Space Mountain Refurbishment Info

Jasonflz

Not only that, but they have admitted they've made a mistake once before. JIYI was awful, so after lots of fan protest, it became JIIwF, which wasn't much better, but it was a bit. So it could happen, but I doubt it will.

I don't remember spraying blood. I think it was just you felt the alien breathing on the back of your neck. That and the total darkness was really all there was to it.

It still was a top notch attraction in terms of storytelling. Same with Timekeeper.

Jasonflz

Timekeeper was quite awesome. I do admit though that even though it doesn't fit the Tomorrowland theme, I do like the laugh floor.

MILF is okay but it would be much better if it was moved to Pixar Place and, since The Timekeeper probably won't be coming back, they could put Plectu's Fantastic Galactic Revue in that place.

Thrill Seeker

MILF is okay but it would be much better if it was moved to Pixar Place and, since The Timekeeper probably won't be coming back, they could put Plectu's Fantastic Galactic Revue in that place.

Yeah, I don't think they are going to bring anything that is already gone back, as much as we'd like to see that happen. Moving MILF to PP would make sense, but since it's already in Tomorrowland, I doubt they are just going to pack it up and move it to DHS.

tiggersmyguy

Someone knows the answer....

All the announcements say that SM is closing on April 19th......is it closed ON the 19th or is that the last day of operation? I am arriving that day with my niece who has never been old enough to ride SM....Im hoping that it will be open.....Thanks everyone. Tig

RSoxNo1

I enjoy some of Disney's most recent "dumbed down" offerings, I don't remember the poster that went through the list of recent additions and how many of them have been sub par for the most part. I do feel that attractions like Monster's Inc Laugh Floor have there place. I enjoy it, but I was not blown away by it. In my opinion the following attractions succeed in "blowing guests away" in some capacity.

Jungle Cruise (with an A+ skipper)
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion (post refurbishment)
Wishes
Soarin'
Illuminations (Especially with the Holiday tag)
Tower of Terror
Fantasmic (Although not one of my favorites, I know there are many that absolutely love it).
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Expedition Everest (although not so much now)
Festival of the Lion King

Rob562

All the announcements say that SM is closing on April 19th......is it closed ON the 19th or is that the last day of operation? I am arriving that day with my niece who has never been old enough to ride SM....Im hoping that it will be open.....Thanks everyone. Tig

Space Mountain will be closed on the 19th. Its last day of operation is on the 18th.
(Same goes for the TTA)

-Rob

tirian

I enjoy some of Disney's most recent "dumbed down" offerings, I don't remember the poster that went through the list of recent additions and how many of them have been sub par for the most part. I do feel that attractions like Monster's Inc Laugh Floor have there place. I enjoy it, but I was not blown away by it. In my opinion the following attractions succeed in "blowing guests away" in some capacity.

Splash Mountain
Wishes
Soarin'
Tower of Terror
Fantasmic (Although not one of my favorites, I know there are many that absolutely love it).
Kilimanjaro Safaris

The Jeremy Irons SSE amazed my 16-year old brother the first time he rode it. The Christmas CBJ show was surprisingly funny, too (RIP).

SirGoofy

Splash Mountain
Wishes
Soarin'
Tower of Terror
Kilimanjaro Safaris

Sorry, but I love to see the JC get some love. Especially on a list of attractions that people say can "blow you away"!:D

The Jeremy Irons SSE amazed my 16-year old brother the first time he rode it. The Christmas CBJ show was surprisingly funny, too (RIP).

CBC was seriously one of the funniest shows on property. But of course, heaven forbid they close an attraction for a couple weeks a year for something different and exciting!

Your avatar is EPIC!

I concur.:D

I will third said epicness.:sohappy:

stitch2008

Splash Mountain
Wishes
Soarin'
Tower of Terror
Kilimanjaro Safaris

I agree with this list. But in my opinion, Mission: Space should be on this list too. I mean, I dont know if anyone else here agree's, but I was blown away the first time I rode it. It's still one of my favorite attractions at WDW. I'd also add Mickey's Philharmagic and maybe even the Finding Nemo show at DAK. Ive never seen the show, but from what i've seen in pictures and on television, it looks amazing with the puppets. :shrug:

SirGoofy

I agree with this list. But in my opinion, Mission: Space should be on this list too. I mean, I dont know if anyone else here agree's, but I was blown away the first time I rode it. It's still one of my favorite attractions at WDW. I'd also add Mickey's Philharmagic and maybe even the Finding Nemo show at DAK. Ive never seen the show, but from what i've seen in pictures and on television, it looks amazing with the puppets. :shrug:

I'll agree with M:S. I love it. Also with FNtM at DAK. It's amazing that the newest park has the two best stage shows on property.

As for Philhar...eh. It's cute, but I wouldn't say it blows me away.

RiversideBunny

The improvement that I am most looking forward to when Space Mountain reopens is a smoother track and ride.
It's difficult to get into the idea that you are travelling though space when the ride is like being on a clickety-clack railroad.

IMHO
:king:

hokielutz

I'll second your three suggestions. Although Philharmagic is a 3D theater show which Disney has used around the property several times... I think the combination of the classic Disney music, along with the immersive effects really make this a Fantasyland favorite and the most impressive attraction at the rear of the MK.

Actually now that I am thinking about it.... better add Tough to be a Bug to the list for its mix useage of AAs during the show.

magicmaya

Rockin Roller coaster!
Splash Mountain
Wishes
Soarin'
Tower of Terror
Kilimanjaro Safaris

Rockin rollercoaster was just added to the list!

hokielutz

Nah.
AE was perfect, in both placement and theme.

To quote a national talk show.... "we'll just have to agree to disagree."

I know this has been an age-old argument on whether AE was right or wrong for TL, the MK, etc.... so no need to drift the thread any further on this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom