WDI and CMs use of the attraction for tweeking/development/training during the day. Best bet is to hang around Tommorowland, and keep your eyes peeled for CMs milling around the queue area, and the planters onfront of the attraction being moved.

tigger248

BPGStudios said:
Hey,

I joined here to try and find out some info, and all this bickering about spelling and grammar has nothing to do with this post. I'm starting to regret signing up, and wondering if my question will ever be answered. This is my second post here as well...

Hi! :wave:

Welcome to the boards!

Please don't regret signing up. Not all threads end up like this (with all the bickering and such) and you can find some very useful information here. I look forward to getting to know you a little better.

I hope you have a wonderful time on your upcoming trip. Good luck trying to see SGE. Let us know if you get picked to see it!

DDuckFan130

I apologize in advance for going off topic again but I just wanted to apologize for basically starting this whole ordeal. Thanks to cherry and Main Street for backing me up because I wasn't trying to be rude. :lol: I'm an English Education major so I guess I'm a bit of a nit-pick. Sorry again :wave:.

Back on topic: I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled when I go in a month!!

barnum42

DDuckFan130 said:
I wasn't trying to be rude. :lol: I'm an English Education major so I guess I'm a bit of a nit-pick. Sorry again :wave:.
I'm sure with that education in the English language you have a broad lexicon to draw upon that would leave everyone in no doubt when you wish to be rude ;) :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
Atta83 said:
Well I heard from Dave a few ago after he rode it, but i will let him share the details with ya'll.

Yeah, I just got a call (from someone who went to Club 33 today, lucky devil)telling me that Dave got in today.
His review should be interesting.

General Grizz

Lee said:
Yeah, I just got a call (from someone who went to Club 33 today, lucky devil)telling me that Dave got in today.
His review should be interesting.
Does his name start with M and end with KT? :D

You know, I might avoid all spoiler threads/reports on Stitch. This is one attraction I think I'd be better off experiencing cold. :D

MrNonacho

Premium Member
I saw it today...

My opinion? Alien Encounter was better, but not by a whole lot. I don't think nearly as many kids will freak out. The Stitch animatronic was neat, but not as great as Disney would lead you to believe. However, I was very impressed with the cannons. Those things can move! I was also very impressed with the sergeant. I think he's even more impressive than SIR. He does look a bit goofy, but it fits his character. The main show is interesting and fun, though there were a couple dead spots that for now I'll attribute to the ongoing tweaking of the show. The end was a bit lacking.

All in all, I think they've got a hit on their hands. A good replacement for Alien Encounter, but not the best it could have been.

dxwwf3

MrNonacho said:
I saw it today...

My opinion? Alien Encounter was better, but not by a whole lot.

Well I guess this is about what I was hoping for out of a reaction. Of course I dont' want people to think that SGE is BETTER than AE (where they forget about it), but I want it to be a good enough replacement to where AE didn't get replaced for nothing.

Also I have to ask how much did the building still look like AE inside?

Thanks for the report.

Jerm

General Grizz said:
Does Skippy sound the same, Nonacho?

Grizz i thought of you when I asked my friend who went on it yesterday this...."does Skippy have spots?" No Skippy looks just like Skippy used to they said it was the same old Skippy. Has anyone heard from X-S Tech girl in awhile? I would love to ask her about that point cause she was the one that started that rumor.

J

General Grizz

Jerm said:
Grizz i thought of you when I asked my friend who went on it yesterday this...."does Skippy have spots?" No Skippy looks just like Skippy used to they said it was the same old Skippy. Has anyone heard from X-S Tech girl in awhile? I would love to ask her about that point cause she was the one that started that rumor.

J
Skippy is cured! :sohappy:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Yes, Skippy looks and sounds the same. It sounded like many of the people in the room with me really appreciated that.

The only X-S reference I saw was that the tubes in the preshow are still labeled "Series 1000." I also saw a "This seat is temporarily seized" sign over one of the non-functional seats, but I think that's just a leftover and doesn't count. There may be more references lurking around, but I didn't notice any.

PhotoDave219

Spoiler Warning!!!!!!

The following review contains show elements and gives away most of the attraction. Please DO NOT READ if you want to remain suprised. (I got in before Rob, Nah nah nah :p And I called my GF first too :lol: )

*Keep Scrolling*

Highlight the text, its in White....

My thoughts:

First Preshow - Basic animation on the screens in the first room. Very Blue, gives a very light hearted feel Definetly not the future that never was feel that XS Tech had. Very ... well campy animation. A nice welcome from teh galatic high commander to us new prison guards.

The room with Skippy and Sarge -

Well Tim Curry has been replaced with an overweight, donut eatin Cop. Skippy does nothing other than sit there. NOTHING other than wag his tail. The cartoony campiness continues and we're introdfuced to the main chamber.

THE SHOW:

Alrighty. Take a seat and move to the end of the row. They beam in stitch, with more cartoon campyness on the screens. (NOTE TO WDI - Find better animators, the backgrounds suck.) Now Stitch, This is the highlight of the ride, its lifelike and the best AA of a cartoon character ive ever seen. They look at him being all cute and say stuff about going by teh book, etc, etc and then the spitting starts.

The grossness factor of this ride alone appreals to the 5-8 year old mindset (AND ROB!) Stitch gets out and then its teh whole AE effects again. I did get chills when Stitch was behind me, it kinda creeped me. He steals the aforementioned Chilli Dog, which Stitch does have a point - Its too Oniony. Smells like, well, nearly made me gag. Truely hated it from there. From there, stitch finda a way to teleport himself to out in the park.

From there the laser guns - Great show element, seems to be worth the wait from all the problems theyve rumored to have caused. They shoot everything! (Except Stitch)

Overall - Its now a kids ride. VERY kid aimed, very gross IMO. I was expecting more, i was expecting higher and a better story based on the technology they have. Lots of audio of stitch bouncing around but not much of Stitch messing with YOU. You hear him messing with everyone else, but NOT YOU.

The technology is there - they did it with AE. Its campy, its cartoony, its a kids ride. Im assuming thats the intended audience. Disney can do better, but the kids will love it. I wanted more, but oh well. Its just a show and it will draw long lines, the kids will love it and We now have the Peter Pan's Flight or Pooh of Tomorrowland.

Then again in its defense, Kids are what this is all about, so If it brings them in the parks, so be it.

3 out of 5 Tinkerbelles.

Figment1986

they had bad cartoons... Shame on disney!!! you could have had WDFA F animate it before you laid them off them... shame on disney....

Thopugh i do have to see and sit though it... so i hope it improves... maby eisner will hate it??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom