Sky-Way Station being cleared

Disney-Nautifan

Disney World is not a museum. Walt himself said that the parks would constantly change as we MOVE FORWARD.

The Skyway was cool but it wasn't unique or particularly innovative. There are Skyways in small amusement parks across the country, many of which are better executed that Disney's (although none had the great view of Fantasyland!)

That said, I share your nostalgia for the past, and if someone opened up a theme park that contained all extinct Disney attractions (Skyway, If You Had Wings, Mr. Toad, Horizons, etc.) I would certainly check it out.

Hello there!

I am gald that you share my love for Disney theme park nostalgia, and I think that they should build a large museum somewhere on Walt Disney World that would be COMPLETELY dedicated to the extinct attractions of WDW. Imagine that, walking into a modern sleek building and after passing the lobby, you can glimpse a whole collection of props!!!!! (e.g. An intact Nautilus sub from 20'000 Leagues Under The Sea floating in a small pool, fully reconstructed sets of Horizons, Skyway buckets, a car from Mr Toad's Wild Ride, the alien from Alien Encounter, Timekeeper from Timekeeper, Batker bird from Tropical Serenade, rockets from Star Jets. OOOOOOOO the possibilities are endless!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::D (moment of madness).....

Though it does sound like a good idea, what do you guys think?

I-4Warrior

Hello there!

I am gald that you share my love for Disney theme park nostalgia, and I think that they should build a large museum somewhere on Walt Disney World that would be COMPLETELY dedicated to the extinct attractions of WDW. Imagine that, walking into a modern sleek building and after passing the lobby, you can glimpse a whole collection of props!!!!! (e.g. An intact Nautilus sub from 20'000 Leagues Under The Sea floating in a small pool, fully reconstructed sets of Horizons, Skyway buckets, a car from Mr Toad's Wild Ride, the alien from Alien Encounter, Timekeeper from Timekeeper, Batker bird from Tropical Serenade, rockets from Star Jets. OOOOOOOO the possibilities are endless!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::D (moment of madness).....

I personally would love it, as would other nostalgiacs, but we have to remember that these rides typically went away for a reason: People didn't want to go on them. So logistically, I don't see a forum put up to remember them on property.

tonganprince

Hello there!

I love this idea! I'm always checking out old attractions online, to be able to visit a museum filled with them, I would spend a whole day there.

Especially if they add 626 from SGE sooner than later! :p

Disney-Nautifan

I personally would love it, as would other nostalgiacs, but we have to remember that these rides typically went away for a reason: People didn't want to go on them. So logistically, I don't see a forum put up to remember them on property.

Hello there!

I have created a social group called Disney's 20'000 Leagues Under The Sea on this forum. If you loved the extinct Disney submarine ride, then I would recommend it :sohappy: (although more stuff will be added to it at a later date). I would love for fans on this forum to become a member of my fan group if you are interested of course. :)

jt04

Hello there!

I have created a social group called Disney's 20'000 Leagues Under The Sea on this forum. If you loved the extinct Disney submarine ride, then I would recommend it :sohappy: (although more stuff will be added to it at a later date). I would love for fans on this forum to become a member of my fan group if you are interested of course. :)

I will if you add a section about the new 20K movie.

disneyWX

Hello there!

Count me in! :sohappy: Let's even take it one step further and re-build the extinct rides in a corner of one of the parks--or better yet as a 5th park!

pax_65

They used to have an area in the Kodak building next to Tony's Restaurant... there they talked about the history of the parks, paid tribute to attractions that no longer exist, attractions that were never built, and hinted at things that might be coming in the future. It was kind of a precursor to "One Man's Dream" except it was more about the parks than the man, and had more unusual information that many people never knew.

I'd love to see something like that return again.

In the meantime, you might enjoy this site if you haven't already seen it. It's devoted primarily to Disneyland but it has some WDW stuff in it also.

http://www.yesterland.com/

Jasonflz

Hello there!

:D I would visit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom