Sky-Way Station being cleared

SirGoofy

:eek:

Not I. I LOVED MTR. Nice movie, felt like something 90's Disney would have done...The Walt connection was nice, too.

MTR was no where near anything quality from the 90s. It was boring, thin, and not very funny. I feel like they tried too hard to manufacture laughs out of the premise.

L&S was better, but still wasn't great.

As for the speedway...blow it up along with the skyway station.

GoofMasterHookX

Original Poster
Alright so it is a little more official now, I mean it is on the front page. So now, what is happening here is it nothing more than them clearing some space, seems like it was serving a purpose storing random stuff. So it has to be for a purpose. The Kuka incredible ride site being cleared for when Uni's exclusivity deal ends? Walkway to Mystery Mountain......
Restaurant, AE coming back? What are people thinking this is for, do any of the insiders have some hints? Is it really for nothing?

If anyone says anything about a stinkin' stitch statue I will :brick::ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

I agree, it was one of the very few movies these days that showed a POSITIVE view of the future and I really loved that.
Right. Dystopian views of the future are getting old.:snore:

MTR was no where near anything quality from the 90s. It was boring, thin, and not very funny. I feel like they tried too hard to manufacture laughs out of the premise.

L&S was better, but still wasn't great.

As for the speedway...blow it up along with the skyway station.
It had it's flaws, but it was pretty heartfelt, to me. Had a good message, and was visually very nice. *hint hint*, WDI...:lookaroun:lol:

GoofMasterHookX

Original Poster
The main page is confirming the demolition.

I know thats why i was asking, now that we know it is being demolished, I want to hear some ideas as to why.

In my experience with Disney, they wouldnot be spending the money to get rid of the building unless they were working toward something. What could it be. It seems really unlikely that it is being cleared simply for the sake of getting rid of a building. :shrug:

jt04

Well if it is true that the Skyway station is going all I can say is it's about time! Great great news. I was especially happy to hear it is supposed to be done by the time SM reopens.

I have reason to believe this rumor is false

Not happening

The main page is confirming the demolition.

:lookaroun

Tomorrowland Skyway station demolition to begin soon
Jul 10, 2009

Screamscape.com reported a few days ago that the Tomorrowland Skyway station is set for demolition. We have now also been able to confirm that to be the case. Current plans call for the work to begin late July, with completion set for November 2009, around the time of Space Mountain opening. The restrooms, with some remodelling, are expected to remain. Other than the actual demolition, there is no information yet on what will be done with the space.

SirGoofy

:lookaroun

Tomorrowland Skyway station demolition to begin soon
Jul 10, 2009

Screamscape.com reported a few days ago that the Tomorrowland Skyway station is set for demolition. We have now also been able to confirm that to be the case. Current plans call for the work to begin late July, with completion set for November 2009, around the time of Space Mountain opening. The restrooms, with some remodelling, are expected to remain. Other than the actual demolition, there is no information yet on what will be done with the space.

I only hope something of value is done with the space, and not just left open for 10 years.

IWant2GoNow

I only hope something of value is done with the space, and not just left open for 10 years.

I'm glad to hear they are FINALLY getting around to taking these buidlings out. I was kinda hoping they would reopen Skyway. I only got to ride it once in my lifetime. :( As far as what can be put there? :shrug: I would suggest something to do with Wall-E but I think they have enough characterized attractions in TL.

jt04

We all want the tombstones and tarps removed for more "open space" and sight lines at Epcot. Now most here think that Disney would not just remove a building just to improve aesthetics but maybe, just maybe that is changing. Either way, I'm glad to see it going..........finally!

I don't care if we just get a fancy planter and some shade trees. The skyway station was an eyesore IMO.

EPCOT Explorer

We all want the tombstones and tarps removed for more "open space" and sight lines at Epcot. Now most here think that Disney would not just remove a building just to improve aesthetics but maybe, just maybe that is changing. Either way, I'm glad to see it going..........finally!

I don't care if we just get a fancy planter and some shade trees. The skyway station was an eyesore IMO.

Had a nice water feature...I wonder what they will do with all the stuff in storage...mainly TK.

jt04

Had a nice water feature...I wonder what they will do with all the stuff in storage...mainly TK.

The water feature was nice in it's day but it really does not reflect what you expect from Disney in a new century in a part of the park that deals with the future. I think it may be turned into a wait area for people not going on SM or doing a swap. I think a water feature and shade and most important, a compelling design would be nice.

Or maybe SM's queue is going to be outside now........:eek:

*opens can of worms* :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

The water feature was nice in it's day but it really does not reflect what you expect from Disney in a new century in a part of the park that deals with the future. I think it may be turned into a wait area for people not going on SM or doing a swap. I think a water feature and shade and most important, a compelling design would be nice.

Or maybe SM's queue is going to be outside now........:eek:

*opens can of worms* :lookaroun

Yes, I said that earlier in the thread...I'm thinking though...If it is, what's going on inside!? Where does the "Interactive Queue" come into play?

jt04

Yes, I said that earlier in the thread...I'm thinking though...If it is, what's going on inside!? Where does the "Interactive Queue" come into play?

It's all quite interesting to ponder. And odd that Disney kept the Skyway building demolition secret until the last possible second.

jt04

Hmmm, wouldn't it be interesting if TK and 9-Eye are heading to Hollywood for a meeting with Dwayne Johnson. If Robin Williams and Rhea Perlman end up being cast for "Tomorrowland" then I think I am onto something.

:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom