Sky-Way Station being cleared

RSoxNo1

They could always move the Epcot Gravestones over to that area...

If this is purely for aesthetic purposes, I'm curious as to if this is included in Space Mountain's budget? I appreciate things done for aesthetic purposes, but at the same time with other more pressing issues in that park, I have to assume they have plans for this location.

EPCOT Explorer

It's all quite interesting to ponder. And odd that Disney kept the Skyway building demolition secret until the last possible second.
Eh...This is nothing big.:shrug:

I'll go halves on a skyway vehicle with you.:lol:
Sure!:ROFLOL:

Hmmm, wouldn't it be interesting if TK and 9-Eye are heading to Hollywood for a meeting with Dwayne Johnson. If Robin Williams and Rhea Perlman end up being cast for "Tomorrowland" then I think I am onto something.

:cool:
Mr. Optimism strikes again!:ROFLOL: Good thought on that....I see where you are going. ;)
They could always move the Epcot Gravestones over to that area...

If this is purely for aesthetic purposes, I'm curious as to if this is included in Space Mountain's budget? I appreciate things done for aesthetic purposes, but at the same time with other more pressing issues in that park, I have to assume they have plans for this location.
That's a thought....Fits the theme, sorta...

Mr.EPCOT

I wouldn't be surprised if the Skyway station area is used for extended queue area, because the line does often back up outside all the way to Rockettower Plaza.

SirGoofy

We all want the tombstones and tarps removed for more "open space" and sight lines at Epcot. Now most here think that Disney would not just remove a building just to improve aesthetics but maybe, just maybe that is changing. Either way, I'm glad to see it going..........finally!

I don't care if we just get a fancy planter and some shade trees. The skyway station was an eyesore IMO.

I disagree. I like the look of the station, along with it's water feature. I personally doubt they would tear it down unless there were plans for the space.

And the quicker the Tomorrowland movie idea dies, the better, IMO.

jt04

Mr. Optimism strikes again!:ROFLOL: Good thought on that....I see where you are going. ;)
That's a thought....Fits the theme, sorta...

]I'm just hoping the movie has these kind of cameos/easter eggs in it. And it wouldn't hurt Disney to try and mend it's ties with Robin Williams.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Skyway station area is used for extended queue area, because the line does often back up outside all the way to Rockettower Plaza.

I agree, and it hopefully will have shade and a decent design. This may also be where the interactive stuff may be planned to go. Just a guess however.

jmuboy

I think the TimeKeeper and 9-eye could be installed as a show scene along the TTA route. Nice little plussing for that ride. Or maybe they could use them in the Space Mountain exit show????

LongballMG

golly!

One of the first news stories on this website was the removal of the Skyway!

Way back before there were even discussion boards!

I'll be very sad to see the building go, and hope that TK is ok!

jt04

I disagree. I like the look of the station, along with it's water feature. I personally doubt they would tear it down unless there were plans for the space.

And the quicker the Tomorrowland movie idea dies, the better, IMO.

Ummm, they are tearing it down, it's been confirmed.

The Tomorrowland movie (that probably won't be the title) is happening. Can't wait. I think it will be on the scale of Pirates rather than HM or Country Bears. Very E.P.C.O.T.-esque looking.

SirGoofy

Ummm, they are tearing it down, it's been confirmed.

Ummmmmm, I never said they weren't. I said I doubt they would tear it down without plans for the area. Read my post next time.:wave:

The Tomorrowland movie (that probably won't be the title) is happening. Can't wait. I think it will be on the scale of Pirates rather than HM or Country Bears. Very E.P.C.O.T.-esque looking.

Has it started filming yet? Does it even have a director? Is the script even done? No to all three. It's in no way a definite. They got lucky with Pirates because they had Johnny Depp in a role he was born to play, and then they extended it into a trilogy that wasn't needed. I don't see Tomorrowland being nearly on the same level. When a live action trailer for a Disney movie plays in the theaters, it's received as a joke to most people.

jt04

Ummmmmm, I never said they weren't. I said I doubt they would tear it down without plans for the area. Read my post next time.:wave:

Does an extended queue count as a "plan"?

Has it started filming yet? Does it even have a director? Is the script even done? No to all three. It's in no way a definite. They got lucky with Pirates because they had Johnny Depp in a role he was born to play, and then they extended it into a trilogy that wasn't needed. I don't see Tomorrowland being nearly on the same level. When a live action trailer for a Disney movie plays in the theaters, it's received as a joke to most people.

Pirates may have been "lucky" but I also think it opened a lot of eyes at the studios as what kind of potential a really well crafted live action project can be.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I think Tron, JCoM, 20K, and "Tomorrowland" may be as big a leap forward for Disney live action as TPatF/Rapunzel will be for Disney Animation. I've totally bought in to the era of Iger/Lasseter.........and the sheriff. :)

SirGoofy

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I think Tron, JCoM, 20K, and "Tomorrowland" may be as big a leap forward for Disney live action as TPatF/Rapunzel will be for Disney Animation. I've totally bought in to the era of Iger/Lasseter.........and the sheriff. :)

I haven't seen enough about Tron to make up my expectations on that. JCoM is a Pixar project, so I'm sure it will be great, but I also don't count that as a WDS project. 20K will be a disaster. McG is a hack, no doubt about it. Tomorrowland I have incredibly low expectations for. I don't think the land lends itself to a movie that will be original and entertaining, like a Pirates or a Jungle Cruise or a (good) Haunted Mansion movie could.

And yes a queue is a plan.

jt04

I haven't seen enough about Tron to make up my expectations on that. JCoM is a Pixar project, so I'm sure it will be great, but I also don't count that as a WDS project. 20K will be a disaster. McG is a hack, no doubt about it. Tomorrowland I have incredibly low expectations for. I don't think the land lends itself to a movie that will be original and entertaining, like a Pirates or a Jungle Cruise or a (good) Haunted Mansion movie could.

Pixar is Disney, Disney is Pixar.

I think you need to be prepared to change your outlook. And I'm sure Disney Studios plans to prove the cynics wrong. I understand why they think what they do, but it amazes me how inflexible people are once they have a belief about something. It's a bit frightening. Not counting you in that group but they are out there in droves. The Pixar model is being implemented throughout TWDC including WDI and the results are starting to pop up like mushrooms.

<insert lame mushroom joke here>

:lol:

SirGoofy

I think you need to be prepared to change your outlook. And I'm sure Disney Studios plans to prove the cynics wrong. I understand why they think what they do, but it amazes me how inflexible people are once they have a belief about something. It's a bit frightening. Not counting you in that group but they are out there in droves. The Pixar model is being implemented throughout TWDC including WDI and the results are starting to pop up like mushrooms.

Ummm no. Pixar is Pixar. Hence why they have kept their team intact, rather than having them spread into the other pieces of Disney.

jt04

Ummm no. Pixar is Pixar. Hence why they have kept their team intact, rather than having them spread into the other pieces of Disney.

I don't think this is quite accurate. Perhaps someone can shed some light here, but I thought they had moved personnel around. Certainly Pixar Place and TSMM is a team effort of Pixar/WDI. And Lasseter is everywhere.

SirGoofy

I don't think this is quite accurate. Perhaps someone can shed some light here, but I thought they had moved personnel around. Certainly Pixar Place and TSMM is a team effort of Pixar/WDI. And Lasseter is everywhere.

Maybe they consulted a bit on TSMM and PP, but it's not like they did the designs of the ride, and they certainly have not spread outside themselves as it pertains to movies.

But this is a horrendous thread drift. I'll continue if you want to, if not this is the end.:lol:

Mr.EPCOT

golly!

One of the first news stories on this website was the removal of the Skyway!

Way back before there were even discussion boards!

And by some cosmic, mysterious coincidence, news of the removal of the Fantasyland Skyway station will be one of the site's last articles just before the Internet is made obsolete by the Ethermind... :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

Pirates may have been "lucky" but I also think it opened a lot of eyes at the studios as what kind of potential a really well crafted live action project can be.

Drop it, or tell us. It's maddening, when you do that.:rolleyes::lol:

Yes, exactly. If they get this TL film up and running though...:shrug: Could be nice.

I am prepared to change my outlook.:)

I just want to see concrete proof of it. Not rumblings, not maintenance (which they should be doing), but concrete proof.

lazyboy97o

What is the status of the queue inside the dome when things get this bad? It just seems really dumb to build an extended queue when there is so much space inside that I rarely ever see being utilized.

Jungle Cruise has been happening for some time now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom