Stitch's Great Escape TEST RUN!

cherrynegra

NemoRocks78 said:
Ah, and I did forget to mention in my last post that there were MANY crying children walking out of that chamber....had a few sitting behind me. Looks like this whole "toning down" thing isn't working effectively....

Well, that's not surprising. Children of a certain age do not like the dark or being startled, so when you combine the two, it's only natural that some will be upset by the sensory overeload. I wonder if they're even contemplating an advisory minimum age for Stitch.

DDuckFan130

NemoRocks78 said:
Ah, and I did forget to mention in my last post that there were MANY crying children walking out of that chamber....had a few sitting behind me. Looks like this whole "toning down" thing isn't working effectively....
Same here. My cousin is 5, and she was kind of freaked out, but she didn't cry.

NemoRocks78

Seized
73399126.jpg

This was the non-existant line at 1:45pm yesterday....is FP really going to be necessary for this attraction?

dxwwf3

NemoRocks78 said:
This was the non-existant line at 1:45pm yesterday....is FP really going to be necessary for this attraction?

I think it will once the attraction officially opens. Then Stitch will be all over the maps, billboards, busses, and anything else they can advertise on. Now will the FP machines be needed in 5 years? Possibly not. But I bet all of those people that waited in the 45 minute to 1 hour waits during the first few years of Alien Encounter's operation would have liked to have FP :) I would expect to see similar wait times.

barnum42

Slowjack said:
Like others have said, it's a bit odd for Stitch to be called Stitch in a story that takes place before the film.
Here's my theory - he always wanted to be called stitch, and was able to secretly suggest the name to Lilo.

barnum42

cherrynegra said:
I wonder if they're even contemplating an advisory minimum age for Stitch.
As parents ignrored the warnings for Alien Encounter, I wonder how may would pay attention to warnings on a Stitch attraction.

tigger248

I got to see SGE on Friday. I was very excited that it was open, but a little disappointed in the attraction overall. I stayed away from the spoiler threads because I wanted to go into the attraction without knowing much about it. I read this thread, but stayed away from anything too revealing, so all I knew about in advance was the chili dog smell. That being said, I really wanted to like this attraction.

The wait was posted at about 25 minutes, but it went very quickly. It ended up being the longest I saw the wait all day (but we didn't know that and waited because we wanted to see it in the morning, just in case it closed later on). One interesting thing I saw was that next to the entrance door there is a plaque that appears to be written in alien language. On the bottom, in the same alien language/writing style, it says 16 November 2004. I thought that little dedication plaque was kinda cool. Both pre-shows were okay, but the second one really reminded me of AE (Wow, and I wasn't even a fan of that attraction!).

On to the main show. My family and I sat near the exit door in the theater. We were quite disappointed in the fact that Stitch never turned all the way around and all we saw of him was his back and occasionally the side of his face for a second. We felt that they should make him turn all the way around so everyone gets a fair chance to see him. The rest seemed a lot like AE, just with Stitch instead of a big, mean alien. A lot of the main show was pitch black, which will still upset kids (as many have stated). I didn't think it was very believable when he was jumping on the shoulder rests either. It just hurt (I don't know if he "jumps" hard on it or if mine was just lowered too far).

I, too, had a hard time with the fact that he refers to himself as Stitch and speaks english. Two things that he didn't have/pick up until after he was on Earth and met Lilo. He should have been Experiment 626 and speaking alien language. I didn't feel that this is as kid friendly as they really wanted. Kids will want to see something with Stitch in it, as he's a very popular character. However, I think they will end up having a similar reaction to SGE as they had with AE. Parents will think "It's Stitch, the kids'll love it." and be upset when the kids get scared. But, that's just my opinion.

I wouldn't say that this is the worst attraction they have, or the worst one I've ever seen. It's just not one of my favorites, and Stitch is among my favorite characters (2nd behind Tigger). I'm really hoping it'll grow on me and that I'll like it more next time I'm in the area. For now, my attitude is that they shouldn't have changed AE. I didn't like that show, but many did. I found this to be very similar to AE in many aspects, with the only main difference being the characters. With them being so similar, they should have left AE alone and used the Stitch budget to make him his own ride somewhere else (if they truly wanted Stitch to have an attraction).

dxwwf3

tigger248 said:
IFor now, my attitude is that they shouldn't have changed AE. I didn't like that show, but many did. I found this to be very similar to AE in many aspects, with the only main difference being the characters. With them being so similar, they should have left AE alone and used the Stitch budget to make him his own ride somewhere else (if they truly wanted Stitch to have an attraction).

Wow for someone that didn't really care for AE, you sure know how it's fans think :lol: I don't think I could have said it any better myself.

BroadwayBelle

Well, I have to say that after riding the attraction about eight times, it gets better each time! The first time I saw it was during the passholder previews, and to be perfectly honest, I was extremely hesitant. The reviews I read were just plain awful, but I wanted to give it a fair chance and form an opinion of my own.

As DonnieDarko mentioned, with each time you ride it, you find something new and exciting in the attraction, and the animatronic never fails to leave me in awe. Even the chili dog scent that nauseated me in the beginning has grown on me significantly.

While I miss AE significantly, its nice to have something new! I recognize that parting with your favorite ride can be a painful experience. . .for me, losing Horizons was extremely difficult to cope with, and while I miss it so, I have to say I thoroughly enjoy Mission Space. I only hope that angry AE fans can find it in their heart to give Stitch the time of day, because he's definitely well worth it.

DDuckFan130

BroadwayBelle said:
Well, I have to say that after riding the attraction about eight times, it gets better each time! The first time I saw it was during the passholder previews, and to be perfectly honest, I was extremely hesitant. The reviews I read were just plain awful, but I wanted to give it a fair chance and form an opinion of my own.

As DonnieDarko mentioned, with each time you ride it, you find something new and exciting in the attraction, and the animatronic never fails to leave me in awe. Even the chili dog scent that nauseated me in the beginning has grown on me significantly.

While I miss AE significantly, its nice to have something new! I recognize that parting with your favorite ride can be a painful experience. . .for me, losing Horizons was extremely difficult to cope with, and while I miss it so, I have to say I thoroughly enjoy Mission Space. I only hope that angry AE fans can find it in their heart to give Stitch the time of day, because he's definitely well worth it.
Great review :)

disgolfer

I was not a fan of AE either. When I posted an opinion about SGE, my point was that it is not an original attraction. SGE is a light version of AE. I think also that the animatronic is awsome, but if there is going to be a new attraction, make the attraction something unique. Not a toned down version of the old one that was removed. I think it is just a way to put a minimal amount of money into something in order to fill space in the park.

imagineer99

disgolfer said:
I was not a fan of AE either. When I posted an opinion about SGE, my point was that it is not an original attraction. SGE is a light version of AE. I think also that the animatronic is awsome, but if there is going to be a new attraction, make the attraction something unique. Not a toned down version of the old one that was removed. I think it is just a way to put a minimal amount of money into something in order to fill space in the park.

But didn't SGE have a high budget? I may be wrong, but I believe the imagineers were not that limited in cost.

DonnieDarko

I've said it a million times, Stitch had one of the largest budgets in recent history. This was all used to make those animatronics and new show elements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom