Space Mountain Refurbishment Info

SirGoofy

In the meantime SGE has a high probability of going. Hopefully within the next 5 years. If Disney puts back Alien Encounter I will patiently wait for the Imagination refurb to happen without complaining.

AE is never coming back. Sorry, but it's not gonna happen.

What I do want to see is them do something new with that space. It's been the same format forever, let's get something new.

Thrill Seeker

Yeah SGE is pretty pathetic. It's kinda sad that they have never put a good attraction in that spot. I'd like to see an actual simulator attraction appear there. Heck, keeping a Lilo and Stitch theme would be fine.

SirGoofy

Yeah SGE is pretty pathetic. It's kinda sad that they have never put a good attraction in that spot. I'd like to see an actual simulator attraction appear there. Heck, keeping a Lilo and Stitch theme would be fine.

Hey now, AE was amazing. WDI really hit that one out of the park.

Thrill Seeker

Hey now, AE was amazing. WDI really hit that one out of the park.

Eh, I wasn't that fond of AE. The first time I went on it it startled me on occasion, but after that first time, it really wasn't worth going on again. I was really hoping that Stitch would make fun of the whole point of AE, but they missed the mark there too and instead just made a lamer version with Stitch. I really think that if they were to put an actual simulator attraction there, it could be a huge success.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The only problem is there isn't really a ton of room in there.

I don't know if a simulator would fit.
Even using the basement structure nope - unless it was for 4 people. Assuming they didn`t tear down the whole building. BIG structural job.

Jaytrod

Thanks for the update! I hope it is true as well.. Is all of this supposed to still fit in the original time frame allotted for the refurb, or do u suspect that they may eventually be pushing back the date ? I will definitely be waiting for a concrete opening date to make my next reservations :ROFLOL:.. Cant wait!!

PKD

I wouldn't rule a lighting upgrade out. The castle just was upgraded to LED's which you would think saves Disney money, by using less electricity and longer lasting lamps(?) and no fans. Maybe it's because I know they are there but I think the colors are stronger on the castle. Seems like a obvious idea for SM to be upgraded.

The fixtures on the castle do have fans in each unit.

Jaytrod

You are right about the saving money.. I work for an electrical contracting company and LED saves a ton of money. Not only on electricity usage, but it saves alot on the maintenance and materials of replacing ballasts and bulbs all the time. Most LED's out nowadays have about a 7 year life span and really aren't that much more expensive than your normal fluorescent or HID fixture. We are in the middle of replacing fixtures in a parking garage of a big hotel on Ft. Lauderdale beach and the savings on the electric usage will pay off the price of removing the old fixtures and installing the new ones in a 3 month period. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney starts changing all their lighting to LED in the future

RSoxNo1

Any truth to the rumors that at least one of the two Stitch Animatronics would be heading over to the Tiki Room for another management change?

Is there enough room for a dark ride in the SGE area or would it have to be a similar type of attraction that has been there in the past?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Any chance of our friend Stitch vacating his current home, Martin?
A chance? Yes. Probablility? About zero.
Any truth to the rumors that at least one of the two Stitch Animatronics would be heading over to the Tiki Room for another management change?
There was some truth in that but it`s gone cold.
Is there enough room for a dark ride in the SGE area or would it have to be a similar type of attraction that has been there in the past?
Similar type - as I said above it`d need major engineering work to make the space anything but what it is. It`s possible of course but I`d say it`d be cheaper to use TLands 2 other pads for a dark ride if they wanted to.

Thrill Seeker

I figure with Buzz Lightyear still being extremely popular, the chances of there being a new dark ride aren't so high. I still want to see something new happen in the SGE spot.

Jasonflz

Despite what everybody thinks if I was in chaege I would put Alien Encounter back in a heartbeat. While looking around on the internet I found that there are tons of people who would like to see it come back. I myself never rode it so I would like to experience it.

Thrill Seeker

Actually I think Alien Encounter was better than Stitch. I mean, it was pretty much the exact same thing, except they tried to scare you instead of being kinda stupid. I thought it was cooler than SGE.

Jasonflz

Actually I think Alien Encounter was better than Stitch. I mean, it was pretty much the exact same thing, except they tried to scare you instead of being kinda stupid. I thought it was cooler than SGE.

What were the effects used? I know there was spraying blood, what else?

the-reason14

Despite what everybody thinks if I was in chaege I would put Alien Encounter back in a heartbeat. While looking around on the internet I found that there are tons of people who would like to see it come back. I myself never rode it so I would like to experience it.

It doesnt seem like it would be that hard to put back in. The theater is pretty much the same with the restrainst and stuff. So it seems like it wouldnt be that hard to upgrade or downgrade back to AE. The problem is disney will never do it. Thats like them admitting they made a mistake replacing it with SGE. And Im pretty sure thats not gonna happen.

Thrill Seeker

Not only that, but they have admitted they've made a mistake once before. JIYI was awful, so after lots of fan protest, it became JIIwF, which wasn't much better, but it was a bit. So it could happen, but I doubt it will.

I don't remember spraying blood. I think it was just you felt the alien breathing on the back of your neck. That and the total darkness was really all there was to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom