Space Mountain - Question

tirian

the second hump..... hmmm, are you talking about the one that goes next to the lift hill and a hard right or left?

Yeah, but that wasn't specifically what the person was talking about. That's just when I really think about that conversation! :lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

Moustronaut

Ok, assuming they did take SM down to massively overhaul/gut, what would they do with the TTA?

Would they close it down too? Would they construct a cover over the current TTA track? Would they run the TTA vehicles it along the storage track siding along the perimeter of SM with some new audio and static displays?

Just wonderin'

TrojanUSC

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL: :lookaroun :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

It's not actually that funny. The current policy is still pretty clear. If you ever watch a Space Mountain train being loaded, watch what the cast member does with an unfilled lap bar when it gets to the 2nd load position (where they check to make sure the bars are locked. He shoves it all the way down.

If a lap bar comes to unload in the up position, there is no joking. The unload cast member is to immediately emergency stop the ride. It means somebody either got out of the vehicle somewhere along the way (load lifts, etc) or somebody fell out. Either way, it is very serious. Somebody could be dead.

the-reason14

I’ll get on right on that, brother. You need to cool your jets, Space Ranger. I don’t recall quoting you in my post, so just take it easy. But now that you’ve got me started doing that, let’s continue.

First off,

I get it… at 3, it’s understandable to get upset about a ride closing. I don’t know how old you are, but most adults can deal with that kind of disappointment. But even a kid has fun at WDW or DL despite one ride being closed. You won’t even go because…

Okay. Whatever you say. Then, like, a dozen posts later I make the point that, A) it’s silly to go to ANY park because of just one ride and B) Space Mountain at Disneyland is superior. Yet,

I do agree with this…If you take into account the 3 other gates, 2 water parks, 2 shopping centers, 2 miniature gold course, numerous resorts and other activities WDW has to offer. But remember,
That said, what is so ridiculous about my suggestion? I mean since , doesn’t it stand to reason that SM would be DL for you also? I mean that’s just simple, deductive logic. And since SM at DL runs smoother, has more comfortable seating, a better sound system and is just overall a better ride, doesn’t it make sense to go that route? Besides, if your all that fond of WDW’s SM, you can ride it here… except half of it is outside the mountain and we call it the Matterhorn.

Compelling closing statement. It’s right up there with…

Let us repeat…

And again…

I’m sorry. I had to squeeze that in as many times as I could becausewith 4 gates, 2 water parks, 2 shopping areas, 2 miniature golf courses, numerous resorts and other activities, if all WDW is to you is Space Mountain… I’m sorry, but it’s true…

Whoa, someone has too much time on their hands. I dont think I was responding to you in my original posts anyway, but either way, whatever man. I have better things to do, but have fun misinterpreting people quotes on here. :cool:

totaljen

During the final day of my last trip, I had the luck of getting stuck on Space Mountain. I got to talk to an awesome cast member and even ride twice in a row by bypassing the line.

However, while stuck in my rocket-I noticed a lot of details and wall sections appeared to be loosely held together with duct tape.

I would love to see this ride restored to its full glory.

A refurb is like restoring a vintage car. Letting it sit in the garage to rust is a crime.

The only thing I fear about a redo it the enclosure over the load area like at Disneyland. Call me sentimental, but I love the giant asteroid/cookie that flies down from overhead. This was one of my favorite things as a kid-and still seeing it today brings a chill to my belly in excitement.
:sohappy: totally agree...especially about the 'asteroid/cookie' sentiment!

chaggy102

Today Space 101'd for a little bit and I was on the peoplemover and yeah it looks horrible with the lights on. Seeing all these pieces of duct tape and sections of the track didn't look that great either, more on the beta side than alpha. The only time I don't bring my camera and this happens.....

Pete C

There are now several people seeing the lights on during TTA. I saw that as well last month when I was there. The ride must be breaking down a lot these days!!

I’ll get on right on that, brother. You need to cool your jets, Space Ranger. I don’t recall quoting you in my post, so just take it easy. But now that you’ve got me started doing that, let’s continue.

First off,

I get it… at 3, it’s understandable to get upset about a ride closing. I don’t know how old you are, but most adults can deal with that kind of disappointment. But even a kid has fun at WDW or DL despite one ride being closed. You won’t even go because…

Okay. Whatever you say. Then, like, a dozen posts later I make the point that, A) it’s silly to go to ANY park because of just one ride and B) Space Mountain at Disneyland is superior. Yet,

I do agree with this…If you take into account the 3 other gates, 2 water parks, 2 shopping centers, 2 miniature gold course, numerous resorts and other activities WDW has to offer. But remember,

That said, what is so ridiculous about my suggestion? I mean since,
doesn’t it stand to reason that SM would be DL for you also? I mean that’s just simple, deductive logic. And since SM at DL runs smoother, has more comfortable seating, a better sound system and is just overall a better ride, doesn’t it make sense to go that route? Besides, if your all that fond of WDW’s SM, you can ride it here… except half of it is outside the mountain and we call it the Matterhorn.

Compelling closing statement. It’s right up there with…

Let us repeat…

And again…

I’m sorry. I had to squeeze that in as many times as I could becausewith 4 gates, 2 water parks, 2 shopping areas, 2 miniature golf courses, numerous resorts and other activities, if all WDW is to you is Space Mountain… I’m sorry, but it’s true…

Oh, come on... :rolleyes:

You're the one that needs to "cool their jets" because you're getting fussy over someone disagreeing/who doesn't share the same thoughts as you.

I don't particularly agree w/ the-reason14, either, but am I complaining and arguing about it? No, I'm not. Why? Because people have their different opinions about life and what's in it.

To him, Space Mountain is what makes his trip. It is his opinion and his alone.

But to you, DL's Space Mountain is superior to WDW's. Again, that is very much your opinion. It's not considered fact. I'm sure there's ONE person out there who prefers to ride a clickity-clangy coaster over one that has the Red Hot Chili Peppers blasting in their ears.

Aside from that, it's not like he's never going to go back to WDW again because his favorite ride is closed. He'd just wait for it to reopen to visit again. Plain and simple.

And lastly, was it really necessary to try and humiliate him like that?

I'm sorry, but things like this really get on my goat.

That's all.

-steps off of soapbox-

Disneyson 1

^^ Good post.^^

If they make a ceiling on the load area, perhaps they could put "skylights" in so you can see the ceiling (or a curtain of fiber-optic lights to block out the light) and every once in a while, have the giant asteroid *coughcookiecough* float by every so often...?

ttalovebug

^^ Good post.^^

If they make a ceiling on the load area, perhaps they could put "skylights" in so you can see the ceiling (or a curtain of fiber-optic lights to block out the light) and every once in a while, have the giant asteroid *coughcookiecough* float by every so often...?

That would be acceptable. :)

scottnj1966

Space Mountain is just simple fun. Always has been.
It is old, yes, but nothing out there like it because of that fact.

The lines are still long and everyone always wants to ride it.

its just great fun.

Scott

tirian

Space Mountain is just simple fun. Always has been.
It is old, yes, but nothing out there like it because of that fact.

The lines are still long and everyone always wants to ride it.

its just great fun.

Scott

The track itself won't last forever and needs to be replaced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom