Stitch's Great Escape TEST RUN!

kodakcastmember

Original Poster
GREAT NEWS!

Today (10-11-04) I had the great opportunity to participate in the first public test run for Stitch's Great Escape. Guests who happened to be in the right place at the right time (like me) were allowed to experience the attraction. Once in the still closed off cue area were greeted at the entrance by a Disney Imagineer. He said that this was the first run for anyone in the public outside of the team that has worked on the attraction. He explained that the test was basically for audio levels and such. There were few glitches at all that I could notice; however, several are expected in an attraction that is not scheduled to open for another month. Basically, the only task that I can see that still needs to be completed is another coat of paint here and there

It was a fun experience. It is filled with crazy antics, funny moments, great sounds, even actual smells! You will not be disappointed by this attraction when it opens on NOVEMBER 16TH!!

tigger248

Great news! That would have been awesome to get to go on an attraction like that. I can't wait to see SGE and I'm really hoping to catch a soft opening when I'm down in November. I have to miss the grand opening by 1 freaking day (I come home November 15. :fork: )

kodakcastmember

Original Poster
I actually am a cast member in Magic Kingdom if that helps solidify my post about the preview. I was in the park as a guest today. Considering that today was small, I am not sure how quickly other confirmation will follow. All I can say, is whether you believe me or not, the attraction is awesome.

A small spoiler to help my claim . . . At one point in the attraction you can smell stitch's breath after he steals a chili dog from a guest. mmm chili breath. I guess that too will only be verified when the ride officially opens.

cherrynegra

kodakcastmember said:
I actually am a cast member in Magic Kingdom if that helps solidify my post about the preview. I was in the park as a guest today. Considering that today was small, I am not sure how quickly other confirmation will follow. All I can say, is whether you believe me or not, the attraction is awesome.

A small spoiler to help my claim . . . At one point in the attraction you can smell stitch's breath after he steals a chili dog from a guest. mmm chili breath. I guess that too will only be verified when the ride officially opens.

Thank you for the clarification of who you are and the small spoiler. Of course I'm sure you understand our reticence. We've had one too many "trolls" tromping around here that we've become a little weary of new members announcing things.

wannab@dis

kodakcastmember said:

Very cool!! Well, maybe except for the chili! :)

Welcome to the boards and thanks for the info. Keep us informed as you find out about more previews.

kodakcastmember

Original Poster
MORE SPOILAGE. DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

I don't want to give too much away . . . but the background information, which is explained in the pre-show, is basically that you have been recruited to guard a facility where intergalactic "naughty" troublemakers are held transported to other locations, and received from other locations. Since you are in training, you are assigned to guard two level one troublemakers (there are 3 levels). All of the sudden, a warning sounds indicating that a level 3 is incoming. You, the recruits, are then told to report to the level three containment area (the circular room we all know from Alien Encounter and previous). The level 3 troublemaker is none other than Stitch. After some dialogue and other happenings, Stitch shorts out the containment system, and the mischief begins! Does that help?

AEfx

Yes, before I can read this post I need offical confirmation - I want your social security number, your 2nd grade report card, and the secret password/handshake combination recently approved at the "I Know It All" convention...

LOL, some people around here take things way too seriously :). Welcome to the boards, kodakcastnmember. And thank you for the info - it sounds exciting, and gets me excited and gives me hope that I may get to attend one of these previews on my trip Oct 21st. It's always great to hear from CM's - and not just people that think they are. :rolleyes:

AEfx

kodakcastmember

Original Poster
PhotoDave219 said:
Guess i wasnt in the right place at the right time... Oh well.
Ya never know. you may get a preview soon. try what I did . . . I just went into the park looking for an opportunity to check it out. I asked around in Tomorrowland, and even though nobody knew anything, I just kept looking around, and happened to see that lone cast member standing there and I asked what was going on and he told me it was a preview. I was in that thing faster than the speed of light.

:sohappy:

haha. I can still smell the scents that they used in the show. Talk about catering to all the sences. I hope you get in to see it really soon. I bet you'll like it a lot. :kiss:

barnum42

kodakcastmember said:
At one point in the attraction you can smell stitch's breath after he steals a chili dog from a guest. mmm chili breath.
Good job it's a short attraction. I dread to think what the odor would be like by the time the chilli dog reaches the other end! ;)

Pixie Duster

Oooooooooooooh Joe, that's nasty :).

So is it scary or really loud at all. I am a big scardy cat, rate this attraction as if I were a five year old...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom