Space Mountain - Question

Enigma

Account Suspended
It only took about six months to refurb Tokyo's Space Mt. I don't think they replaced a significant amount of track, though.

Thats because Tokyo's was the youngest of the first three space mountains.

Scary thing is Disneyland's Space Mountain was younger Magic Kingdoms and has already gotten its track replaced because it was getting dangerously old and WDW is still clinging onto the original rickety track from the 1970s. If they don't replace that soon there gonna have an accident God Forbid.

the-reason14

Would you be my personal English tutor?

Hahah, please. Get over it. So now you want to attack my grammer? Lol, ok, go ahead. Because I honestly dont care, who are you anyways, lol. And how I write at times, is very different from how I speak. But whatever man, if it makes you feel any better, then have fun.

Grim Grinner

On my last trip (just a few weeks ago, although it seems like years, isn't that odd?) I rode Space Mountain as if it was the last time for a long time.

They really don't make coasters of this length or style anymore and it's a shame. It would be worse to let this classic diminish any further.

At this point, I think any attention and money Disney sheds towards this attraction would be a good thing (unless the COP dies with the update).

tirian

Thats because Tokyo's was the youngest of the first three space mountains.

Scary thing is Disneyland's Space Mountain was younger Magic Kingdoms and has already gotten its track replaced because it was getting dangerously old and WDW is still clinging onto the original rickety track from the 1970s. If they don't replace that soon there gonna have an accident God Forbid.

^^ My "six months" comment was sarcasm. :)

Anyway, DL's Space Mt. had significant foundation problems. I don't think Florida's has that issue, but I could be wrong.

The TL overhaul was more of a Blue Sky rumor than anything else. Of course it will be redone eventually...but who knows when?

Brian Noble

As I recall, the change in center-of-gravity when audio was added to DL's trains caused significant un-planned stresses in the track, accelerating problems. MK's Space doesn't have this problem.

Brian Noble

Sure, but the point was that there might be a reason why DL's was shuttered at the break of dawn unexpectedly after a shorter operational life, and that particular reason might not apply to MK's.

There are probably a hundred other reasons why MK's will be. Just not that one. ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sure, but the point was that there might be a reason why DL's was shuttered at the break of dawn unexpectedly after a shorter operational life, and that particular reason might not apply to MK's..
There was a good reason - I guess you know - and the worry is the longer Orlando is left to stagnate the sooner it may happen in WDW too. God forbid under operational circumstances. What good is a compressed air zoned crack detection system is the system is overwhelmed?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
There was a good reason - I guess you know - and the worry is the longer Orlando is left to stagnate the sooner it may happen in WDW too. God forbid under operational circumstances. What good is a compressed air zoned crack detection system is the system is overwhelmed?
What if cars are in motion.... does the system have any brake zones?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Yes, but they may not help. That`s assuming it is a track failure and not a support one. But lets not get ahead of ourselves. This is just a hypothosis. No rumour or gossip.
Oh sure, but i thought the track pipes only had the pressure gas. I thought the supports were I-beams so they wouldnt have the capabilities of holding gas. *snort laugh*

Sorry for the immature moment, but i had to laugh.

I understand the hypothosis and the hypothetical events. Makes good conversation.

JWG

Well, since everyone is looking for the next great thrill ride, I think SM is in perfect shape for it. How much bigger of a thrill than wondering if/when you may literally launch into space?

Is it concerning when you start to trust carnie rides in parking lots more than Disney's attractions? The "Zipper" is starting to look like a safer bet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom