Space Mountain Refurbishment Info

magicmaya

I read this on the description of space mountain at disney world.com

Blast off on a journey into outer space on this classic attraction. Board a sleek, rocket-shaped vehicle in the glow-in-the-dark Space Port and begin a steady climb up the 180-foot high mountain, passing the Mission Control booth and myriad pulsating lights along the way.

Once at the top, feel the wind race across your face as you are propelled through the remote blackness of the dark universe—illuminated only by shooting stars, celestial satellites, spinning black holes and shimmering costellations—during a rip-roaring rocket ride through the farthest reaches of time and space.
And because the majority of the attraction takes place in the dark, you just never know which way you are going to turn or drop!
Space Mountain includes a pumping musical score and synthezised electronic sounds of space that are sure to immerse you in your otherworldy flight.
Space Mountain Rockets
Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom theme park features 2 rocket-shaped vehicles consisting of 3 seats per vehicle that blast off from 2 separate tracks. It is the only version of the attraction that contains 2 separate tracks.
The left side track is called the Alpha; the right side track is called the Omega. Both tracks are nearly identical and mirror each other in twists and drops.
The rockets that race through space achieve a maximum speed of 28 miles per hour—but feel much faster in the dark.
Space Mountain Post-Show
After exiting your rocket-vehicle, you will board a moving runway to the Tomorrowland area, passing scenes of futuristic homes and businesses, as well as television monitors that broadcast your image live along the way

Read the bold, purple and red area...does this mean we are getting on board audio, because they don't play music on the ride.Look closely at the red letters.They just updated the site too.

SirGoofy

Blast off on a journey into outer space on this classic attraction. Board a sleek, rocket-shaped vehicle in the glow-in-the-dark Space Port and begin a steady climb up the 180-foot high mountain, passing the Mission Control booth and myriad pulsating lights along the way.

Once at the top, feel the wind race across your face as you are propelled through the remote blackness of the dark universe—illuminated only by shooting stars, celestial satellites, spinning black holes and shimmering costellations—during a rip-roaring rocket ride through the farthest reaches of time and space.
And because the majority of the attraction takes place in the dark, you just never know which way you are going to turn or drop!
Space Mountain includes a pumping musical score and synthezised electronic sounds of space that are sure to immerse you in your otherworldy flight.
Space Mountain Rockets
Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom theme park features 2 rocket-shaped vehicles consisting of 3 seats per vehicle that blast off from 2 separate tracks. It is the only version of the attraction that contains 2 separate tracks.
The left side track is called the Alpha; the right side track is called the Omega. Both tracks are nearly identical and mirror each other in twists and drops.
The rockets that race through space achieve a maximum speed of 28 miles per hour—but feel much faster in the dark.
Space Mountain Post-Show
After exiting your rocket-vehicle, you will board a moving runway to the Tomorrowland area, passing scenes of futuristic homes and businesses, as well as television monitors that broadcast your image live along the way

Read the bold, purple and red area...does this mean we are getting on board audio, because they don't play music on the ride.Look closely at the red letters.They just updated the site too.

Possible...but I don't think onboard will be happening. Our insiders have claimed that they will be putting speakers on the ride path, but who knows.:shrug:

CaptainMichael

Space Mountain Rockets
Space Mountain Post-Show

The only accurate parts of that description are about about the two tracks and the television sets. The rest is hogwash.

magicmaya

The only accurate parts of that description are about about the two tracks and the television sets. The rest is hogwash.

I know I don't get it at all.Especially the new sound track.Im like what new sound track!And the video on the website looks like that got some of the clips froo Mission:Space.

muteki

Space Mountain has always had a musical score and sounds of space. Unless this description has changed recently, I wouldn't read into it very much.

hpyhnt 1000

Yeah, they defintiely took some of the artwork in that vid from Mission: Sapce. :brick: I don't know, the part about futuristic homes and businesses doesn't quite ring true about the current postshow. I mean, right now, its more of a progression of a rock sample being collected and then being teleported from one planet to another; I don't really remember seeing alot in the way of businesses and homes.

And while SM may have BGM, I don't know if I'd call it a "pumping musical score." Eh, I don't know what to think.

And one other thing: 180 feet? Really? Thats as tall as SSE over at Epcot. The last time I saw SM, it didn't look anywhere near 18 stories tall. :veryconfu

Bigart

Space Mountain refurb

Sounds like quite a refurb...is there a set date for reopening?
any more info would be very appreciated!!

RSoxNo1

Sounds like quite a refurb...is there a set date for reopening?
any more info would be very appreciated!!

I believe the dates announced as of right now are 4/19-11/22. However, most of the insiders on here believe that it won't be done by 11/22.

hpyhnt 1000

Counting the spires on top, I believe the total height is 183ft.

Ah, I see. But the actual ride itself isn't that height, which was what I was wondering. (Funny, the building, even with the spires doesn't look that tall. Guess because the base is so wide...)

figmentisgreat

Ah, I see. But the actual ride itself isn't that height, which was what I was wondering. (Funny, the building, even with the spires doesn't look that tall. Guess because the base is so wide...)

Really? It's always the very first park "icon" (loosely speaking) that I see...that's how I know I'm home :) How tall are the spires?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom