Stitch's Great Escape TEST RUN!

dox

Although I agree with the whole apples and oranges analogy....are the 3-D sound effects equal to or better than they were with AE?? It sounds like the special sound effects were decreased overall compared to AE. I hope not. That would be an injustice.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
there were film crews in the attraction around noon-15ish yesterday. i saw them carry out all the gear and story boards... didnt get a chnace to snap a pin in time though

kdblue165

Anyone know where "the right place" is???

My family will be at WDW from Chicago the end of next week. Anybody know where to hang out for a bit to get invited into a test run? I would LOVE to get in on one, since I only get to the World about every 2 years!

Thanks in advance for any help!

MrNonacho

Premium Member
dox said:
Although I agree with the whole apples and oranges analogy....are the 3-D sound effects equal to or better than they were with AE?? It sounds like the special sound effects were decreased overall compared to AE. I hope not.

I'd put the binaural sound about on par with AE's. It does seem to be used more now.

As for the other effects, there were only a few that I noticed had been removed. There is no more shattering glass, seat thump, or CM up on the catwalk. However, several new effects have been added or improved. The green lasers around the tube seem to be brighter and more noticeable. There are the two cannons. There was also a neat strobing effect added to the tube that I think is done with liquid crystals (like the windows in the animation tour).

kdblue165

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdblue165
Anybody know where to hang out for a bit to get invited into a test run?

uh..in front of the attraction.

Thanks imagineer! I thought that would be the case, but then again, it seemed just too obvious. I figured they would grab folks from other areas to prevent "camping out"...

MrNonacho

Premium Member
SpenceMan01 said:
Ok, I've always wondered....was this a live CM or a flashlight on a stick (what I've heard from a couple sources)??? I figure somebody here ought to know.

It was a live CM up there, without a doubt.

I do wonder how this rumor of an animatronic flashlight deal got started, though. Maybe it was like that when it first opened?

Figment1986

no more CM up in the catwalk....

Darn... (I wonder would anyone care if i make the comment... Thats not a prisioner... thats my mother inlaw..... :lookaroun

I loved the CM up their... makde it feel more real and less fake...

dxwwf3

MrNonacho said:
It was a live CM up there, without a doubt.

I do wonder how this rumor of an animatronic flashlight deal got started, though. Maybe it was like that when it first opened?

There is a possibility that the animatronic was used in Version One of the show. I have the audio for that version, but I'm sure there is no video from this version anywhere. It was only open a short time. I never even got to see it.

BeachClubVillas

I can't wait to ride this now! I wasn't really excited before because I didn't really know what it was going to be like. It sounds really great though. It's funny, I'll do any ride at WDW, but I only did AE once and it scared the devil out of me! My dad had a nightmare after riding it that the alien came into our hotel room and stole my brother!

I can't wait to go back in June when I can ride SGE, Soarin' and the see the Stunt Show! :sohappy:

aimster

barnum42 said:
Before someone else says it -

It's not a "ride" ;)
You knew I was gonna read this thread, huh? :lol:

I found just calling everything an "attraction" works pretty well as it can mean a ride or a show.

I'm planning on venturing back to MK within the next couple weeks. I'll have to try to be a guinea pig.

aimster

Mission: SPACE said:
Sorry to sound rude, but why do we have to correct each other on such simplistic things...

At least my posts are in sentences, unlike some others on these forums.
Because some of us are very retentive when it comes to spelling and grammar. We did go to school to learn stuff like this for a reason. I go as so far to even correct my own mother when she does it. She hates it, but she knows it's just how I have always been... and always will be. :lol:

kodakcastmember

Original Poster
aimster said:
You knew I was gonna read this thread, huh? :lol:

I found just calling everything an "attraction" works pretty well as it can mean a ride or a show.

I'm planning on venturing back to MK within the next couple weeks. I'll have to try to be a guinea pig.
Good idea. I always found myself calling these things rides, but then I said to myself, "this isn't a ride." I see that you live in Tampa. Do you have a season pass since you are so close? I would have one if I didn't work in a park. I'd be there all the time . . . Oh wait! I already am. hehe :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom