Space Mountain Refurbishment Info

castevens

I must have had a broken seat, because I thought AE was the stupidest thing ever, and I never understood why people liked it.

And I'm not being sarcastic, I actually think I must have had a broken seat . . .

hokielutz

Scotty... what's happening to the thread?

Capn' Were drifting off course again... I just don't have the power to keep her on topic.

McCoy, any thoughts that can help us?

Dam-it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a purveyor of Pixie-Dust.

SirGoofy

Well I'm guessing something wasn't perfect, since it's gone. As I recall it was all the screaming and crying kids coming out of it.

I also have seen screaming and crying kids coming off Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise(yes from being afraid), Pirates, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and Snow White's Adventure. All of them should be closed now, right?

:rolleyes:

There were plenty of warning signs in the queue that AE was an INCREDIBLY scary attraction. Heck, TERROR was in the name. If people still chose to drag their kids on it was their own dang fault.

spoodles

Hey don't jump on me, I loved AE. I'm just guessing it stood out from the others mentioned (at least to someone important) since it was pulled.

marsrunner

I guess I'm just jaded or something, because I honestly thought AE was boring. Hey, look, its dark. Oh goody. Oh wow something tickled the back of my neck. Neat mist in my face. Hey was that a pretty cool looking alien AA I saw for about 2 seconds? Hard to tell its so dark in here. Its over. Oh, alright then. Blah.
Now, the preshow was hilarious, from the time you entered the outer queue until you actually sat down I was having a blast. Chairmen Clench was funny, S.I.R. was funny (and pretty impressive movement as well) and Skippy (I think was the little furballs name) was cute in a non-obnoxious way. I think my favorite bit though was something you might not even catch if you rushed out of the S.I.R. room into the theater. I don't remember the exact words, but the overhead P.A. who was telling you to please leave the pre-show area and enter the theater towards the end got irritated and said something like "Please leave this area, NOW!" I always lingered and got a big laugh out of that.
Then the show started.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Count me in as an AE fan as well. It was capable of scaring people, but there were warnings. And the theming was great.

But worse that removing AE was what replaced it. Just a terrible attraction. No wait last week despite 50 minute lines for Buzz across the way.

Below is the best part of SGE.

Attachments

• SGESign.jpg
    SGESign.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 67

Jasonflz

I hope the Disney execs are reading through this thread so they can hear how STUPID everyone thinks they are. AE was top notch and they put the worst possible attraction in place. Yeah, good going to whoever decided that!

Oh, and btw, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is about the size of a needle head compared to the Timekeeper. Great job on dumbing the guests down, Disney.

Whew, glad that's over with.

goodtimes5286

Count me in as an AE fan as well. It was capable of scaring people, but there were warnings. And the theming was great.

But worse that removing AE was what replaced it. Just a terrible attraction. No wait last week despite 50 minute lines for Buzz across the way.
Not surpising, SGE is so bad, even kids won't ride it. I dont know who in disney has got a hard on for stitch, but it's causing TERRIBLE theme park decisions. Never let your personal feelings get in the way of a great product
I hope the Disney execs are reading through this thread so they can hear how STUPID everyone thinks they are. AE was top notch and they put the worst possible attraction in place. Yeah, good going to whoever decided that!

Oh, and btw, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is about the size of a needle head compared to the Timekeeper. Great job on dumbing the guests down, Disney.

Whew, glad that's over with.
lol i agree with AE, but i love MILF. Plus I've always been in a line there, unlike that timekeep guy. i was always in there like :lookaroun, wheres the guests? (and by always i mean 2x, i just wanna make that clear)

Jasonflz

Not surpising, SGE is so bad, even kids won't ride it. I dont know who in disney has got a hard on for stitch, but it's causing TERRIBLE theme park decisions. Never let your personal feelings get in the way of a great product

lol i agree with AE, but i love MILF. Plus I've always been in a line there, unlike that timekeep guy. i was always in there like :lookaroun, wheres the guests? (and by always i mean 2x, i just wanna make that clear)

Timekeeper was a classic attraction. For the most part, it would get busy every now and then. The reason for occasional lack of guests was because alot of people didn't know it there, or even open. Disney kept it on the seasonal short leash. MILF is okay but it should be at least in a more fitting place.

Thrill Seeker

Timekeeper was a classic attraction. For the most part, it would get busy every now and then. The reason for occasional lack of guests was because alot of people didn't know it there, or even open. Disney kept it on the seasonal short leash. MILF is okay but it should be at least in a more fitting place.

I liked Timekeeper, but I think MILF is a good replacement.

goodtimes5286

I liked Timekeeper, but I think MILF is a good replacement.
2x

i think if the timekeeper was made to where guests could sit down, they would ride it. i dont think guests didn't know of it's existance (b/c MILF is in the same place and getting guests), its the fact that they have to stand around the park, in the queue, AND in the ride? I know thats why i never went in there.

Bring back the timekeeper in a sit down ride attraction and he would stay, count on it

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
i dont think guests didn't know of it's existance (b/c MILF is in the same place and getting guests),
They didn`t, due to flawed designs of the entrance and signage - look how often it changed. TDO Admitted this. Now look at the size of the MI sign (and the SGE sign too)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom